Dr. John Salvo, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. John Salvo, MD
Dr. Salvo is double board certified in orthopaedic surgery and sports medicine by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He is a Clinical Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and specializes in knee ligament (ACL) reconstructions, shoulder instability, rotator cuff repairs, and hip arthroscopy. As Director of the Hip Arthroscopy program at Rothman Institute, Dr. Salvo serves as one of the region’s leaders in hip arthroscopy, particularly in athletes. He is an assistant team physician for the Philadelphia Flyers and a consultant for the Philadelphia Phillies. He is an active member of several subspecialty societies, including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Arthroscopy Association of North America, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, and the International Society for Hip Arthroscopy.

Dr. Salvo's Experience

See how Dr. Salvo's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Salvo

Dr. Salvo accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Salvo is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Salvo has admitting privileges.

Dr. Salvo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Salvo to family and friends
Dr. Salvo's Performance
in Egg Harbor Township, NJ |
I would highly recommend Dr.Salvo to my friends and family .He helped me get my life back, just being able to be out of pain and able to walk without limping,I am so grateful to him.
Sewell, NJ |
Confident, clear communications and positive attitude. Efficient but did not feel rushed in meeting and everything was explained well at every step of the way. Surgery (arthroscopic torn meniscus) was simple and recovery was quick and easy for me. Really appreciated him and his entire staff in how they worked with me, listened carefully, and put me at ease -- especially in the actual surgery center. Two weeks after surgery, I'm almost 100% and feeling great.
in Mount Laurel, NJ |
I tore my distal bicep tendon and Dr. Salvo was able to see me within 1 day of calling for an appointment. Because of the urgency to surgically repair quickly, he scheduled me for surgery the next day. Dr. Salvo managed my expectations and gave me realistic timelines for healing and rehabilitation.
in Malaga, nj |
Went to see Dr Salvo for a labral tear that was causing my leg to lock up and severe pain when it would happen. I guess an associate came in and did the leg manipulation not the Dr. Dr. Salvo walked in never touched me and told me he had no plans on helping me. I don't know why to this day. He was very short with me and walked out. I went to see another Dr from a different group a Dr McMillian and he was awesome and set up for me to have a cortisone shot injected in the hip and helped me 100%!!
in Honey Brook, PA |
Great all around experience. Made a difficult surgery and recovery easy!
very positive outcome with surgery. PA john Fleischman was wonderful too
in Conshohocken, PA |
Dr. salvo Understood my injuries and the path needed to get better. He was positive and caring which gave me the confidence to get the surgeries I needed to get better. He and his staff where always available and supportive. He worked seamlessly with the other doctors and the entire process was as pleasant as getting surgery can be. I hope I never need him again, but I will not hesitate to call on him if I ever have an issue in the future.
in mount Laurel |
Really cares about his patients and wants to help them succeed.
Dr. Sapvo is very professional and did a great job with my knee surgery.
in Pennington, NJ |
I drove well over an hour to see Dr. Salvo for a third opinion regarding a joint issue that has been causing me pain for the past 8 months. He spent about 3 minutes with me (if that)--said that my joint issue was minor and offered no alternatives. He did not discuss the condition with me or try to do any problem-solving. He might be a decent surgeon, but he is a terrible doctor.
in Mount Laurel, New Jersey |
My experience with Dr.Salvo was great! The recovery was very quick and a lot easier than I thought thanks to Dr.Salvo. Thank you so much for everything
in sicklerville, nj |
Knowledgeable, kind, great follow up
Took his time, explained everything, made sure I was OK to return to sports so I would not reinjure myself
in marlton nj |
He was great very professionsal and did a great job on my knee
in Pennsylvania |
Immediately relieved my anxiety with his attentiveness, detailed explanation, and assurance of options. Thrilled to be on the road to repairing my hip under his care
Felt like a part of the family from the minute Dr Salvo saw me
in Croydon, Pa |
Great! He did surgery on my left hip that was very successful. He is a nice person and a great doctor. I like how he doesn't,t rush through the visit when I see him. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Great visit answered my questions
in royersford, pa |
Great guy and great staff. Explained everything thoroughly and took the time to answer all questions. I'm now completely pain free and very pleased with everything.
in mount laurel nj |
I was so nervous to get surgery but when I met Dr.Salvo I immediately felt more calm about the whole situation and knew I was going to be okay. He was the nicest doctor you can ask for and he saved my knee. Great guy and an amazing doctor. I am very greatful for Dr.Salvo! Thank you!
in Riveeside, NJ |
Very knowledgeable and expeeprienced. Felt very comfortable under his treatment since day 1.
Great
in blackwood,NJ |
Great experience. I feel ten times better then I did before surgery. I will recommended him to other athletes.
in Atco Nj |
There are no words to express the gratitude I feel for the care I received with Dr Salvo. He listened and made a plan to fix my issues. If you would have asked me a year ago would I be at the level of health I am today I wouldn't have thought I'm almost back to 100%. I can't thank Dr Salvo and his team enough!!!
Have you seen Dr. John Salvo, MD?
Are you Dr. Salvo?

Compare Dr. Salvo

Dr. Salvo says...

Dr. Salvo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Runner's Knee
  • Shoulder Dislocation
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis

Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University

Graduated in 1994