Dr. John Simpson, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 62

Dr. Simpson

Tuckahoe Orthopaedics Assoc.

1501 Maple Ave Ste 200 Richmond, VA 23226

Dr. John Simpson, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Richmond, VA. He graduated from University Of Toledo College Of Medicine and specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Simpson accepts

Dr. Simpson accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
HealthKeepers
Medicaid
Optima Health
Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care)
Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care) HMO
Tricare
Virginia Health Network

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Simpson's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Simpson's Top Procedures and Conditions

Chronic Neck Pain

Dr. Simpson treats Chronic Neck Pain more than 100% of his peers

Cervical Spine Myelopathy

Dr. Simpson treats Cervical Spine Myelopathy more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Simpson treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Simpson treats Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Simpson treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Sciatica as Seen in Rheumatoid Arthritis

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty

34.48275862068966%

Dr. Simpson?
Dr. Simpson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Simpson, MD
Dr. Simpson recently performed a spinal fusion for me on an emergency basis. At my initial consult, arranged by another doctor within the Tuckahoe group, he recognized the serious nature of my problem and arranged for surgery the following day. Currently two months into my recovery, the surgery appears to be successful. Follow up with the group has been thorough and all questions and long term concerns have been well addressed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Simpson, MD?
Dr. Simpson Is the very BEST Orthopedic Surgeon in Virginia. He is very honest and straight forward. Highly intelligent, skilled and professional. I highly recommend him to anyone needing Lumbar or Cerical Surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Simpson, MD?
Dr. Simpson provided me with a second opinion. And that opinion was that I needed an anterior cervical discectomy followed by fusion. I argued for an artificial disc. He argued that artificial discs were no better and stated that " he has never seen a patient require revision surgery after cervical fusion". Well I require revision surgery a year after his fusion. I will either have to have fusion or an artificial disc that Michael "doesn't believe in". He is a dinosaur. Move onl!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Simpson, MD?
Dr. Simpson has performed 3 fusions on me and he did a fabulous job! I would recommend him to anyone. Since all surgeries have risks, I respect that he only suggests surgery as a last resort. He would rather start with non surgical options to relieve your pain, losing weight, physical therapy, cortisone shots. If you want a knife happy doctor go somewhere else. In my experience Dr. Simpson is not going to perform surgery unless he has high confidence that it will make you better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Simpson, MD?
What a mistake! If you like being treated by a RUDE professional jerk...He's your man! I understand my back pain as I have had it for years, I've had MRI"s both cervical and lumbar and countless appt's with other Doctors, (Ortho & Neuro) I went to see this so called really good Doctor. I understand that down playing a pts back pain is normal for Doctors so we don't get depressed but WOW! TOTAL DISREGARD is unacceptable! We all make choices. Don't choose DISRERSECT! JERK is a kind word!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Simpson, MD?
Professional, sincere and wonderfull practician. If you like “politician” surgeons chose a different one. I am a technical person with not a lot of time for talks. He is what I expected in a very good doctor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Simpson, MD?
After his PA did x-rays and ordered a triple MRI of my back because she was so concerned, he basically blew me off and made me feel like it was my own fault. He was rude, pompous and dismissive. He told me to get more exercise. Maybe he thought I needed to lose more weight, although my primary care doctor is very happy with my weight.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Simpson, MD?
My case was scoliosis. He had to perform three surgeries, each attempting to correct errors from previous surgeries. He permanently damaged my spine. Each time another Doctor had to order MRI because he refused to listen. Ended my having to go to out of state Doctor to correct his errors as much as possible; however, the one area still permanently damaged. I do not believe in sueing is only reason he was not sued big-time by me. Would never recommend such a self-centered, cold, could care less,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Simpson, MD?
I have had many experiences with doctors over my years, but I have never had a doctor/surgeon as great as Dr. Simpson. I did research on him before I selected him as an ortho doc and found him very qualified. Personality, connection, knowledge, ability to articulate so that I could understand all matter greatly to me, and he passed all with flying colors. He explained options to me and made his suggestion. Everything else is history and all went by with flying colors!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Simpson, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Simpson with no reservation, whatsoever. I consider Dr. Simpson to be an outstanding physician in his area of expertise, spinal surgery. Dr. Simpson has gone over and above all reasonable expectations in assisting me with my spinal issues. It is my perception that Dr. Simpson is sincerely vested in the welfare of his patients. He is without a doubt the finest physician I have ever had in my entire life. I give him an A+ in every area. His entire staff are excellent as well
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Simpson, MD?
Dr.Simpson came highly recommended from other men at work. The more research I did about him, the confident I was about having him do my surgery. Dr. Simpson was absolutely fantastic. All the I'S were dotted and the T'S crossed. His communication was excellent, bedside manner was very considerater, and of course the surgery went well without complication and MINIMAL pain. Another impressive point was that his staff is just as courteous and kind as he is. This group is really a TEAM.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Simpson, MD?
I have been having problems with my lower back for 6 years. Went to see Dr. Simpson as he was referred to me after being admitted overnight in the ER because of my back pain, and urinary incomtinence. He told me that while my S1 was degenerating, it may or may not be the causing my back pain and that I needed to loose weight and to stop making a mountain out of a mole hill as far as my pain was concerned. Needless to say, I'll be getting a second opinion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Simpson, MD?
This was my first visit and this Dr. was so rude I couldn't believe it!!!! I have never in my life met any Dr. that was so RUDE! Run away from him I had to wait over 2 hours they kept calling everyone but me. Then he joked about my age told me my weight was the cause of all my problems and then cut me off when I was asking him a question and told me I was rude and left the room!!!!! Unbelievable!!! I have to drive an hour and forty five minutes in horrible pain to sit and be degraded. Very sad !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Simpson, MD?
He will NOT listen to a word you say! He'll assume a lot, say gibberish, and then be confused when you try to explain your medical condition if he's never heard of it. Worse, he'll interrupt you and say he does know about it, then he'll later say he doesn't understand something. He won't listen though. He was very rude, disrespectful, and arrogant! TWO HOUR WAIT TOO!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Simpson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Simpson?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Simpson treats patients.