Dr. John Sun, MD

Dr. John Sun, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery  |
Dr. John Sun, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Parker, CO. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

9397 Crown Crest Blvd Ste 201

Parker, CO 80138

Learn about Dr. Sun

See how frequently Dr. Sun performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Anal Fissure
Abdominal Disorders
Gastrointestinal Diseases

Dr. Sun's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Appendectomy, Open
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Sphincterotomy

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University Of Colorado
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • University CO
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • University Of Colorado
  • University Of Minnesota Hospitals and Clinics
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Sun has no media or publications listed.

• Korean

Dr. Sun does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sun and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sun's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sun to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Sun's Performance
in Denver, CO |
Although i am in healthcare & think people reviewing Dr's online is absurd, I'm going to play the game because Dr. Sun is THAT important to me.I was referred to Dr. Sun in an emergency scenario after delivering my baby.My OB asked a favor that he come by the ER to see me.It was late, he had changed out of scrubs & was heading home, but he accepted the favor & saw me.He Helped me through 5 surgeries, an Ileostomy at 30 yrs old, 6months of HeLL. I cry when i think of him because he changed my life
in Aurora, CO |
I was referred to Dr. Sun for a surgical solution for chronic diverticulitis. I just finished (11 days ago) the 2nd of 2 surgeries (8 weeks apart) to remove about a foot of my sigmoid colon. Dr Sun is a highly skilled, careful and attentive surgeon. He took the time to carefully explain my condition, why surgery was the best option, how the surgery would be performed (in detail) and willingly answered any questions I had about the process. Post surgery, he carefully followed my progress.
in Strasburg, CO |
Dr. Sun is an outstanding surgeon. My condition required an initial surgery and two followup biopsies. I experienced very little pain as Dr. Sun is very good with pain management. Dr Sun is easy to talk with and shows concern for his patients. I would recommend him to family or friends if they needed surgery.
in Kiowa, CO |
The best Dr and surgeon. Listens to the patient plus takes his time explaining procedures with ease.
in Aurora, CO |
Clear, to the point, friendly, excellent surgeon. I had an excellent experience with Dr. Sun and his staff. I will visit again and recommend his office to others.
in Elizabeth, CO |
Attitude, patient approach, straight-shooter. All qualities I look for in an expert.
in Denver |
Thank you, Dr. Sun for fixing my medical issues with grace, knowledge, expertise and wisdom. The "end" result was "endcredible"!
in Littleton, CO |
The miracle worker of my life. I love Dr. Sun and he saved my life! So knowledgeable; so friendly; so nurturing. You could not ask for anymore from a surgeon!
in Denver, CO |
In 2006 I was a 53 year old woman who was experiencing prolapse and poor function of the rectum. Dr Sun and Dr Aguirre reconstructed the prolapsed parts in the rectum and vaginal areas. I was terrified of pain potential and discomfort, but was pleased that this was managed very well. The surgery was a great success and 10 years later I am in very good condition.
in Parker, CO |
Excellent experience. Face it rectal surgery is not fun and it is embarrassing, but Dr. Sun and his staff really take good care of you and takes the awkwardness out of the situation. His work is excellent and he uses the latest pain management (exparel) that keeps you pain free during the 3 days following surgery. Normally post op pain is excruciating. All the way around, if you need hemorrhoid surgery, Dr Sun should be your first choice.
in South Fork, CO |
We carefully researched for a doctor who had knowledge of and experience operating on pilonidal cysts for our 19 year old son. Dr. Sun was very knowledgeable and experienced with pilonidal disease. He spent time explaining what was going on and how he would operate (doing a modified Bascom procedure) prior to the surgery. We are almost a month post op and have absolutely nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Sun and the procedure. We highly recommend Dr. Sun and his staff.
in Aurora, CO |
After procrastinating for way too long, I finally decided to get a colonoscopy. My Primary Care Physician recommended Dr. Sun and I'm so glad he did! Not only was Dr Sun very personable, his staff was wonderful. Their recommended method for prep (colon cleanse) was actually far easier than I expected. Dr. Sun and his team were very good to answer all my questions, and the process was a piece of cake!
in Parker, CO |
Been a patient of Dr. Sun for the past couple of years and couldn't be happier. Not only is he friendly and generous with his time, he is a consummate professional. After my most recent colonoscopy, he identified a concerning adenoma and provided me with a range of options. Understanding my immediate reaction, he calmly and clearly explained the risks and opportunities for a favorable outcome. I followed up with Dr. Sun to have laparoscopic surgery to remove my appendix. Thanks Dr. Sun!
Have you seen Dr. John Sun, MD?
Are you Dr. Sun?