Dr. John Swan II, MD

Dr. John Swan II, MD

Anterior Segment Ophthalmology  |
Dr. John Swan II, MD is an anterior segment ophthalmology doctor who practices in Montgomery, AL. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Read his story

2752 Zelda Rd

Montgomery, AL 36106

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • CHAMPVA
  • EyeMed Vision Care

Learn about Dr. Swan II

See how frequently Dr. Swan II performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
Stye
Keratoconus

Dr. Swan II's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Swan II's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Swan II "John L. Swan, MD graduated cum laude in molecular biology from Vanderbilt University and received his Medical Degree from the University of Alabama School of Medicine in 1985. He completed his internship at the Carraway Methodist Medical Center in Birmingham, and his residency in ophthalmology at the Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation in New Orleans. In addition, he completed a fellowship in Cornea and External Disease at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Schools Affiliated Hospitals in Dallas. Board-certified in ophthalmology, he served on the faculty at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center before joining Montgomery Eye Physicians in 1991. Dr. Swan has over 25 years of cornea, cataract and refractive surgery experience, including DSAEK, corneal transplantation, no-stitch cataract surgery, radial and astigmatic keratotomy, ASA, refractive lensectomy, and LASIK using iLASIK CustomVue technology. As one of the most experienced laser surgeons in the country, Dr. Swan has performed refractive surgery on members of his own family, office staff and physician colleagues, and twice has been named one of the Top 100 LASIK Surgeons in the U.S. among a network of over 1,000 physicians. Originally from Mobile, Dr. Swan and his wife Pamela have a son and daughter in college. He enjoys sailing and golf."

This content was provided by Dr. Swan II "At Montgomery Eye Physicians, our mission is to serve our patients, employees and referring providers with a total commitment to quality, courtesy and professionalism."

• Anterior Segment Ophthalmology

• Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Vanderbilt University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1981
  • University Of Alabama At Birmingham
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Transitional Internship-Medicine & Surgery-Carraway Methodist Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Ophthalmology-Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Cornea and External Disease-University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Schools Affiliated Hospitals
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Swan II has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Swan II does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Swan II and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Swan II's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Swan II to family and friends
Dr. Swan II's Performance
in Prattville, AL |
All of you at Montgomery Eye is excellent and I felt safe with you all. It was a clean loving environment .I would recommend people to go to your office even for a regular eye examine and anything else they may need concerning their eyes. I really appreciate all of you all kindness, love and in attentive that was showed to me though out my process. Thank y'all so much
in Auburn |
Dr. Swan preformed two DESAEK procedures on my eyes plus a cataract removal, lens replacement, and laser work. I could not imagine a better outcome nor care during this time. Dr, Swan is very clear in explaining what he will do, his staff is unfailingly professional and polite, and scheduling was very easy... I highly recommend Dr. John Swan and Montgomery Eye Physicians . I will certainly return if further need arises.. Wait times are very good for a specialist in this field.
in Montgomery |
Everyone at Montgomery Eye Physicians was GREAT today.
Auburn, AL |
Dr. Swan's diagnosis of my corneal problem, surgery and follow up to completed healing was excellent. He was very professional and kind. Upon my dismissal he said to let him know if I had any further corneal problem and i certainly will be pleased if needed to use his services again.
in Deatsville, AL |
I found Dr. Swan and his staff to be very professional, friendly, and courteous! Everyone took time to explain what was being done and answered all questions without hesitation. I never felt hurried or pressured during the entire visit. I was extremely pleased with the entire experience!!!
in Wetumpka, AL |
Dr Swan and his team did an amazing job. They all walked me through the steps of my procedure and explained everything very throughly. I would definitely recommend calling them to see if Lasik is right for you. You won't regret it!
in Montgomery, AL |
We love Dr Swan. He is kind and most important he knows what he is doing and of course that is the most important thing you seek in a doctor. He is actually my husband's doctor. His name is Robert Forshey.
Montgomery, AL |
Very pleasant experience, start to finish. All staff were extremely professional and friendly.
in Montgomery, AL |
Great experience with Dr. Swan and his entire team in connection with my Lasik procedure! Extremely efficient and has a great demeanor and very professional. Would highly recommend Dr. Swan and MEP in connection with any eye related physician needs and will use them again as necessary
in Montgomery, AL |
My appointment was ay 2pm. I had to wait until 4:40 before I was able to see Dr. Swann. Nobody should ever have to wait 2 1/2 hours to see their doctor. Also, Dr. Swann asked the nurse to find my record of having lasik surgery over 20 years ago. This is just a reminder that he needs that record for my appointment on May 23d. I wasn't advised that this surgery may result in reduced distance vision because I had lasik surgery in the past. I would have postponed cataract surgery. John Hall
Wetumpka, AL |
The staff was awesome and very friendly. They took time to answer any questions I had. Dr. Swan did a great job explaining everything and made me as comfortable as he could for my procedure. During the surgery, Dr. Swan and the nurses talk you through everything they are doing and what you will be seeing and or feeling.
in Montgomery, AL |
Dr. Swan and his staff did an excellent job preparing me and walking me through the procedure. I can't say enough great things about them and the experience I had with lasik surgery.
in Valley, AL |
Very professional! Explained every detail and him and his staff are excellent!! Would recommend Dr. Swan and Dr. McFadden and the Staff at Montgomery Eye Physicians to everyone!
Montgomery, AL |
The surgery was easy and the experience was really great. The staff was friendly and helpful and made you feel safe.
Montgomery, AL |
I had the best LASIK surgery experience at Montgomery Eye Physicians with Dr. Swan and his staff. The staff was patient in answering all my many questions and there was absolutely no pressure from them to get the surgery. They were so kind and caring throughout the entire process and were with me through every step of the way. Dr. Swan and his team made every effort to make sure I was comfortable and relaxed. I couldn't ask for a better experience.
in Clanton, AL |
I would Highly recommend Dr. Swan II to anyone with major eye disorders. I have or had Salzmann's Nodular Corneal Degeneration. Dr. Swan performed surgery on both eyes, March 7, and May 2, 2016. The left eye is GREAT and the right eye is almost Great. The surgery was traumatic, but I would certainly use Dr. Swan if I needed the surgery again at a later date.
in Montgomery, AL |
Very thorough. Lots of experience. Very satisfied. Staff is top-notch.
in Montgomery, AL |
Definitely took the time to explain all parts of the procedure and did not rush me out of any of my appointments with him.
in Montgomery, AL |
Would recommend because of results. Also appreciated his willingness to answer questions, something not all docs will do.
in AL |
Dr. Swan and his entire staff are top notch. I am so pleased with the outcome of my Lasik surgery. I just wish I would have done it sooner.
in Troy, AL |
In past, have really appreciated Dr. Swan. But just received notice time to schedule husband's yearly exam. Called to make appointment, but next available was almost a year in the future. Something not right there. My husband is diabetic and needs YEARLY exams. If no cancellations occur so he can get in earlier, I may find another doctor for him. Very discouraging!
in McKenzie AL |
Dr Swan is a great doctor. The good Lord guided him through my surgery
Have you seen Dr. John Swan II, MD?
Are you Dr. Swan II?

Visit Dr. Swan II

Dr. Swan II accepts 18 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
    Dental Blue 100/200/300
  • CHAMPVA
  • EyeMed Vision Care
    Vision Care Plan (VCP)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medicare
  • Superior Vision
    Prime
    Standard
    TriCare for Life
  • Veteran Administration Plan
  • Vision Service Plan (VSP)
  • VIVA Health