Dr. John Smolowe, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 72

Dr. Smolowe

Gestalt Association

200 Middlefield Rd Ste 100 Menlo Park, CA 94025

Dr. John Smolowe, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Menlo Park, CA and has been practicing for 43 years. He graduated from Yale University in 1972 and specializes in psychiatry.

At a glance

• Low wait times . Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy . Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Smolowe accepts

Dr. Smolowe accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Select PPO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Smolowe's experience treating your condition or procedure

4.5

Dr. Smolowe?
Dr. Smolowe's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Smolowe, MD
When I think of Dr. Smolowe, the following words come to mind: humor, compassion, wisdom, brilliant, whimsical. John has helped me navigate many life challenges and transitions, with career, family, marriage, and parenting. My work with Dr. Smolowe has been transformational- giving me greater self awareness and teaching me tactical skills. I am deeply grateful for all his support over the years. It is rare to find someone with John’s character, ethics, values, and kindness. I know I can count on John always being on my side, yet he also helps point out blind spots. It is rare to find a psychiatrist so knowledgeable on medications and the latest research and that is an amazing talk therapist. Dr. Smolowe gets my highest possible recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smolowe, MD?
John Smolowe is a rare and wise therapist. If you are fortunate enough to work with him you will find your life turning around in subtle yet profound and meaningful ways. I have seen several therapist in my life and John is by far the best of the best. He is profoundly skillful. I recommend him to anyone seeking an experienced mature true therapist. If only every therapist was as compassionate and professional. John has been in practice and teaching/mentoring at Stanford for many years. He is a superbly wise and experienced psychiatrist among the few psychiatrists who actually provide therapy rather than just prescribing drugs. He can do that also, prescribe medication, but in the context of healing, deeply healing, real therapy. You don't just come and blah blah blah with John, you heal.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smolowe, MD?
There is no problem too big or too small for Dr. Smolowe. John listens actively to my anxieties, desires and joys and always helps me feel more comfortable in my own skin. I can tell him anything with confidence that I will be treated with respect and sincerity. John is a role model for a balanced, creative and happy life. I feel lucky to have him as my therapist and recommend him highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Smolowe, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Smolowe?

• Psychiatry