Dr. John Sistrunk, MD

Dr. John Sistrunk, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  ·
Dr. John Sistrunk, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Jackson, MS and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med in 1995 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.Read his story

971 Lakeland Dr Ste 353

Jackson, MS 39216

• Golden Rule
  • HealthPartners
  • Mississippi Health Partners

Learn about Dr. Sistrunk

See how frequently Dr. Sistrunk performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Abnormal Thyroid
Thyroid Cancer

Dr. Sistrunk's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Sistrunk's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Sistrunk "John Woody Sistrunk, MD – Bio as of 04/06/2016 John Woody Sistrunk, M.D. is an endocrinologist/ thyroidologist in Jackson, Mississippi. His practice, Jackson Thyroid & Endocrine Clinic, is a full service thyroid clinic including on-site CLIA-Certified lab, thyroid ultrasound/FNA biopsy, on-site cytology for adequacy, and thyroid nuclear medicine. He is active in the American Thyroid Association (ATA) having served as the past chair of the History and Archives Committee. He has also served on the faculty for the E. Chester Ridgway Trainee Conference as part of the ATA Annual Meeting. He is an active member in the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE), currently serving as the chair of the AACE Endocrine Certification in Neck Ultrasound (ECNU) certification committee and as a member of the AACE Thyroid Scientific Committee. He is also a charter member and current president of the Academy of Clinical Thyroidologists (ACT). He is currently serving as the President of the Mississippi Society of Nuclear Medicine, the first endocrinologist to serve in this capacity. He also is presently serving on the National Cancer Institute's Head and Neck Rare Tumor Task Force. "

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Ultrasound
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy
  • Ultrasound-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

• University Of Mississippi
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1991
  • Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Sistrunk has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sistrunk does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sistrunk and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sistrunk's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sistrunk to family and friends

Dr. Sistrunk's Performance

Very thorough and very patient. Pinpointed what was wrong with me and helped me throughout my thyroid and parathyroid surgery.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
had very good appointments with dr. sistrunk after 3 visits. he has recommended I see a surgeon and I will be putting my trust in the doctor that he has recommended for me to see.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I was very skeptical to see Dr. Sistrunk with my 13 y.o daughter. Dr. Sistrunk not only erased our fears, answered all my questions ,but he also spoke to my daughter as the patient . Dr. Sistrunk was very professional and reassured my daughter he would help her feel better. I am so grateful for a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
We are very lucky to have a Mayo clinic graduate in our home state.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
My appointment with Dr. Sistrunk was a complete waste of time and money. I felt like he didn't take me seriously and was uninterested in what I had to say. I don't appreciate the way he belittled me and passed judgment on me for taking diet pills. He wanted to do nothing but attribute all of my...more
Are you Dr. Sistrunk?