Dr. John A. Swanson, MD

Fresno, CA 93710 Get Directions

2013 Five Star Recipient for Maternity Care

View Ratings

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Swanson specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology and practices in Fresno, CA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Swanson? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Swanson's Experience

94Experience
Match

See how Dr. Swanson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Swanson

Dr. Swanson accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Swanson has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Swanson
Dr. Swanson's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (14)
in Clovis, CA |
I have seen Dr. Swanson for over 8 years. He has provided care for 4 of my 5 pregnancies and I can't imagine a better experience. He is smart and caring and kind. A great combo for a doctor. Expect a little bit of a wait time, but please understand that is because when he meets with you, he doesn't set an alarm to make it to the next appointment. He is thorough and spends time to answer all of your questions while you are there.
in Fresno |
I wouldn't go back. Like similar reviews, I waited six weeks for an appointment, the 30 minutes when I got there. Receptionist said copay had to be made in cash, which is something I thought they should mention ahead of time. Once in my appointment, I was told I'd have to go get a prescription, and a blood test, then come back the following week to continue my appointment. I've never had that experience with a doctor where they send you all around town for something really simple.
in Fresno, ca |
I WAITED FOR 2 and half MONTHS FOR A APPOINTMENT. OFFICE CALLED RESCHEDULE TWICE. THEN I FINALLY GOT APPOINTMENT WAITING 1 HOUR to see the doctor, he comes and introduces himself and immediately days he had to reschedule for another day. .. pus the other annoying fact the staff and nuts were just busy having loud conversations and laughing rather attending to patients..
in Fresno, CA |
I've gone to Swanson's office for about 15 years now and have always loved the experience. I never wait more than 15 minutes in the lobby before the appointment and the staff is very helpful. I've always enjoyed visits with my nurse practitioner, Barbara Gilman, who is kind and informative. She responds respectfully to my questions and I never feel left in the dark. Can't ask for more than that!
Have you seen Dr. John A. Swanson, MD?
Are you Dr. Swanson?