Dr. John Smoot, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. John Smoot, MD
Dr. John Smoot, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Smoot is affiliated with Seton Northwest Hospital and Arise Austin Medical Center.

Dr. Smoot's Experience

See how Dr. Smoot's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Smoot

Dr. Smoot accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Smoot is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Smoot has admitting privileges.

Dr. Smoot's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smoot to family and friends
    3.7
    Dr. Smoot's Performance
    in Austin, TX |
    He's always listened well to me and my wife about our various issues and provided great care.
    in San Antonio, Texas |
    Very likely to recommend Dr. Smoot to a friend or family member. I travel from San Antonio because I believe Dr. Smoot and his staff are the best. He not only is blessed to be a great surgeon but has excellent bedside manners.
    in San Marcos, TX |
    I am very thankful that I found Tx. Orthopedics. They have tooken great care of me, and have come through with the promises that they gave me on my surgeries. When Dr. Smoot asked me to trust him it was hard for me because I don't trust just anybody especially a surgeon cutting into my body. But after discussing the surgeries with him I realized he's not just an ordinary surgeon. I felt like he understood where I was coming from. And When I saw that, he won my trust. They've made me better.
    Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Dr. Smoot.
    in Round Rock, TX |
    I'm bone on bone in my right knee. However, since I have some lower back nerve damage I have reduced sensitivity in my right leg. The knee is stiff but not in pain so I do not require pain meds or Advil. Dr. Smoot is not recommending surgery but is treating me with injections to reduce the stiffness. I like that he is taking a less invasive approach to help with my problem. Wife wife had both knees replaced by Dr Smoot and we extremely happy with the results. I would highly recommend him.
    Round Rock, TX |
    He performed surgery on my toe due to bone spurs but it has never recovered and the surgery was 9/17/15. Before surgery he promised me 60-80% improvement after the surgery. It is worse than before. I discussed this with him and he said it doesn't' always work on everyone. ..I am not one who sends in reviews. However, this surgery and its unsatisfying results have resulted in issues for my opposite leg and foot because the body overcompensates. I am in extreme pain; Believe me, don't do it!
    Texas Orthopedics and Dr. Smoot strive to provide the best care possible and we are sorry to hear you were not pleased with your surgery results. We understand many factors can go into this; however, we are unable to comment on your care online due to federal privacy laws. You may reach out to our office at 512-439-1000 to discuss your care further.
    in Austin, TX |
    I suffered from post-traumatic osteoarthritis of the ankle. I have a background in allied healthcare and E very single person I asked within the healthcare field highly recommend Dr. Smoot. He is empathetic, funny, and definitely patient oriented and surrounds himself with a staff that is unsurpassed with those same qualities. All questions and needs are addressed promptly. I highly recommend him and would not hesitate for a heartbeat to seek his help again should the need arise.
    in Austin, tx |
    Dr Smoot performed knee surgery on me a few years ago. Initially my scars were large, as my knee was hugely swollen. A few years later and you literally can not find my scars! Amazing and super nice!
    in Austin, TX |
    I was recommended to Dr Smoot because after 8 weeks in a walking cast I was still experiencing extreme pain when I tried to walk. Dr Smoot was very attentive as I described the situation of what I had been experiencing and previous treatment. He told me his plan of action and answered my questions. When the pain flared up again right before a vacation, Dr Smoot got me in right a way and scheduled the shot later that day so I could enjoy my vacation. I would highly recommend him.
    Have you seen Dr. John Smoot, MD?

Dr. Smoot's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

Dr. Smoot has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Smoot's Board Certifications

Graduated in 1993

University of Oklahoma / Health Sciences Center
      Knee, Foot and Ankle Surgery, Sydney, Australia
      Rice U

Dr. Smoot does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smoot and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine