Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. John Spieker, MD
Dr. John Spieker, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Lewes, DE. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Spieker is affiliated with Beebe Medical Center.

17005 Old Orchard Rd

• Devon Health
  • One Net
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Spieker

See how frequently Dr. Spieker performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Dislocation
Osteoarthritis of Knee
Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)

Dr. Spieker's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Spieker "As a musculoskeletal specialist, I utilize all techniques in the management of orthopedic problems. I offer Medical Acupuncture as an alternative to the standard medical treatments for complex problems. While well trained and experienced in surgical treatments, it remains the last option for management of most problems."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Neuroplasty
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Delaware.

• Columbia University / College Of Physicians and Surgeons
  • UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Helms Medical Institute For Medical Acupuncture
    Other Education | Completed 2013

Dr. Spieker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Spieker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Spieker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Spieker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Spieker to family and friends
Dr. Spieker's Performance
Milton |
Dr. Spieker is an energetic, professional physician. He explains all your options completely in simple turns. He's a great guy. I'd recommend him to anyone who need an orthopedic surgeon.
in Rehoboth Beach DE |
Dr. Spieker was / is a truely genuine nice man and an excellent purveyor in his field! He demonstrated he LISTENS,CARES,& had/had unending COMPASSION for me as his patient. One can consider ones self VERY Lucky to be his patient. Kudos Dr. Spieker ~ Keep up the excellent service/doctoring! I tip me hat to ye ~lol! ;•>
in ocean pines |
Dr. Spieker is the best doctor I have ever had. He takes time with his patients. He doesn't try to sell you something that is not worth it. He is also an excellent surgeon. I would highly recommend Dr. Spieker to any of my family or friends.
in Ocean View, DE |
Wonderful experience with Dr Spieker and staff. Surgery center nurses were outstanding as was Dr Spieker.
Milton, DE |
My wife and l both use Dr. Spieker,very easy to talk to he explained our problems and made sure we understood ever thing.
in Berlin, MD |
Two doctors told me I needed surgery for my shoulder but my research told me otherwise. I went to Dr. Spieker about a year ago (he advised strongly against surgery) and I am almost symptom free. Had to go outside of my insurance network to see him but it saved me big time in the long run! Secret to his success in my experience: passion and knowledge in his field and he actually (wait for it...) LISTENS. That made all the difference.
in Rehoboth Beach, DE |
Dr. Spieker is very friendly, informative, and has helped me tremendously. Highly recommend.
in Millsboro, DE |
I am 50+ years of age, so I've seen one or two doctors in my time (sigh). Dr. Spieker is effortless with his craft; and a pleasure to be in the company of... He makes his patients feel important, spends quality time educating; and moreover, his bedside manner removes the overall anxiety one would feel being at the doctors office. In my observations, you see the connection with his staff as well, for he truly cares about people - a rarity anymore. Thank you, Sir.
in Laurel, DE |
Doctor Spieker is excellent in what he does. He explained what the problem was with my knees and walked me through the procedure to fix both of them. He and his staff were courteous and caring.
in Bethany Beach, DE |
Great Dr. and easy to work with and does a great job for the patient.
in Peru ME |
Dr Spieker is a Doctor who is the rock in his field. He keeps himself in excellent health setting examples for his patients, when In front of Dr Spieker you can feel the confidence and can easily tell he loves what he does. He covers everything and misses nothing. 1000 % on his game. I moved to Maine unable to do knee surgery in DE and Dr Spieker called put me in front of my new Doctor and put all my concerns to rest. Thanks Dr Spieker you continue to amaze me.
in Rehoboth Beach, DE |
Dr. Spieker is very knowledgeable in his field of medicine. He always took the time to thoroughly explain my issue and offer solutions. His action plan helped tremendously without the need for excessive testing and surgical procedures. I never had to wait an extended period of time for my appointment. The office seemed to run on schedule during my visits. Overall, I found the staff to be friendly. I would recommend Dr. Spieker and Orthopaedic Associates of Southern Delaware.
in Rehoboth Beach, DE |
Dr. Spieker treats me like a valued patient. He is not in a rush, definitely takes his time and explains things in simple language. I totally recommend his and his staff.
Lewes, DE |
I would recommend Dr. Spieker because of his experience, skill, his rapport with me, his explanations that are easy to understand and the time that he spends with me each visit. He does not rush me through appointments.
in Dagsboro |
I have been seeing Dr. Speaker for several years now and have always been very satisfied with him and his recommendations. Dr.Spieker is very easy to talk to and explains things so that I can understand them.
in Bethany Beach, DE |
Takes time to evaluate situations. Explains all options to you. He does not rush to surgery. Is enthusiastic about physical therapy and homeopathic options. He resolved shoulder issues I had from artillery shrapnel wounds for years. He also treated my torn knee meniscus resulting from a crazy twist in the gym. Both treatments greatly improved my quality of life. He is an athlete that has injuries himself and has stayed very fit so he is aware of how your body will likely react to treatment.
in Lewes, DE |
An MRI showed a torn meniscus. I expected surgery, but Dr. Spieker was cautious. Since pain hd subsided, he suggested waiting a month for a follow-up before deciding. Now I am active with no pain, so thankful I did not have surgery at this time. I appreciate Dr. Spieker's thoughtful attention to my many questions.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr Spieker explained my injury and options to remedy it. I was very confident in his analysis.he didn't try to push for an operation as another Dr. Had. I would highly recommend him.
in Lewes, DE |
I saw Dr. Spieker for follow-up with a broken shoulder (no surgery); he immediately switched me into a more aggressive form of physical therapy. With his recommended change (and help of Shore Movement Pete Mohacey) I made significant progress on my full range of motion. Dr. Spieker understood and encouraged my desire to continue with my weightlifting and to get back to 100%. I highly recommend Dr. Spieker and thank him for having my shoulder back and happily progressing in the gym.
in Rehoboth Beach, DE |
Staff friendly and efficient. Doctors take time with you. When contacting someone at the office with questions, a reply is received quickly.
in Lewes, DE |
Dr. Spieker takes the time to explain what the problem is and what he has do to correct it.
Lewes DE |
I'm a runner and developed knee pain. He was very knowledgeable regarding orthopedics and is an athlete himself. Spent a lot of time with me and cares about his patients greatly
Millsboro |
He is not fast to suggest surgery, do other options first.
in Lewes, DE |
Dr. Spieker listens to your problem, is very perceptive, explains what could be wrong. He doesn't just jump to surgery, he recommends PT and if this helps then all is well. My husband and I both have been to him, we have complete trust in Dr. Spieker.
in Rehoboth Beach, DE |
I was referred to Dr. Spieker by a neighbor and I couldn't be more pleased. He's affable, friendly and he diagnosed my condition and prescribed a curative procedure quickly.
Millsboro, DE |
Excellent physician and just an all around good man.
in Lewes, DE |
Great sense of humor. Puts you at ease. Explains everything in detail.
in Lewes, DE |
Dr Spieker is very easy to talk to and is very helpful in explaining what my problem is and how he can assist in improving my knee. Thanks.
in Rehoboth Beach, DELewes, DE |
Found out that Dr Spieker does not do surgery just because the MRI shows that something is not perfect. Upon Dr Spieker's advice, I waited 2 weeks and my knee pain, that I've had for 6 weeks, is gone-at least for now as of almost 3 weeks ago.
in Laurel, De |
I have been a patient of Dr. Spieker for many years. I do believe that Dr. Spieker truly cares about the health of his patients. I had shoulder surgery over 20 years ago and never had a problem since. I have always received excellent care from Dr. Spieker and his staff in his office and in the hospital. I would highly recommend Dr. Spieker.
