Dr. John E. Spieker, MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Spieker's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Spieker's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Orthopedic Surgerynull

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Delaware.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Spieker

Dr. Spieker accepts 14 insurance carriers

14 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Spieker has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Spieker

Dr. Spieker's Review Details
      4.9 based on 127 responses
      Experience with Dr. Spieker
      Dr. Spieker's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (117)
      in Milton, DE |
      He was able to put me at ease in a somewhat scary situation. He was patient and knowledgeable and I think his whole team, including Henry are awesome!
      in Lewes, DE |
      Frank and easy to understand options. On time - no long waits.
      in Ocean View, DE |
      Excellent physician. Have gone to him for a number of different problems which he successfully resolved. Always straight forward and honest. I have and will continue to highly recommend him.
      in Millsboro, DE |
      Dr. Spieker was very helpful in educating me about my knee issues and he was forthright about the plusses and minus' of possible need for surgery.
      in Laurel, DE |
      Good experience with the doctor and staff.
      in Seaford, DE |
      Dr. Spieker was friendly; however, I got the impression that it was all about himself and his accomplishments with acupuncture rather than myself and my condition. Before I saw Dr. Spieker a lab technician came in and wanted to take some x-rays, 3 total in the shoulder area. My problem was not in the shoulder but the neck which was confirmed after I saw Dr. Spieker. He ordered 3 more. Then he said someone would call me within 3 days for another appt. Nobody called back.
      in Lewes D.E. |
      I have had pain and locking in my right knee for as long as I can remember. One day I woke up and it was swollen like crazy, and quite a bit more painful than usual. I'd gone to doctor Spieker for a few things when I was younger, and decided to come in. After a few appointments we came to find out I had a huge tear in my right lateral meniscus. A few weeks later I came in for surgery, and doctor Spieker and his team did an amazing job. I was back to work in 2 weeks. He completely changed my life
      in Lewes, De |
      Efficient, explained my knee problems, identified proposed solutions/treatments, listened to my concerns, reacted.
      in Lewes, DE |
      Everything was explained very well by Dr. Spieker for the procedure that I would be having, the staff was super nice and helpful. Would recommend Dr. Spieker.
      in Harbeson, Delaware |
      Very upbeat & pleasant. Liked the pictures he showed me of my knee. Gave me a better picture of what was wrong & what he did to help me. Always willing to answer my questions. Definitely recommend.
      in Lewes, DE |
      PROFESSIONAL, BUT CARING. LISTENS AND EXPLAINS IN LAYMAN TERMS. VISIT IS NOT HURRIED AND THE ENTIRE STAFF IS FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL.
      in Rehoboth Beach, DE |
      Polite, professional, courteous, clean. I highly recommend Dr. Spieker and his STAFF! So many places have great Dr's but the STAFF is RUDE. This place is AMAZING! I always feel special and cared about when I'm there. Thanks
      in Lewes, DE |
      He takes his time to explain what is going on and what has to be done. Than makes appointment to have it taken care of in a timely fashion. He is just plain good/
      in Selbyville, DE |
      Very understanding and explains things in layman terms which I could understand.
      in Lewes, DE |
      Dr. Spieker and his staff are all on the same page they all work together with their patients,not only is Dr. Spieker is a good doctor but also a great surgeon.I had great results , Also after the surgery i had outstanding follow care. Daniel Kinn of Lewes De.
      in Milton, DE |
      I really thought he did a thorough examination and came up with correct diagnosis. I really like his attitude and personality.
      in Rehoboth Beach, DE |
      Such a friendly place. Everyone is no nice. Dr. Spieker himself is so down to earth and real. I always feel comfortable and well taken care of.
      in Ocean View, DE |
      great doctor, takes time to listen, great surgeon
      in Lewes, DE |
      He takes his time with his patients until they fully understand what he's explaining. His bedside manner is a PLUS and very much appreciated. We're thankful for his expertise.
      in Lewes, DE |
      I found him to be very good. He listened to my story. He took the time to address my specific questions. In my first visit he had x-rays taken and made a diagnosis and recommended a treatment. He walked through the x-rays, diagnosis, and suggested course of action in detail with me. I came out feeling very confident my problem was identified and the course of treatment recommended was correct.
      in Houston, DE |
      All of my visits to Dr. Spieker have been nothing short of enjoyable. He makes you feel as if he has known you your whole life.I would recommend him to all of my family and friends.
      in Ocean View, De |
      Dr. Spieker treated me for back and leg problem with Neiro Stimulation System. (NSS). He was very attentive to my needs and explained everything he was doing. I definitely feel better after the procedures although I wish it could have made more of a difference with the pain level. I would definitely recommend trying the NSS treatment with Dr. Spieker.
      in Ocean View, DE |
      Dr. Spieker and his staff always treat their patients with respect and are always helpful .
      in Rehoboth Beach , DE |
      Staff very professional. Dr Spieker spent time explaining procedure and made sure I understood, answered all my questions. Never spent more than 5 min waiting. I'm very happy with the results..knee feel great.
      in Lewes, DE |
      He doesn't hesitate to explain and describe everything that's going on with my condition and my care. He is also very good at what he does.
      in Lewes DE |
      He listens and he is knowledegable-I trust him. he has helped me with a torn rotator cuff, cubital tunnel syndrome and bursitis/water on the knee
      in Rehoboth Beach, DE |
      Starting with my first visit with Dr. Spieker I had absolute trust in his orthopaedic knowledge and abilities (and I don't trust every doctor easily). He took the time to completely explain my problem and all appropiate cures. I also greatly appreciate that did not suggest surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Spieker to family and friends.
      in Milton, Delaware |
      the doctor and staff were very courteous and professional.
      in Millsboro, DE |
      Dr. Spieker is an excellent surgeon and doctor. He is always very thorough with your appointments and takes the time to explain details to you so that you as the patient can understand. Excellent bed-side manner and you are not just a number with him.
      in Millsboro, DE |
      I really appreciated his straight-forward manner. Also, his concern to explain what was going on with my knee in a way that I clearly understood was very comforting. Thank you, Dr. Spieker.
      in Harrington, DE |
      Each visit and procedure has been very professional and timely. Dr Spieker and the entire staff have always been very friendly and cooperative. They all listen to my concerns and provide the answers I have needed. Dr Spieker makes every effort to provide an accurate assessment and diagnosis. From start to finish(even the days after), the surgery center staff is very professional and every step was taken to insure cleanliness, comfort, accuracy and success of my surgeries. Thank You!
      in Milford, DE |
      takes time to talk to you and understands what you tell him. you are not rushed in and out .
      in Lewes,DE |
      Given an appointment rather quickly. Dr. identified problem and gave a solution based on his years of experience.
      in Milford, DE |
      Dr. Spieker was extremely personable and professional. He answered every question I had and took his time!
      Have you seen Dr. Spieker?
      Are you Dr. Spieker? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Spieker

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
      • De Quervain's Disease
      • Elbow Disorders
      • Elbow Sprain
      • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
      • Femur Fracture
      • Knee Dislocation
      • Knee Fracture
      • Knee Injuries
      • Knee Sprain
      • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
      • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
      • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
      • Lumbar Spine Fracture
      • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
      • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
      • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Neuroplasty
      • Rotator Cuff Surgery
      • Trigger Finger Release
      • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Delaware.

Rutgers University / New Brunswick Campus

Graduated in 1975

• Other Education
        Helms Medical Institute For Medical Acupuncture

Completed in 2013

Dr. Spieker has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Spieker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
      • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
      • Malpractice claims in Delaware not available
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Spieker

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Spieker's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Spieker

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Spieker's Care Philosophy

As a musculoskeletal specialist, I utilize all techniques in the management of orthopedic problems. I offer Medical Acupuncture as an alternative to the standard medical treatments for complex problems. While well trained and experienced in surgical treatments, it remains the last option for management of most problems.

Dr. Spieker says...

Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery and Medical Acupuncture.