Dr. John Robertson Jr, MD

Addiction Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 59

Dr. Robertson Jr

Center For Family Psychiatry PC

10241 Kingston Pike Ste 2 Knoxville, TN 37922

Dr. John Robertson Jr, MD is an addiction psychiatry specialist in Knoxville, TN and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine in 1986 and specializes in addiction psychiatry and child & adolescent psychiatry.

At a glance

• Recent Reviews . Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Robertson Jr accepts

Dr. Robertson Jr accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check if Dr. Robertson Jr treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Robertson Jr's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Hypochondriasis
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

2.4

Dr. Robertson Jr?
Dr. Robertson Jr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Robertson Jr, MD
My experience with Dr. Robertson happened when I was 16 (I'm now in my 30s). Nonetheless I feel compelled to write as he is still in practice. It was a traumatic experience. On the recommendation of my doctor at the time, my mother took me to see him to help sort out the issues I was having. I was misdiagnosed and put on heavy drugs that had me sleeping most the day. I remember filling out a bunch of paperwork before meeting with him for 5-10 minutes. He walked in wearing a Looney Tunes tie and I immediately felt uneasy with him. He took no time to put me at ease and get to know me. He asked several questions and a few minutes later had me "figured out." Thankfully after a few months my mom saw he was doing more harm than good and pulled me out from this damaging situation. Absolutely unbelievable that seeing a psychiatrist would make the situation worse. I went to another doctor who diagnosed and treated me properly. This experience has haunted me all these years later.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Robertson Jr, MD?
My step-son had been seeing Dr Robertson for a few years, but we had so many prescriptions! I started reading online reviews about Dr Robertson over medicating. After seeking a second opinion - we have had to wean him off several drugs. It’s still an ongoing process and 4 months later we still trying to get him off some medications. Our son was like a zombie, but he would have guts of rage. I don’t want anyone else to experience what we have.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Robertson Jr, MD?
Dr Robertson is a lifesaver for my family. Thank for all u do
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Robertson Jr, MD?
Dr Robertson is a tremendous doc who cares about you and your mental health. He is supremely qualified to help with the suffering one may have. I highly recommend him. He has been a true blessing to me and my family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Robertson Jr, MD?
I have not liked this man from the beginning.Not very helpful, doesn't talk with you, you talk to a nurse practitioner before spending about 5 minutes with him. Long wait time. Very expensive. Not Insurance friendly. Makes me feel worse than when I am already having problems. I would rather talk to a wall than this man. He has me feel worse and spending more money with him prescribing medication that does not fit my needs. Makes you visit every couple of months. Do not pay this man!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Robertson Jr, MD?
Don't see this man. It's so hard to talk to someone about your mental health and someone who talks down to you, disregards what you and your other doctors say, and whose nurse is equally unfeeling and considering makes you feel worse about your condition. Please don't pay this man so you can just feel worse about yourself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Robertson Jr, MD?
Over-medicator. Nice enough, but clams up when questioned. He must think he's the only educated person in the room. Rarely, if ever, listens to patient or care-giver feedback with any level of sincerity. Appears to exist to peddle meds as much as possible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Robertson Jr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Robertson Jr?

• Addiction Psychiatry