in Milton, DE |
He was able to put me at ease in a somewhat scary situation. He was patient and knowledgeable and I think his whole team, including Henry are awesome!
in Lewes, DE |
Frank and easy to understand options. On time - no long waits.
in Ocean View, DE |
Excellent physician. Have gone to him for a number of different problems which he successfully resolved. Always straight forward and honest. I have and will continue to highly recommend him.
in Millsboro, DE |
Dr. Spieker was very helpful in educating me about my knee issues and he was forthright about the plusses and minus' of possible need for surgery.
in Seaford, DE |
Dr. Spieker was friendly; however, I got the impression that it was all about himself and his accomplishments with acupuncture rather than myself and my condition. Before I saw Dr. Spieker a lab technician came in and wanted to take some x-rays, 3 total in the shoulder area. My problem was not in the shoulder but the neck which was confirmed after I saw Dr. Spieker. He ordered 3 more. Then he said someone would call me within 3 days for another appt. Nobody called back.
in Lewes D.E. |
I have had pain and locking in my right knee for as long as I can remember. One day I woke up and it was swollen like crazy, and quite a bit more painful than usual. I'd gone to doctor Spieker for a few things when I was younger, and decided to come in. After a few appointments we came to find out I had a huge tear in my right lateral meniscus. A few weeks later I came in for surgery, and doctor Spieker and his team did an amazing job. I was back to work in 2 weeks. He completely changed my life
in Lewes, De |
Efficient, explained my knee problems, identified proposed solutions/treatments, listened to my concerns, reacted.
in Lewes, DE |
Everything was explained very well by Dr. Spieker for the procedure that I would be having, the staff was super nice and helpful. Would recommend Dr. Spieker.
in Harbeson, Delaware |
Very upbeat & pleasant. Liked the pictures he showed me of my knee. Gave me a better picture of what was wrong & what he did to help me. Always willing to answer my questions. Definitely recommend.
in Lewes, DE |
PROFESSIONAL, BUT CARING. LISTENS AND EXPLAINS IN LAYMAN TERMS. VISIT IS NOT HURRIED AND THE ENTIRE STAFF IS FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL.
in Rehoboth Beach, DE |
Polite, professional, courteous, clean. I highly recommend Dr. Spieker and his STAFF! So many places have great Dr's but the STAFF is RUDE. This place is AMAZING! I always feel special and cared about when I'm there. Thanks
in Lewes, DE |
He takes his time to explain what is going on and what has to be done. Than makes appointment to have it taken care of in a timely fashion. He is just plain good/
in Selbyville, DE |
Very understanding and explains things in layman terms which I could understand.
in Lewes, DE |
Dr. Spieker and his staff are all on the same page they all work together with their patients,not only is Dr. Spieker is a good doctor but also a great surgeon.I had great results , Also after the surgery i had outstanding follow care. Daniel Kinn of Lewes De.
in Milton, DE |
I really thought he did a thorough examination and came up with correct diagnosis. I really like his attitude and personality.
in Rehoboth Beach, DE |
Such a friendly place. Everyone is no nice. Dr. Spieker himself is so down to earth and real. I always feel comfortable and well taken care of.
in Ocean View, DE |
great doctor, takes time to listen, great surgeon
in Lewes, DE |
He takes his time with his patients until they fully understand what he's explaining. His bedside manner is a PLUS and very much appreciated. We're thankful for his expertise.
in Lewes, DE |
I found him to be very good. He listened to my story. He took the time to address my specific questions. In my first visit he had x-rays taken and made a diagnosis and recommended a treatment. He walked through the x-rays, diagnosis, and suggested course of action in detail with me. I came out feeling very confident my problem was identified and the course of treatment recommended was correct.
in Houston, DE |
All of my visits to Dr. Spieker have been nothing short of enjoyable. He makes you feel as if he has known you your whole life.I would recommend him to all of my family and friends.
Have you seen Dr. John Spieker, MD?
Are you Dr. Spieker?