Dr. John Small, MD

Dr. John Small, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Male
Dr. John Small, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Temple Terrace, FL and has been practicing for 22 years. He graduated from University of Nebraska / College of Medicine in 1990 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic spine surgery.

13020 N Telecom Pkwy

Temple Terrace, FL 33637

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource

Learn about Dr. Small

See how frequently Dr. Small performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Scoliosis
Spinal Fusion
Spinal Stenosis

Dr. Small's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Small "Dr. Small provides nonsurgical and surgical expert care to ensure each patient receives individualized treatment. He specializes in spine surgery."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

• Site Director, University of South Florida, University Community Hospital Carrollwood, Spine Rotation, 2008
  • Affliate Assistant Professor, University of South Florida, Department of Orthopaedics, 2008
  • Clinical Assistant Professor, University of South Florida, Department of Orthopaedics, 2005

Dr. Small has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Small does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Small and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Small's Reviews

3.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Small to family and friends

Dr. Small's Performance

GOOD

I have been a patient of Dr. Small since 2003. He is very professional and knowledgeable. He is an expert in spinal cord surgery and I trust him 100%. I work at a doctor's office and we have some patients that have gotten back surgery with him and they all refer to him as an eminence in the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for the kind words about Dr. Small. He is in the office three days each week and does have a PA and Nurse Practitioner working alongside him. We will happily share this with he and his team.

I've tried to make an appointment since December when my insurance finally kicked in. After waiting 3 long mo, his nurse called me 2 hrs prior to my appointment to cancel it and let me know that his next availability is in July, so I had to see the NP instead. Two weeks prior my appointment with...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

We are very sorry to hear that you've had to wait so long for an appointment and that you've had cancellations after you've waited all this time. We do have a team of 5 specialty trained, spine surgeons that will be happy to see you as an alternate option so you do not have to wait for another appointment with Dr. Small. Thank you for sharing your experience with us so we can look further into this.

Dr. John Small and staff provided expert care and clinical management of a ruptured disc and later fusion. Full recovery is in process and the back stability has made a difference in quality of life and return to full function. After we worked out entry into a system during an emergency we could...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I saw Dr. Small for spondylitis. My pain would only aoow me to sit 2-5 min,.I had a large numb area on the outside of my leg and burning at both ankles. Back surgery was done to place rods an a cage. It has been 31/2 months and I am 100% pain free.. I am up to walking 6 miles 4-5 times a week. Dr....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
This surgeon is the best. I had Cerivcal [ACDF...C5] fusion for pain and numbness at neck, right shoulder and arm 2 years ago.....and have no pain or numbness at all since the second day post-op. He is thorough and precise in exam and surgical expertise. He is well known in his field and is...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option7thumbs down icon option0

Thank you Dr. Garrett! We appreciate your kind review and have shared it with Dr. Small. We are happy to hear that you are pain-free, thank you for choosing Florida Orthopaedic Institute for your care.