Dr. John Schneider, MD

Interventional Pain Medicine | Male

Dr. John Schneider, MD

President-Founder of Comprehensive Pain & Neurology Center

Dr. Schneider's Care Philosophy

The pain experts at Comprehensive Pain & Neurology Center provide our patients with the most effective interventional pain procedures and therapies to help patients relieve pain and reclaim their lives. We at the Comprehensive Neurology Center are committed to the best patient care by performing a thorough evaluation and utilizing scientifically proven treatments of painful disorders. You will be treated with respect, compassion and care. Our goal is to help you find the correct diagnosis and to provide you with an optimal treatment plan. It is our hope that by obtaining a realistic reduction in your pain severity and restoring your function, we can help you get back to living your life.

Dr. Schneider's Experience

See how Dr. Schneider's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schneider

Dr. Schneider accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Schneider is now accepting new patients
Comprehensive Pain and Neurology Center, PLLC, Murfreesboro, TN2140 N Thompson Ln Ste 100
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
(615) 410-4990Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Schneider has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schneider's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schneider to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Schneider's Performance
    GOOD
Franklin, TN |
I have been going to Dr. Schneider for about 4 years. I've consistently found the staff to be professional and courteous. The NPs and Dr. Schneider have been caring, willing to listen and explain what they are doing and why and always willing to listen to my comments. Dr. Schneider has consistently recommended reducing medicine dose and number of medicines I take. I highly recommend Dr. Schneider.
Mcminnville, TN |
Dr. Schneider was congenial on the 1st o.v., but after my imaging studies were completed he was very rude, condescending & arrogant when I asked he make my referral to my previous Neurosurgeon. He wanted me to see 1 of HIS chosing, rather than the Dr. that had operated on me previously. He was abrupt & left the exam room in a huff, when I didn't agree with his choice. However, his NP was very courteous & helpful in assisting me to get copies of my scans & his office notes to see my Dr.
Smyrna, TN |
I absolutely love Dr. Schneider's office and his staff. I have come in contact with numerous members of his staff and really appreciate the effort they put into taking care of me. His authorization specialist, Melanie, is terrific. My insurance is a pain in getting procedures approved, Melanie kept me up to date on the status of it, whether it was good or bad news. She worked very hard to get my procedure approved for me. I am very thankful for Dr. Schneider, Melanie and other staff.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
I have had baWe decided that a neuro stimulator was best for me. He's sweet, listens to you. I reccommend him to anyone who needs a good pain management doctor
Murfreesboro, TN |
I absolutely love this clinic! The staff is amazing. You can tell each one of them truly care about their job and helping others, no matter how big or small the task may be. As soon as I walk in, I am always greeted with a smile by Lacey! Anytime I have a question about my bill, one of the three billing ladies are always willing to explain to me in detail what is going on and never give me grief about it. I always see Dr. Schneider and he is wonderful! He truly has a passion for pain relief!
Hixson, TN |
Rude staff, extremely long wait time, no concern for patient. Just push more meds. Higher doses and no care for what is causing the pain
Dear Patient: Please provide your name and more information to verify. As for "pushing more meds", that is absolutely not true. We are an interventional pain practice dedicated to help patients decrease med usage and take offense to your mischaracterization. Assisting patients with pain is all we care about and as trained neurologist, Dr. Schneider wants to find out what is causing your pain and not mask it.
in Spring Hill, TN |
I've known Dr. Schneider for years. He was the first doctor to effectively help me with my debilitating migraines and back/neck pain. He's always open to hearing what does and doesn't work for me as an individual patient. Part of dealing with, and effectively treating, chronic pain is having patience and a willingness to try different treatments. Whether it's trigger point injections, or having myofascial work done, Dr. Schneider has helped me take an active role in managing my pain.
Columbia, TN |
Dr. Schneider has been a great asset to my overall health, and I really appreciate his knowledge & understanding. He has been very easy to work with, and I would definitely recommend him for future patients!
in Brentwood, Tennessee |
When I walk into his office, I never feel like"just a patient"I feel like I'm a friend with everyone, especially Dr.Schneider. He doesn't have to look at my chart to find out who I am or why I am there to see him.He cares and it shows every time I walk in his office.He calls me by my first name and remembers things that I discussed with him on a previous visit.There is no doubt that he loves what he does and has a true desire to help PEOPLE without any judgment. Dr's like him are rare.
Mt Juliet, TN |
Very knowledgeable doctor. Had no problem making an appointment and doctor gave me options other than pushing medication like other clinics I have been too. I had a procedure (RFA) and now my back pain is hardly noticeable. If all you are looking for is pain medicine then this is probably not the right place for you, however, if you want a chance at improving your life I would make an appointment. BTW...ask your doctor about Dr. Schneider and they will tell you he has a good reputation!!
in Gallatin, TN |
This guy spends about 10-15 seconds with you and tells you your refills will be sent, but they never come. Phone calls are NEVER answered and faxes evidently just go in the trash One star is very generous
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone that has a significant amount of pain. I had a procedure appointment two weeks away that they ended up rescheduling the day of for a month away, due to not having the needle for the procedure. Was offered medication by a lady over two weeks ago and have yet to get any medication and they refuse to return any phone calls. My entire visit for pain management was for pain relief and to schedule a procedure and i got neither, charged my insurance for nothing
Hohenwald, TN |
I liked Dr. Schneider and think he's knowledgeable.The office staff is horrible. They never answer the phone & don't call you back but charge for missed appointments when you can't reschedule because you can't reach them. The staff doesn't listen, is rude & condescending. I would wait months for a procedure-pain management should not involve experiencing months of debilitating pain as the doctor can't get you in. They would offer more pills, no solution. Going somewhere else.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Very rude staff. They charge you to breath in their office. Joke but if they could they would. You never see the dr. Only NP's who are over worked and only just give meds. Never try to help reduce pain. When you ask for help they up your pain meds. Dr pushed to get patient addicted and to keep coming back. And they charge more each time. Horrible place. Stay away. Staff and office manager are hateful.
