Dr. John Sherman, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 68

Dr. Sherman

John E Sherman MD PC

1016 5th Ave New York, NY 10028

Dr. John Sherman, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 39 years. He graduated from New York Medical College in 1975 and specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery.

Dr. Sherman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sherman

4.5

Dr. Sherman?
Dr. Sherman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Sherman, MD
When I broke my nose on a weekend, Dr. Sherman fit me in to see him the next day. I started a new job in 2 weeks and wanted to have surgery as soon as possible. He fit me in the next day. His whole team was wonderful and I felt in great hands. His facilities in his office are superb. When he took my cast off a week later, I could not have been happier with the result. He spent a lot of time speaking with me before and after surgery and at each subsequent appointment. I am one week post-op and its hard to tell I even had an operation. Would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. Sherman informed me of my choices and options for removing my textured reconstructive implants promptly and thoroughly. With his guidance and expertise, I made the choice that was right for me in addition to a obtaining a wonderful cosmetic result. His staff is attentive and professional as well. Would highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
He is one of the most experienced, qualified, compassionate and outstanding physicians. I would trust him with any surgical procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. Sherman did an amazing job on several deep lacerations to my forehead after a terrible escalator accident. His professional and skilled manner is truly calming after such an incident . It has only been a couple of months and the wounds are healing remarkably well and pleased with the outcome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
The initial stitching (done elsewhere) on our son's arm didn't heal properly. Dr. S was excellent in explaining our options; we went with debriding followed by a skin graft. Throughout, Dr. S and his staff were excellent -- pleasant, knowledgeable, professional & comforting. They followed up on our son's progress and went above and beyond to accommodate us (including Dr. S's willingness to adjust his schedule to do needed surgery). We couldn't be happier with the office and Dr. S's work.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
He was very patient, personable, and did a great job with my daughter. I would highly recommend him to others!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. Sherman and Nurse Jennifer are beyond helpful in every aspect. My little one felt off a bike and got stitches there and Dr. Sherman and Nurse Jennifer made the entire process as smooth and painless as possible. Amazing people. They now even became my LO's favorite friends!!! Love their professionalism and positive energy!!! Two thumbs up!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. John Sherman is a fabulous job stitching up a laceration on my daughter's face. He was so nice. He met us at the emergency room, arranging it so we wouldn't have to wait at all, and did a beautiful job - quick and neat. You can barely see it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
I was weary about having to pay for the consultation but it was all worth it. Dr Sherman was my second surgeon for my ears. The first surgeon did absolutely nothing for me and I waited a long time to fix, but I’m so incredibly thrilled with the results. I’ve wanted this done my whole life and i can’t believe it’s finally done. I can wear my hair any way I want now! I don’t have to worry about minimizing my ears somehow. Worth every penny
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. Sherman is a consummate professional who approaches his work with artistry and care; treats his patients as unique human beings and strives to satisfy their individual needs. Your time with him never feels rushed, Procedures and issues are fully explained. . And his work is truly exceptional!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
awful - had Rhinoplasty with Dr Sherman - post surgery I complained of an awful Smell in my nose I wasnt happy with the shape and He basically dismissed my concerns - here i am two years later having to fix his BOTCHED job! DO not go to him for a NEW nose - First tell tale sign was no one was in waiting room- a real Doctor would be busy - BUYER BEWARE!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Sherman to anyone who is seeking plastic surgery. He was a pleasure to speak with upon first meeting him and each visit thereafter was even better, followed with some laughs. He performed an explant and a breast lift on me, and I am only one week out of surgery and I could not be happier!! I literally cannot! His staff was so nice to me, and super helpful. If I called the office for anything, even on their day off (I spoke to Doctor Sherman within minutes).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
I went in for Liposuction on the hips and chest. Dr. Sherman is very technical and efficient, ant the team around him warm and welcoming. I felt safe and in good hands throughout the (awake parts) of the procedure, and the practice continued to check up on me even after. Two months in, the results exceed anything I had expected, and I am unequivocally satisfied with the decision to go for the procedure and having gone to Dr. Sherman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
My husband fell on a spike that went right through his cheek, slicing into his mouth. Dr. Sherman came to the hospital at night and repaired his cheek during a 2 hour surgery. It was a perfect job. Two weeks later his scar is a narrow (hair's breadth) clean line. Dr. Sherman saved vital nerves. He is absolutely brilliant! Subsequent care has been speedy and excellent. He kept an accident from being a tragedy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Couldn't of been happier with my otoplasty surgery. My ears protruding out we're something that always bothered me for as long as I could remember. He's very consultative and made me feel very comfortable speaking about an area I struggled with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
I seriously owe everything to this man. Two years ago, I was bitten in the face by a dog. Dr. Sherman came to the hospital at 12 midnight (on a holiday) and was AMAZING. I have virtually no scar! I have had to have three reconstructive surgeries on my nose (it was broken really badly). Each have been done by Dr. Sherman, and I now look like nothing has happened. I'm an actor, so I wouldn't have a career without this man.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Extremely satisfied with results of over 30 years. Dr Sherman is a professional who listens to the patients concerns and then carefully explains what the best procedures would be to achieve their goals. The staff from first appointments, into the operating room, post surgery and folliw up visits are always calm and caring. This office under Dr Sherman's expertise is well run and sets an atmosphere of trust that is conducive to making informed surgical choices.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
I have had 3 procedures done by Dr Sherman & I could not be happier with my results. Dr Sherman explains everything, no pressure whatsoever to go forward. His staff, especially Diana, are competent, caring & professional, just like Dr. Sherman. I will highly recommend Dr Sherman
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
What an excellent surgeon. Totally invested in the best outcome for his patient as well as being very kind and thorough. He's highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. Sherman is a physician who truly cares about his patients and goes the extra mile for them. This, in addition to his outstanding surgical skills, makes him a physician I am so grateful to have found and highly, highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sherman?

Dr. John E. Sherman is one of the most experienced plastic surgeons in New York. Over the past 35 years, he has performed thousands of operations, emphasizing cosmetic surgery, facial rejuvenation, and body contouring. He has been consistently recogn...

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

1978
1976
1975

Dr. Sherman accepts

Dr. Sherman accepts the following insurance:

EmblemHealth

• Breast Reconstruction
  • Breast Reduction
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Cleft Palate Repair (Palatoplasty)
  • Deformities of Auricle or Pinna
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Facelift
  • Skin Grafts
  • Small Chin
  • Venous Sclerotherapy
  • Wound Repair

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Sherman treats patients.