Dr. John Shea, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 72

Dr. John Shea, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Burleson, TX and has over 47 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Shea has more experience with Otologic Conditions & Procedures than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of Texas At Galveston / Medical Branch medical school in 1974. He is affiliated with medical facilities Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South and Wise Health Surgical Hospital at Parkway. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Shea to book an appointment.

Dr. Shea

Shea Ear Nose & Throat Clinic

11797 South Fwy Ste 132 Burleson, TX 76028

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Shea

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Shea treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Shea treats other conditions, please contact the office at (817) 551-1010.

Otologic Conditions & Procedures

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Conditions & Procedures specialists.

Dr. Shea is experienced in the area of Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 20 conditions and procedures

Dr. Shea's conditions and procedures:

• Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anosmia
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Broken Nose
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Labyrinthitis
  • Laryngitis
  • Loss of Smell and-or Taste
  • Malignant Otitis Externa
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Otitis Media
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Rhinoseptoplasty
  • Sinusitis
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Swimmer's Ear
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing

Dr. Shea accepts

Dr. Shea accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Commercial Insurance Company
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
HealthSmart
MedHealthInsurance

Dr. Shea's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shea

4.5

Dr. Shea?
  • Office environment (25)
  • Staff friendliness (25)
  • Appointment scheduling (24)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (2)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (2)
I highly recommend Dr. Shea and the allergy drop treatment. After suffering from chronic and almost daily hives for 12 years and despite going to some excellent doctors who simply had no treatment for getting rid of this condition, I had almost given up. Then I heard about allergy drops. I am amazed at the results. My hives are almost completely gone after 6 months of allergy drops. My late father was an allergist so I was accustomed to the best of care and that is exactly what I’ve gotten from Dr. Shea and his entire staff. Starting with Karen at the front desk with my first phone call, and Chandra with my initial intake, and then Dr. Shea at my initial appointment, I have been treated with kindness, caring, and an individualized approach. I have not had this kind of care since I was under the care of my own father, before the advent of allergy drops. I am so appreciative of Dr. Shea and his staff and this easy and effective treatment.
Barbara Pugh Hinojosa – Nov 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Shea, MD?
I had a very good response to allergy drops. Resolved my nasal congestion and sneezing.
Jon R – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Shea, MD?
From check in, to check out the staff was amazing. I had call backs checking on me, and appointment reminders. Dr. Shea is great and the entire staff was kind and helpful.
Mar 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Shea, MD?
I can’t begin to tell you how much Dr. Shea and his staff have helped me. I liked that he tried everything he could before suggesting surgery for my sinuses. Even after surgery I feel like a new person with a better outlook on life. I was afraid because I was told how terrible sinus surgery recovery can be but I can tell you even now, two days after, I feel great. I just can’t stress enough how amazing everyone is at this office from the front desk to the exam room.
Shaun M in CrowleyTX – Feb 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Shea, MD?
He performed my balloon sinuplasty a year ago, and I haven't had to see him since because I have yet to get a sinus infection since the surgery. He's also the only doctor who has been able to figure out my allergies! His under-the-tongue allergy drops are far better than making multiple trips for allergy shots, like I've had to do for several years when I was younger! I appreciate that he also suggests natural, over-the-counter remedies and supplements. I would recommend him to anyone!
achesner in Fort Worth, TX – Jul 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Shea, MD?
Dr Shea is very thorough & truly listens to you. His staff is very helpful & friendly too.
Burleson, TX – Nov 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Shea, MD?
Dr. Shea has been my life saver. The last two years have been miserable during ragweed season. I would be put on steroid pills, inhalers, nebulizer and antibiotics. My family physician told me I had asthma. After the testing with Dr. Shea I discovered I only have food allergies. With the Allertol food drops and his guidance I have been allergy free this season. No nasal drainage, coughing or sneezing. If you suffer from allergies please contact his office for an appointment. Great doctor!
M. Padilla in Grand Prairie, TX – Nov 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Shea, MD?
My family and I have been seeing Dr. Shea for YEARS. That alone should speak of the quality of care Dr. Shea provides! He is an EXPERT in his field and has been a blessing to resolving issues each of us have had with our ears and sinus issues! His staff is knowledgeable and each and everyone you come in contact with will treat you like family. We love Dr. Shea and his entire team and would be lost without them!
Dianna Rhoads in Burleson, TX – Apr 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Shea, MD?
Dr Shea is a great doctor with excellent bedside manners and knowledge. I was referred to Dr Shea in an emergency with suspected Tonsillar abscess. He was not only accommodating but compassionate about my situation. Thankfully it didn't turn out to be an abscess but he did recommend that I get my tonsils taken out. If I ever decide to do that, it's only going to be at Dr Shea's. I would highly recommend Dr Shea.
Burleson, TX – Feb 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Shea, MD?
Dr Shea has been treating me for delayed food allergies with sublingual drops. I had been hospitalized 2 times for reactions besides many non emergency reactions, asthma flairs and IBS. I was told: 1. There is no such thing as delayed reactions. 2. Just avoid the foods you react to. 3. Carry an epi pen. The Doctors didn't know what was causing symptoms and reactions. With Dr. Shea's sublingual drops my rash on my face, head and chest are gone and no more wheezing from my throat tightening!
Peggy S. in Grand Prairie, TX – Jun 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Shea, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shea?

The entire office staff considers it an honor and privilege to be able to assist in the evaluation and care of each and every patient.  The clinical...Read more

The Shea ENT and Allergy Team endeavors to provide patient centric health care.  This is best done by listening carefully to the patient and recording...Read more

• Ear, Nose, and Throat