Dr. John Sherman, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 70

Dr. Sherman

John E Sherman MD PC

1016 5TH AVE New York, NY 10028

Dr. John Sherman, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in New York, NY. He is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sherman to book an appointment.

Compare with other Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Sherman with our nearby Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.

Make an appointment at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center today at (212) 235-1531.

These providers are on the medical staff of NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.

Dr. Sherman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sherman

4.5

Dr. Sherman?
  • Office environment (50)
  • Appointment scheduling (48)
  • Staff friendliness (48)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
  • Appointment was rushed (5)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (5)
I recently had upper and lower Blepharoplasty with Dr. John Sherman and I am very pleased with my results. Dr. Sherman listened to my concerns, and was very honest and realistic about what I could expect. His skill and experience is second to none and his calm and friendly demeanor was much appreciated! He is conservative in his approach which was very important to me. I highly recommend Dr. Sherman! Thank you Dr. Sherman!
Antonia S – Jun 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr Sherman performed otoplasty on my 18 year old daughter 11/20 and we cannot be happier. The entire experience from the consultations, planning and financing with Jenny, the surgery and the follow up has been stellar. My daughter was self conscious about her ears sticking out and she was finally ready to get the surgery. Dr. Sherman and staff made her feel safe and taken care of throughout the entire process. She had the surgery on Dr. Sherman's birthday and he still called us that night to check up on her. We are thrilled with the outcome and the experience.
Lara, NY – Feb 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
I cannot possibly put into words how positive my experience has been with Dr. Sherman and his staff from start to finish. It was clear from my first meeting with him just how much of an expert and professional he was - I felt completely comfortable and relaxed from start to finish while he assessed my nose, and brought up a number of structural things I had never been aware of previously (and that no other doctor had mentioned). The surgery itself went beautifully, and I could notice how much of an improvement was made all around even on Day 1. I am so excited by how everything is healing and looking and couldn't be more thrilled with my nose both aesthetically and structurally - it truly is a work of art. Dr. Sherman is truly the best surgeon I could've asked for and am SO grateful for him and his incredibly kind staff for getting me through the entire process seamlessly.
Julianne – Dec 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. Sherman is the definition of the industry's most noted consummate professional. With over 35 years of experience, I felt incredibly comfortable with him handling my highly complex rhinoplasty and septoplasty. From the moment I entered his beautifully appointed office, steps away from New York's iconic Metropolitan Museum of Art off Fifth Avenue, his staff made me feel like my comfort was their upmost priority. Dr. Sherman was wildly communicative - taking my calls at 6:00AM and even making a special trip to the office on a weekend when I had questions. From their state of the art, accredited surgical ensuite to Dr. Sherman's personalized after-care I would refuse to see any other plastic surgeon in the city. His impressive resume and long list of celebrity clientele is no simple coincidence - it's backed by his decades of experience and impeccable dedication to detail.
Tyler Mount – Jul 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
I was treated by Dr Sherman in the ER for a facial laceration and had a follow up at his office. He was very professional and the office experience was exceptional. Dr Sherman’s staff was pleasant and his office was immaculate. The work performed on my wound was incredible. Dr Sherman’s experience shows as my injury, which was a jagged cut and required 13 stitches, is barely noticeable, now. I am forever grateful to him and would highly recommend him.
Shaun Garrett – Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Caring doctor who took the time on a Sunday evening to come to the emergency room and check my cheek and eye injuries. Very impressive. Surgery the next day went well. Follow up care has been excellent. Colleagues have been very impressed with his work.
New York, NY – Dec 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
When I broke my nose on a weekend, Dr. Sherman fit me in to see him the next day. I started a new job in 2 weeks and wanted to have surgery as soon as possible. He fit me in the next day. His whole team was wonderful and I felt in great hands. His facilities in his office are superb. When he took my cast off a week later, I could not have been happier with the result. He spent a lot of time speaking with me before and after surgery and at each subsequent appointment. I am one week post-op and its hard to tell I even had an operation. Would recommend him to anyone.
