Dr. John Shekleton, MD

Dr. John Shekleton, MD

Gastroenterology  ·

Dr. John Shekleton, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Frankfort, KY and has been practicing for 27 years. He specializes in gastroenterology.

Learn about Dr. Shekleton

See how frequently Dr. Shekleton performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Unexplained Weight Loss
Dysphagia
Diarrhea

Dr. Shekleton's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Shekleton "I'm committed to delivering the highest quality patient care by providing compassionate care in all areas of prevention, wellness and treatment of illness and disease."

• Gastroenterology

• Gastroenterology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• St Louis University
  • St Johns Mercy Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Tulane University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Shekleton has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shekleton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shekleton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Frankfort Regional Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Shekleton is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View awards

Dr. Shekleton's Reviews

3.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shekleton to family and friends

Dr. Shekleton's Performance

GOOD

I'm sorry to say, this man should not be a doctor. He is hard to talk to. So intimidating and seems so unconcerned with his patient. When people come to you, they are sick, they need your help. I'm disappointed to say that I never received anby help from this man after several visits. It's very sad...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

We are so sorry to hear of your experience. Customer service is very important to us. I would like to discuss this with you further to see if there is anything that can be done to correct the situation. Please call me, Kellie Carr, directly at (502) 875-7000.

Dr. Shekleton is very good with patients. He makes sure that everything is covered and all questions answered in easy to understand terms. I don't feel rushed through to get to the next patient.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.

I was referred to Dr. Shekleton for some stomach issues. The staff and Dr . Shekleton were friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend their office.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.

Not the best bedside manner.... I have seen him multiple times and he never seems caring or concerned with your condition. I feel like he just gives me Medicine (without fully understanding my problem) and pushes me out the door. Three procedures with him, I'm still having the same issues years...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

We are sorry to hear this and truly value your feedback. Patient experience is important to us at Commonwealth Specialists of Kentucky, so we will make every effort to address any concerns you may have. Your comments have been shared with the practice manager, Kellie. If you would like to speak with someone about this experience, please call Kellie at 502-875-7000.

I first saw Dr. Shekleton after 3 visits to Frankfort Regional ER for chest pain. The pain was in my sternum area but very sharp. The ER ruled out a heart attack each time and they said I should see a GI doctor and gave me Dr. Shekleton's name. I had an appointment with him and we scheduled a...more