Our Nurse Practitioners are very capable of managing chronic pain through medication. The providers at Comprehensive Pain and Neurology Center are conservative in our opioid pain medication prescribing. We seek out other treatment options and alternatives to monthly requests for increases in opioid pain medication. We realize our treatment goals may not meet an individuals expectations but our interest is always to provide medically sound and reasonable treatment plans for our patients.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
His office staff is extremely rude. They monopolize any conversation, won't give you the respect to hear what you have to say. As a patient dealing with all the life changes you go through when dealing with chronic pain, and just from looking at their face-book page and website they advertise compassion. In person and on the telephone it is the direct opposite. I don't know if these people are over-worked, hate their jobs or just do not like the clients they "serve".
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Too many locations to effectively deal with patients.. spreading resources thin. Saw many NP and every time had to explain my complicated condition with people who had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. I asked one of the NP that I saw 5 or more times to help me seek another provider as I only need care on a certain basis. She refused! She has left since then but I also noticed the "drug counseling" billing, which really is you answering questions on a tablet. Ridiculous!
in Murfreesboro, TN |
I started with Dr. Schneider with two epidural injections with very little results. Next he recommended using a transdermal system then he progressed to MS contin which still had very minimal effect. I decided after all this to stop treatment. Then I found out later they had been charging me for drug screening at $240.00 per test and $100.75 for an information sheet they called a behavioral test plus $200.00 for a consultation every month in order to get a prescription for the pain meds.
in Woodbury, TN |
I would recommend Dr, Schneider to anyone who is in a great deal of pain. I see Dr. Schneider for low back pain and he is the only Dr. who has been able to help me GREATLY with the pain. He is very professional and knowledgeable in his field of medicine and he is the only one that I trust to do any kind of procedure on my back, for I have been through back surgery in 1986 and ir is no fun, In1986 the Dr. had to open up my back to remove a very large rupture disc so I am particular who I see.
in Antioch, TN |
I go to the office on Seven Springs Way in Brentwood. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with my treatment here. 1. The front office staff treats me like I'm an inconvenience. 2. I have left over a half dozen messages and have NEVER reached anyone and NEVER received a return call. 3. Never has NP Kimberly Prichard, made any effort to discuss or understand my pain 4. Today, the NP scolded me for going to the ER but she had no suggestions for when my pain gets unbearable.
in Spring Hill, TN |
I tried to use this clinic and from the very start I had issues. I came in complaining of Severe Lower Back Pain. They scheduled me for Injections. When I arrived the had me on the table and started to set me up for Injections on my NECK. I stopped them and they looked at the chart and nothing on my chart suggested anything for back pain. Even though they prescribed me OXYCODONE 10mg. Then a botched MRI (only neck not back) had to do another MRI. I am now looking for another Pain Clinic. No Star
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Went to get pain injections, would not give them to me, nurse said they was not ever put in file. On top of that they owe me a credit of $50 SINCE DEC 2015-- called and called still have not received it, still billed my ins. co. for shots I never GOT. What kind of place is this. AND YES MY NAME IS KEITH JENKINS IF ANY QUESTIONS! ---------Met Dr. Schneider first office visit for about a total of less than 1 minute, said nurses would take care of me, oh yeah they will.
in Franklin, TN |
Dr. Schneider and his staff are FANTASTIC! They have been VERY COURTEOUS & PROFESSIONAL. Dr. Schneider & his staff care about his patients and listens to them. I was in the Medical field l many years,They operate a Professional practice that cares about their patients, and not just money, or your insurance. I would recommend Dr. Schneider and his staff to everyone. If you LEGITIMATELY are in pain they will help with an individual treatment plan for you. I trust them. Sincerely, Gregg Cozart
in Hollow Rock, TN |
Dr. Schneider, from the very fist visit never said, Steve, I have your best interest at heart. HOWEVER, I KNEW HE DID !!! Not only from every word he said, but everything he DID. I've been going to Pain Clinics since 2006. This is the FIRST provider, Doctor or otherwise that has ever mentioned the words, Spinal Chord Stimulator to me !!!! I've been through 3 different Clinics and Institutes for PILLS and injections with NO HOPE of relief. UNTIL NOW !!! I GET MY LIFE BACK, THANKS DOC. !!
in Columbia, TN |
Dr. Schneider and Jordyn did such a great job with my injection!! I instantly felt relief!! I have never seen a doctor with such great skill. He is understanding of my pain and worked with me until we found a treatment plan that worked. If you hurt, don't put it off! Let Dr. Schneider take care of you!!
in Smyrna |
Dr Schneider has helped me try many different methods to treat my pain. Very professional and thorough.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
He is just interested in prescribing addictive medicine instead of looking into the cause of the pain. He does not have his patients best interest at heart and he spends very little time speaking with me to see how I'm feeling. If you want a script for narcotics, he's your guy.
On the contrary, we have a conservative approach to opioid medications due to their risk of addiction. Our practice philosophy is to improve pain through a multimodal approach.
Have you seen Dr. John Schneider, MD?

Compare Dr. Schneider

Dr. Schneider says...

President-Founder of Comprehensive Pain & Neurology Center

Dr. Schneider's Care Philosophy

Dr. Schneider's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Interventional Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Neurology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Schneider has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schneider's Board Certifications

• Hip Pain
  • Knee Pain
  • Muscle Spasm
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Numbness

Georgia Health Sciences University

Completed in 2010

University Of Nebraska

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Schneider does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schneider and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Interventional Pain Medicine