Dermatology  |
Dr. John Strasswimmer, MD
Dr. John Strasswimmer, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Delray Beach, FL. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Strasswimmer is affiliated with Boca Raton Regional Hospital and Delray Medical Center.

Dermatology Assocs/Palm Beach

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Strasswimmer

Patient and family in focus with the excellence of Advanced Harvard and Yale training

Dr. Strasswimmer's Experience

Dr. Strasswimmer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Folliculitis
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Melanoma
  • Merkel Cell Carcinoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Yale Medical School-Yale New Haven Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Massachusetts General Hospital-Harvard Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Mohs College: The American College Of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

• French

Dr. Strasswimmer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Strasswimmer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Strasswimmer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Strasswimmer to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Strasswimmer's Performance
    FAIR
Boca Raton, FL |
MOHs surgery had begun and my husband started feeling ill and Dr. Strasswimmer started yelling at me his wife that he did not have time for this. He was rude miserable and a horrible surgeon. My husband was finally able to leave the office and he was in terrible pain the whole night. We have been through many MOHs surgeries in Pennsylvania and the experience here was awful. Even the attending nurse quit within the week. He never had such severe pain after any of his other surgeries!
Delray Beach, FL |
Awful experience! Came back after consult to have scouting biopsies for my 86 yr old mother. Waited 1 1/2 hrs then was told to go get lunch and come back in an hour. Waited another hour only to have him say he couldn't help my mother because she couldn't lay on her stomach long enough for him to do what he needed to do. I guess he can't adjust the way he works based on the poor physical condition of his patients. Got the feeling he didn't want to treat mom. Just brushed us off! Stay away!
in Lake Worth, FL |
My husband and I both have had wonderful experiences. His surgery had to be very close to his eye. Dr Strasswimmer did an amazing job. There is no scar. Gratefully his eye was not cut into, but it was so close. And today you would not believe he ever had a problem. My surgery seemed to be most of my cheek, but Dr. Strasswimmer's skill is incredible. The whole experience is something you can handle. This doctor does not forget to smile. He is caring and kind. We were blessed to have him.
Delray Beach, FL |
If you value your life, avoid this horrible place!!! The doctor and staff spent more time convincing me not to get stitches than it would have taken to stitch up the large hole in my leg from Moh's. So after 4 months of cleaning out the quarter sized hole in my leg everyday (instead of the two weeks if they had stitched it) I am left with a hideous scar that never healed right. It is still painful to the touch a year and a half later. Thanks to Dr. Strasswimmer for making me feel like a number..
in West Palm Beach |
Large 2 1/2" scar after removing small basal cell on left chin under my lip. Apparently he likes to play with his laser. Long waiting times. Rude staff. Neglected to inform me that I had an antibiotic prescribed after surgery. Would not have known unless the Publix pharmacy called 3 days later. Good thing I used triple-A ointment at home. Screwed up my follow-up date and blamed it on their automated system after I missed work. Avoid this place unless you want to look like Frankenstein's cousin.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Three years ago I had a PIN DROP SIZE basal cell carcinoma under my right eye and had Dr. Strasswimmer perform Mohs surgery. There was an assembly line of patients. I felt like my face was being sewed up at break-neck speed like a burlap sack. I was shown the cut BEFORE stitching - the size of a pencil eraser. When I removed bandages I was stunned to see a glaring, crooked 4" scar running down to my lips. He said it would disappear in a year. Three years later it is still very prominent.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Strasswimmer performed Mohs surgery on my forehead, arm, and back. I would not recommend him! I have awful scarring that I am now looking into having a plastic surgeon perform reconstructive surgery on.
in Boynton Beach FL |
We had a 7:30 am appt and he didn't even start the surgery until after 10:00 am. Bad Boy! He receives appox. $2500 per surgery so you would think he would treat his patients with some respect. My time is worth something too.
Boca Raton, FL |
the staff is TERRIBLE I would never recommend going to this office I would give negative stars if I could
in Boca Raton, FL |
My appointment - 2.30 p.m.I arrived at 2.10 p.m. - not to be late ! signed in and waited. All the chairs were taken up by patients. Stood for about 15 min. before a chair became available 4 p.m. enquired when I will be seen was told I am next.With that one called Gretchen informed me that Dr. is busy with an emergency, will still be a while.Why did you not tell this when I arrived,I wold have rescheduled or come back later she was rude and slammed the door in my face never see me there
Have you seen Dr. John Strasswimmer, MD?
Are you Dr. Strasswimmer?

Visit Dr. Strasswimmer