Dr. John Rog, MD

Dr. John Rog, MD

Family Medicine  |

Dr. John Rog, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Valrico, FL. He is 47 years old.

Valrico Brandon Medical Group

2237 Lithia Center Ln

Valrico, FL 33596

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Rog

Dr. Rog's Experience

Dr. Rog's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Asthma
  • Blood Disorders
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cellulitis
  • Constipation
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Dermatitis
  • Diabetes Mellitus, Secondary
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophagitis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gout
  • Mycobacterial Lung Infection
  • Nausea
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
  • Testicular Dysfunction
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

• Cholesterol Screening
  • Wellness Examination

• University Of Illinois Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Msu-Kalamazoo Center

Dr. Rog has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rog does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rog and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rog's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rog to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Rog's Performance
in Brandon, FL |
I love this man. No chit chat, straight to the point. Listens to your concerns and gives you a solution. If your appointment is at 0830 he'll be three at 0830 waiting for you.
Riverview, FL |
I was a patient of Dr. Rog’s for several years. He placed me on Blood pressure medication, and would call the prescriptions in or write a script when I needed a refill. I ended up in the hospital because my kidneys were trying to shut down. The medication I’d been prescribed by Dr. Rog, required lab tests to make sure the medication was not affecting my kidneys. Well, he NEVER ordered or mentioned any lab testing.
in Riverview, FL |
Dr. Rog has excellent bedside manners. Takes time to explain medical care. Makes you feel comfortable to talk to. Staff very helpful and friendly. Returns calls.
in Valrico, FL |
Doctor Rog is precise and to the point and never keeps me waiting, especially if I have an appointment. I have had him as my doctor for over sixteen years. Doctor Rog never disappoints in getting me in and out of his office in a timely manner and with my busy schedule this is extremely valuable. I am rarely sick and do not depend on taking anything that requires me to see him regularly. Overall, as a doctor he puts my health first and at the end of each day, that is all that should matter.
in Valrico, FL |
Doctor Rog has been my family doctor for over 20 years, diagnosed ovarian cancer in my wife, took care of our 3 teenage children, supported us during my wife's illness. It's hard to find geneal practioners who truly care for the health and well being of his/her patients. The care and attention from your neighbood physician is alive and well when you visit Dr Rog's office.
Top shelf
Houston, TX |
ABOLUTELY HORRIBLE. WHAT A JERK!
in Valrico, FL |
I rarely if ever go to the doctor. I haven't seen Rog in years because frankly I'd rather just go to the CVS Minute Clinic. However, I'll be 41 this year and just got over my first ever bout of pneumonia. I realize I need to have a physical and least have a PCP in case something like this happens again...but the thought of dealing with this person made me change doctors entirely. I've chosen a new PCP and I won't be returning to his practice.
in Tampa, FL |
With an appointment, there is very little waiting. You had better be punctual because he will be. He is all business with no chit chat. Some may view this as lack of bedside manner. However, I view it as efficiency. Dr. Rog knows his stuff and patiently answers all questions. Come prepared with some research on various topics. He relies very heavily on blood work results so it is best to have them completed with copy to him before an annual physical.
in Brandon, FL |
Dr. Rog is the worst doctor I have ever dealt with in my life. I rarely go to the doctor. I usually go twice a year to get a physical and 1 time to refill my prescription. He refused to fill my prescription and told me I was an addict. Then he asked me if I knew the street value of the drug I am prescribed. UNREAL!! I told him I didn't want to take anti-depressants, however, I asked for an alternate way to stop taking my medication. He simply told me to get a new job! Worst DOCTOR EVER!!!!
in Valrico, FL |
Dr. Rog may not have the best bed side manner, but he's a great doctor. I'm not going there to chat and make friends, I'm going there for him to help me feel better. The staff is courteous, I can get same day appointments and I appreciate his candor. I also appreciate that he comes in, finds the problem, offers a solution, and gets me out of there in a timely manner. Quick and efficient.
in Brandon, FL |
This has to be the worst Dr I have ever met. I work in Emergency Medicine and am a former nurse. He was argumentative, arrogant, aloof and talked down to me the entire appointment. All I kept saying is Wow after one of his many outbursts. I have been going to this office for over 2 decades and only saw this bully because my Dr left the practice. I am convinced he has family write the positive reviews on here. Save yourself the money, time and potential prison time and go to another Physician.
Brandon, Florida |
I am a medical professional and this guy had horrible bed side manner! Actually argued with me about a treatment and then gave no alternatives, just sat there not saying a word. It was a waste of time and money on my part. I have been to other doctors in this office and most are great, but I will never make an appointment with this guy again. In fact, I may switch to a different office altogether.
in Brandon, FL |
he has very poor bedside manor and does not give the attention to the patient quick to dismiss!!!
Have you seen Dr. John Rog, MD?
Are you Dr. Rog?