Dr. John Scala, MD

Dr. John Scala, MD

Internal Medicine  |
43 reviews

Contact provider for availability

Dr. John Scala, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Lone Tree, CO. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Scala is affiliated with Sky Ridge Medical Center and Parker Adventist Hospital....See Less

Learn about Dr. Scala

Dr. Scala's Experience

Dr. Scala's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

• Physical Examination
  • Vaccination
  • Well Baby Care
  • Well Child Examination

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Johns Hopkins University / School of Medicine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1991
  • University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • University of Illinois Chicago
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Scala has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Scala does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scala and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Sky Ridge Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Outstanding Patient Experience Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Scala is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Scala's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Scala to family and friends
Dr. Scala's Performance
in Littleton, CO |
Dr. Scala is a great resource and is quite knowledgeable. For example, he diagnosed what was causing my elevated potassium level, which was preventing me from being accepted into a clinical trial. The culprit was magnesium. Who would have thought that magnesium would affect my potassium level, but Dr. Scala did! I am a fan!
in Centennial, CO |
We've been with the group going on ten years or so. Never a complaint. You tell them what you need and they'll figure out a way. John and his entire team are A+
in Lone Tree, CO |
Dr. Scala was originally my wife's Doctor and did an outstanding job (knowledgeable and sensitive to patient needs) helping her through a major surgery. When my primary care physician wanted to charge more, Dr. Scala was kind enough to not only add me, but also my son to his care. Within the last year he has helped me with ear and back and general health needs. We are all very happy with the professional, timely and sensitive care that Dr. Scala and his team provide.
Parker, CO |
Thoughtful, current, good listener,caring.
in Littleton, CO |
It was a great experience to take my son to Dr. Scala office. It was our first time visiting a pediatrician in US and he has been very meticulously during the appointment, checking the shots books, and patiently explained all details about the current strepted throat my son was facing. Further on, we have some questions about the prescribed collateral effects medicine and we were very well attended by the nursery practitioner and afterward Dr. Scala call us to see if it was all ok. Very good!
in Littleton, CO |
Dr. Scala has been my doctor for a long time. He has always been very friendly and attentive, caring and very helpful in helping me get better with whatever illness I had. His office is quick to always get me in for an appointment when needed. I would (and have) certainly recommend Dr. Scala to any friends and family.
Denver, CO |
I recently had an occasion to call my PCP doctor's office for an appointment for that day as I was feeling terrible. My PCP was not in that day but her office partner, Dr. Scala was in although busy was able to fit me into his schedule. Fortunately he was able to do so as it turned out that I had strep as well as bronchitis. If I had to wait another day to get in I can't imagine how much worse I might have gotten in that time. Dr. Scala was caring and interested and much appreciated.
in Castle Pines, Colorado |
Dr. Scala has always been a wonderful doctor to our entire family. He has always taken care of all of us during our visits. He is very professional, caring, helpful and friendly. He is a great doctor. We highly recommend Dr. Scala. The nurses and staff are all very professional, helpful and kind.
in Highlands Ranch, CO |
Dr. Scala and his staff have provided my wife and I exceptional care since we moved here 4 years ago. He carefully monitors our medications and refers us to excellent specialists when required. We wouldn't consider seeing any other family physician.
in Castle Pines, Colorado |
Relates very well with patients and actually calls patients when warranted.
Centennial, CO |
Dr. Scala shows a dedication to resolving medical issues to keep me healthy. In my case high blood pressure. He speaks plainly and about what likely next steps would be.
in Aurora, Colorado |
Dr. Scala displays a quiet, confident intellect that allows him to explain complex medical problems in terms/ words we can understand. As boomers, we appreciate his honest, straightforward approach to our aging issues. Also, with the constraints and impositions of federal medical guidelines, we are constantly impressed by how much time he gives us at our thorough, comprehensive exams. Thanks Dr. Scala for reminding us how medicine should be practiced.
Denver, CO |
Dr. Scala always takes plenty of time with me at each visit. I feel he knows me personally, not just medically. He responds promptly with follow-up questions. He seems to be very up-to-date with the needs of a senior.
in Sedalia, CO |
Over the years I have seen several primary care doctors both men and women. Dr John Scala has been the absolute best doctor I have seen. He is up to date on the latest treatments but he is also truly engaged and devoted to helping me with all my health concerns and needs. When I needed a specialist he is connected with a network of professionals of the highest caliber that can be obtained. He stays engaged in the treatment and he personally calls me at home to report test results.
Denver CO |
Love love love this practice and the personal care I receive!
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in Castle Rock, CO |
Dr. Scala is caring, compassionate, responsive, thorough, and no matter how busy, never rushes and demonstrates that he really cares and loves what he is doing. His attitude is reflected in his entire staff.
in Highlands Ranch |
Dr Scala is great. He is pragmatic and caring. He is great at responding to issues that arise and is wonderful about trying to squeeze people in when ever he can. The whole team at lone tree internal medicine are excellent!
Have you seen Dr. John Scala, MD?

Visit Dr. Scala

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Centene
  • Colorado Access
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA