Dr. John Sherman, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery •  Male • Age 69

Dr. Sherman

John E Sherman MD PC

1016 5TH AVE New York, NY 10028

Dr. John Sherman, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in New York, NY. He is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sherman to book an appointment.

Dr. Sherman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sherman

4.5

Dr. Sherman?
What People Say About Dr. John Sherman, MD
I was treated by Dr Sherman in the ER for a facial laceration and had a follow up at his office. He was very professional and the office experience was exceptional. Dr Sherman’s staff was pleasant and his office was immaculate. The work performed on my wound was incredible. Dr Sherman’s experience shows as my injury, which was a jagged cut and required 13 stitches, is barely noticeable, now. I am forever grateful to him and would highly recommend him.
Shaun Garrett – Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Caring doctor who took the time on a Sunday evening to come to the emergency room and check my cheek and eye injuries. Very impressive. Surgery the next day went well. Follow up care has been excellent. Colleagues have been very impressed with his work.
New York, NY – Dec 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
When I broke my nose on a weekend, Dr. Sherman fit me in to see him the next day. I started a new job in 2 weeks and wanted to have surgery as soon as possible. He fit me in the next day. His whole team was wonderful and I felt in great hands. His facilities in his office are superb. When he took my cast off a week later, I could not have been happier with the result. He spent a lot of time speaking with me before and after surgery and at each subsequent appointment. I am one week post-op and its hard to tell I even had an operation. Would recommend him to anyone.
New York, NY – Jun 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. Sherman informed me of my choices and options for removing my textured reconstructive implants promptly and thoroughly. With his guidance and expertise, I made the choice that was right for me in addition to a obtaining a wonderful cosmetic result. His staff is attentive and professional as well. Would highly recommend.
Apr 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
He is one of the most experienced, qualified, compassionate and outstanding physicians. I would trust him with any surgical procedure.
R Lane in Tampa, FL – Dec 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. Sherman did an amazing job on several deep lacerations to my forehead after a terrible escalator accident. His professional and skilled manner is truly calming after such an incident . It has only been a couple of months and the wounds are healing remarkably well and pleased with the outcome.
New York – Dec 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
The initial stitching (done elsewhere) on our son's arm didn't heal properly. Dr. S was excellent in explaining our options; we went with debriding followed by a skin graft. Throughout, Dr. S and his staff were excellent -- pleasant, knowledgeable, professional & comforting. They followed up on our son's progress and went above and beyond to accommodate us (including Dr. S's willingness to adjust his schedule to do needed surgery). We couldn't be happier with the office and Dr. S's work.
A. Simpson in New York, NY – Jun 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
He was very patient, personable, and did a great job with my daughter. I would highly recommend him to others!
AmyH in New York – May 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. Sherman and Nurse Jennifer are beyond helpful in every aspect. My little one felt off a bike and got stitches there and Dr. Sherman and Nurse Jennifer made the entire process as smooth and painless as possible. Amazing people. They now even became my LO's favorite friends!!! Love their professionalism and positive energy!!! Two thumbs up!!!
New York NY – May 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. John Sherman is a fabulous job stitching up a laceration on my daughter's face. He was so nice. He met us at the emergency room, arranging it so we wouldn't have to wait at all, and did a beautiful job - quick and neat. You can barely see it.
NYC – Mar 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
I was weary about having to pay for the consultation but it was all worth it. Dr Sherman was my second surgeon for my ears. The first surgeon did absolutely nothing for me and I waited a long time to fix, but I’m so incredibly thrilled with the results. I’ve wanted this done my whole life and i can’t believe it’s finally done. I can wear my hair any way I want now! I don’t have to worry about minimizing my ears somehow. Worth every penny
New York City – Jan 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Dr. Sherman is a consummate professional who approaches his work with artistry and care; treats his patients as unique human beings and strives to satisfy their individual needs. Your time with him never feels rushed, Procedures and issues are fully explained. . And his work is truly exceptional!
Dec 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
awful - had Rhinoplasty with Dr Sherman - post surgery I complained of an awful Smell in my nose I wasnt happy with the shape and He basically dismissed my concerns - here i am two years later having to fix his BOTCHED job! DO not go to him for a NEW nose - First tell tale sign was no one was in waiting room- a real Doctor would be busy - BUYER BEWARE!!!!
Greenwich, CT – Oct 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Sherman to anyone who is seeking plastic surgery. He was a pleasure to speak with upon first meeting him and each visit thereafter was even better, followed with some laughs. He performed an explant and a breast lift on me, and I am only one week out of surgery and I could not be happier!! I literally cannot! His staff was so nice to me, and super helpful. If I called the office for anything, even on their day off (I spoke to Doctor Sherman within minutes).
Melissa in Staten Island, NY – Sep 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
I went in for Liposuction on the hips and chest. Dr. Sherman is very technical and efficient, ant the team around him warm and welcoming. I felt safe and in good hands throughout the (awake parts) of the procedure, and the practice continued to check up on me even after. Two months in, the results exceed anything I had expected, and I am unequivocally satisfied with the decision to go for the procedure and having gone to Dr. Sherman.
New York, NY – Aug 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
My husband fell on a spike that went right through his cheek, slicing into his mouth. Dr. Sherman came to the hospital at night and repaired his cheek during a 2 hour surgery. It was a perfect job. Two weeks later his scar is a narrow (hair's breadth) clean line. Dr. Sherman saved vital nerves. He is absolutely brilliant! Subsequent care has been speedy and excellent. He kept an accident from being a tragedy.
June Nislick in New York, NY – Jul 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Couldn't of been happier with my otoplasty surgery. My ears protruding out we're something that always bothered me for as long as I could remember. He's very consultative and made me feel very comfortable speaking about an area I struggled with.
Jeremy in Valley Stream, NY – Jul 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
I seriously owe everything to this man. Two years ago, I was bitten in the face by a dog. Dr. Sherman came to the hospital at 12 midnight (on a holiday) and was AMAZING. I have virtually no scar! I have had to have three reconstructive surgeries on my nose (it was broken really badly). Each have been done by Dr. Sherman, and I now look like nothing has happened. I'm an actor, so I wouldn't have a career without this man.
Synthia in New York, NY – Jun 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
Extremely satisfied with results of over 30 years. Dr Sherman is a professional who listens to the patients concerns and then carefully explains what the best procedures would be to achieve their goals. The staff from first appointments, into the operating room, post surgery and folliw up visits are always calm and caring. This office under Dr Sherman's expertise is well run and sets an atmosphere of trust that is conducive to making informed surgical choices.
New York, NY – May 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?
I have had 3 procedures done by Dr Sherman & I could not be happier with my results. Dr Sherman explains everything, no pressure whatsoever to go forward. His staff, especially Diana, are competent, caring & professional, just like Dr. Sherman. I will highly recommend Dr Sherman
RobinD in NYC, NY – May 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Sherman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sherman?

Dr. John E. Sherman is one of the most experienced plastic surgeons in New York. Over the past 35 years, he has performed thousands of operations, emphasizing cosmetic surgery, facial rejuvenation, and body contouring. He has been consistently recogn...

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery