Dr. John Smoot, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 52

Dr. Smoot

Texas Orthopedics Sports and Rehabilitation Associates

4700 Seton Center Pkwy Ste 200 Austin, TX 78759

Dr. John Smoot, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Austin, TX and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas in 1993 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and sports medicine.

Dr. Smoot accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Smoot has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(512) 439-1001Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Smoot's experience treating your condition or procedure

Ankle Sprains and Strains

Dr. Smoot treats Ankle Sprains and Strains more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Smoot treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture

Dr. Smoot treats Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Smoot treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Achilles Tendon Rupture

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Ataxia
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Broken Arm
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Tarsal or Metatarsal
  • Spondylosis
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

Dr. J. Brannan Smoot is an experienced and passionate orthopedic surgeon in Austin, Texas, and he is part of the team of talented orthopedic doctors at Texas Orthopedics. He is dedicated to helping patients recover from foot and ankle problems so the...

• Sports Medicine

11.594202898550725%

Dr. Smoot?
Dr. Smoot's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Smoot, MD
I was referred to Dr SMOOT by a family practice doctor. My left foot and ankle has been swollen for 10 days but there was no injury and the cause of the swelling is still a mystery. Dr SMOOT did X-rays and spent a fair amount of time asking questions and trying to explain the cause of the swelling. He told me to elevate it, wear compression socks when possible and we will hope it resolves. A friend had this condition recently and the unexplained swelling lasted a month. Dr SMOOT was very professional but also friendly and he put me at ease. The whole team at Texas Orthpedics was very welcoming, friendly and professional. Thank you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
I have recommended Dr Smoot to friends. I’m still hoping to avoid surgery, and he’s helping me to do that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
I had such a good experience at the southwest location at Barton Creek. Dr. Smoot and his PA Mike were fantastic. My surgery also went smoothly and would definitely recommend them to anyone needing foot/ankle surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
I’ve had 2 foot injuries that have had me limping over 2 years. Dr. Smoot assessed everything I told him regarding past treatment for an acute strain and plantar fasciitis. He was an extremely caring listener, even though my issue was not severe. He offered all options openly. I felt so comfortable. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
He is the best of the best... and his PA Mike is awesome too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
Dr. Smoot, his PA Mike, Eric and the staffs of the South Austin office and the surgery location were all kind, helpful, easy to make appointments, on-time and thoroughly liked the professionalism and kindness shown by all. Would highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
Excellent. Dr Smoot is a personable, caring, professional. He explains options and consequences of any action selected. He does not rush to surgery. He removed bone spurs from my heel and debrieded the Achilles’ tendon before reattaching it to the bone. Even with complications not related to the surgery 10 days ago, I have recovered at a rate that exceeded my expectations. He kept me informed of the results of all tests even if it meant contacting me at home after clinic hours. I would highly recommend Dr. Smoot as a competent, caring, professional who cares greatly about his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
Dr Smoot,and his PA Mike are very personable, knowledgeable and takes their time with their patients. I am speaking from personal experience. I was apprehensive about having surgery on my ankle. They put my fears to rest. Offered me a "pre" rehab to prepare me for the surgery so I will be prepared in advance and know what to expect beside the pain!! I will always use Texas Orthopedics and Dr Smoot with his incredible team!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
Dr. Smoot was great--listened attentively, reviewed previous medical records from another location and then ordered a current test for better assessment. The office is very professional and nice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
Dr Smoot is outstanding. Professional, knowledgeable,explains things, let’s you talk and answers “all” your questions Very engaging. Excellent!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
Dr Smoot crippled me for life by fatally damaged my FHL tendon during a subtalor fusion; this tendon was not part of the surgery and should not have been touched. Additionally the fusion failed because the screws backed out. He initially apologized, said he was sorry he hit the tendon. This situation is unrepairable because he and TMLT, malpractice ins, would not help me soon enough. Stay away from Tx Ortho, theyvare not your friends!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
Dr. Smoot is an extremely skilled orthopedic surgeon. He operated on my ankle four months ago to fuse two bones because they didn’t have cartilage between them, and I could not have had a better result. I have no pain and minimal swelling in my ankle. Dr. Smoot and his PA Mike Fields are a great team and were careful to take care of everything concerning my recovery. I could not be more pleased with my decision to use Dr. Smoot and Texas Orthopaedics. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
Very poor bedside manners and very rushed
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
Dr. Smoot and team (Mike PA) are the ONLY knee physicians I’ll see. I feel they understand my issues, and they truly listen to me. I couldn’t be happier.
Fantastic doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
I have traveled 932 miles one way, several times to continue my care with Dr. Smoot from out of state. His knowledge, wisdom (ability to apply that knowledge accurately and effectively) and his professionalism coupled with a kind, compassionate demeanor produces results. I have never felt like just another patient being pushed through an assembly line.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
Great staff. So pleasant and worked me in when I showed up an hour early by accident. Dr. Smoot listened to my concerns and is working with me in a solution for me knee.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
Dr. John Smoot is a fine doctor, and a great listener. He took a good amount of time for me to share the reason I was there. No rush or hurried exam. He answered all my questions and concerns. This was my first visit to Dr. Smoot and I am pleased he will be there when and if I need to return. I highly recommend his care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
I was very pleased with Dr. Smoot and his entire staff. He was honest in advising me that I did not need surgery for the bunion on my foot. He showed me my x-rays and noted arthritis was the culprit of pain I was having and he advised me to wear better shoes to help with both problems. I took his advise and bought shoes he recommended. I have had improvement not only in my feet but in my knees. I would highly recommend Dr Smoot.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?
Dr Smoot, I enjoyed our consult. No change to foot pain--single point, occational, sometimes persistant, stabbing pain. Could electro-cauterizing that point to kill the surface nerve endings be a solution? Hal Mettes Kloeckner Metals 512-825-1505
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smoot, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Smoot?