New York, NY – Jun 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. Sherman informed me of my choices and options for removing my textured reconstructive implants promptly and thoroughly. With his guidance and expertise, I made the choice that was right for me in addition to a obtaining a wonderful cosmetic result. His staff is attentive and professional as well. Would highly recommend.
Apr 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
He is one of the most experienced, qualified, compassionate and outstanding physicians. I would trust him with any surgical procedure.
R Lane in Tampa, FL – Dec 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. Sherman did an amazing job on several deep lacerations to my forehead after a terrible escalator accident. His professional and skilled manner is truly calming after such an incident . It has only been a couple of months and the wounds are healing remarkably well and pleased with the outcome.
New York – Dec 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
The initial stitching (done elsewhere) on our son's arm didn't heal properly. Dr. S was excellent in explaining our options; we went with debriding followed by a skin graft. Throughout, Dr. S and his staff were excellent -- pleasant, knowledgeable, professional & comforting. They followed up on our son's progress and went above and beyond to accommodate us (including Dr. S's willingness to adjust his schedule to do needed surgery). We couldn't be happier with the office and Dr. S's work.
A. Simpson in New York, NY – Jun 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
He was very patient, personable, and did a great job with my daughter. I would highly recommend him to others!
AmyH in New York – May 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. Sherman and Nurse Jennifer are beyond helpful in every aspect. My little one felt off a bike and got stitches there and Dr. Sherman and Nurse Jennifer made the entire process as smooth and painless as possible. Amazing people. They now even became my LO's favorite friends!!! Love their professionalism and positive energy!!! Two thumbs up!!!
New York NY – May 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. John Sherman is a fabulous job stitching up a laceration on my daughter's face. He was so nice. He met us at the emergency room, arranging it so we wouldn't have to wait at all, and did a beautiful job - quick and neat. You can barely see it.
NYC – Mar 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
I was weary about having to pay for the consultation but it was all worth it. Dr Sherman was my second surgeon for my ears. The first surgeon did absolutely nothing for me and I waited a long time to fix, but I’m so incredibly thrilled with the results. I’ve wanted this done my whole life and i can’t believe it’s finally done. I can wear my hair any way I want now! I don’t have to worry about minimizing my ears somehow. Worth every penny
New York City – Jan 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. Sherman is a consummate professional who approaches his work with artistry and care; treats his patients as unique human beings and strives to satisfy their individual needs. Your time with him never feels rushed, Procedures and issues are fully explained. . And his work is truly exceptional!
Dec 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
awful - had Rhinoplasty with Dr Sherman - post surgery I complained of an awful Smell in my nose I wasnt happy with the shape and He basically dismissed my concerns - here i am two years later having to fix his BOTCHED job! DO not go to him for a NEW nose - First tell tale sign was no one was in waiting room- a real Doctor would be busy - BUYER BEWARE!!!!
Greenwich, CT – Oct 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Sherman to anyone who is seeking plastic surgery. He was a pleasure to speak with upon first meeting him and each visit thereafter was even better, followed with some laughs. He performed an explant and a breast lift on me, and I am only one week out of surgery and I could not be happier!! I literally cannot! His staff was so nice to me, and super helpful. If I called the office for anything, even on their day off (I spoke to Doctor Sherman within minutes).
Melissa in Staten Island, NY – Sep 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
I went in for Liposuction on the hips and chest. Dr. Sherman is very technical and efficient, ant the team around him warm and welcoming. I felt safe and in good hands throughout the (awake parts) of the procedure, and the practice continued to check up on me even after. Two months in, the results exceed anything I had expected, and I am unequivocally satisfied with the decision to go for the procedure and having gone to Dr. Sherman.
New York, NY – Aug 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
My husband fell on a spike that went right through his cheek, slicing into his mouth. Dr. Sherman came to the hospital at night and repaired his cheek during a 2 hour surgery. It was a perfect job. Two weeks later his scar is a narrow (hair's breadth) clean line. Dr. Sherman saved vital nerves. He is absolutely brilliant! Subsequent care has been speedy and excellent. He kept an accident from being a tragedy.
June Nislick in New York, NY – Jul 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sherman?

Dr. John E. Sherman is one of the most experienced plastic surgeons in New York. Over the past 35 years, he has performed thousands of operations, emphasizing...Read more

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery