Dr. John Stokes, MD

Dr. John Stokes, MD

Neurosurgery | Male | 48 years old

16 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Stokes specializes in Neurosurgery and practices in Austin, TX. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Stokes? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Stokes' Experience

See how Dr. Stokes' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Stokes

Dr. Stokes accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Stokes has admitting privileges.

Dr. Stokes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stokes to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Stokes' Performance
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Stokes probably spent more time visiting with me over my back issues than any doctor I've ever seen before. He has a large tablet with great graphics that he used to compare my MRI slides to a healthy spine and explain the differences. Then rather than say you need surgery immediately, he outlines a series of options going forward with the least invasive first. I would recommend Dr. Stokes to anybody! This guy is top-shelf.
Victoria, Tx |
Dr. Stokes went above and beyond with a great deal of patience to explain the spine issues that my mother in law was experiencing. He spent more time during the appointment than we could have ever expected. Additionally, his bedside manner is incredible. We would highly recommend Dr. Stokes!
in Austin, TX |
I am a patient of Dr. Stokes and even more importantly a subject of successful back surgery. I was experiencing pain that was becomming crippling. Dr. Stokes performed a transforminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) to address a deteriorated disc and spinal mis-alignment. The results have been positive and amazing. My pain is gone and my recovery from surgery is very near complete. Dr. Stokes and his team were attentive, supportive, kind and in all ways professional and thorough.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Stokes is great! I had back surgery with another doctor that put me in worse shape than I was before surgery. I could barely walk, and had terrible nerve pain in my back and down my left hip and leg to my shin. He also discovered a fracture in one of my vertebrae that was most likely caused by the previous doctor. I saw 5 doctors and chose Dr. Stokes as he was the most thorough, down to earth, and upfront with what needed to be done (L4-L5 fusion). It wasn't easy, but Dr. Stokes and his sta
in Austin, TX |
I don't know who Larry from Cedar Park talked with, but it's not the Dr. Stokes I met with for over an hour to discuss my back problem. He was friendly, professional, and very informative. What an outstanding professor he will be! Such a fine teacher. Haven't had surgery yet, but feel very comfortable with him in charge. Kudos to the staff for their help and their positive attitude.
in Wimberley, TX |
Dr. Stokes is one of the most caring, most personable, and most competent doctors I have ever had the pleasure of knowing in my 62 years of life. For over 30 years, I suffered from severe back pain, neck pain, and carpal tunnel syndrome. After an MRI revealed that I had cervical stenosis and degenerative disc disease, I was fortunate enough to find Dr. Stokes. He performed anterior and posterior cervical fusion C-3-6, and I am now 3 months post op and feeling better than I have felt in years!
in Cedar Park, TX |
I called Dr. Stokes for help with sever back pain. I had all my images ready. Called the dr. and got the run around. Later when i finally got to talk to the Dr. he told me basically that I was Not worth his time. I would NOT got to this man for a bandaid!! He is RUDE, unethical and just not a good guy!!
We strive to provide excellent service and patient care. While we haven't been able to contact you personally and learn more details, given the opportunity, we would like to learn more about your experience. Please reach out to the office at your convenience. Sincerely, 512-324-3580
Very obviously caring and spent lot of time explaining my back issues.
Have you seen Dr. John Stokes, MD?

Dr. Stokes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Stokes has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Stokes' Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Aneurysm
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

Univ Of North Carolina Hosp Chapel Hill Nc
    University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medici
    Cedars-Sinai Institue For Spinal Disorders
    University Of Texas-Austin

Dr. Stokes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stokes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery
  • Neurological Spine Surgery

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent