Dr. John Reynolds IV, MD

Dr. John Reynolds IV, MD

Sports Medicine  |
Dr. John Reynolds IV, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Knoxville, TN. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Read his story

1819 W Clinch Ave Ste 100

Knoxville, TN 37916

• Cigna-HealthSpring
  • CorVel
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Reynolds IV

Dr. Reynolds IV' Experience

Dr. Reynolds IV' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

Dr. Reynolds IV' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Reynolds IV " Dr. John Reynolds is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who also holds a subspecialty board certification in sports medicine. He received his undergraduate degree Summa Cum Laude from Vanderbilt University, and was a National Merit Scholarship recipient. Dr. Reynolds was inducted into several honorary societies for excellence in academics, and completed his medical degree at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. Dr. Reynolds went on to fulfill an internship and residency at the Ochsner Medical Foundation in New Orleans, Louisiana. A fellowship in Sports Medicine at the University of Illinois in Chicago further expanded his expertise in the area of orthopaedic patient care. Dr. Reynolds is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, an active member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, and the Arthroscopy Association of North American. He has particular interests in arthoscopic surgery of the shoulder and knee. Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics offers nine locations to better serve you in Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Lenoir City, Crossville, and Sevierville in East Tennessee. "

This content was provided by Dr. Reynolds IV "As a knee and shoulder specialist, I take great pride and pleasure in helping patients eliminate chronic pain and recover from acute injuries. Often this can be done without surgery, but when it is required, we specialize in minimally invasive surgery which helps you recover fully as quickly as possible."

• Sports Medicine

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Bone Cancer
  • Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Sports Medicine Related Procedures
  • Sports Medicine Surgery

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Vanderbilt University
  • Alton Ochsner Med Fndn
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Reynolds IV has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Reynolds IV does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Reynolds IV and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Reynolds IV' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Reynolds IV to family and friends
Dr. Reynolds IV' Performance
Excellent results and care.
in Knoxville, TN |
I have all positive comments, regarding my interaction with Dr. Reynolds. He is professional, knowledgeable, experienced, confident, factual, educational, informative, comforting, and personable. Dr. Reynolds' shoulder replacement surgery has provided positive results that exceeded my expectations.
in Sevierville, TN |
Dr. Reynolds and his staff are excellent in every way; professional, courteous, knowledgeable. Patients’ needs are always their priority.
Hi P. Paul H. Punsalang, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for John M. Reynolds, M.D.. We're happy we could meet your expectations!
Knoxville, TN |
It is a pleasure to highly recommend Dr. John Reynolds. Both my husband and I have had surgical procedures (shoulder and knee) with Dr. Reynolds and both have had excellent outcomes. He very patiently evaluated our issues and gave us sound advice. His experience and expertise make the difference for his patients. The TOC Physical Therapy at Fort Sanders was excellent for our post-op care.
Hello, we are glad we could help!
in Robbinsville, NC |
Dr. Reynolds was the surgeon that operated on my wife and father in law, so he was the logical choice since he did such a astounding job on them. We travel from NC to see him so we cross state lines to see the best doctor for this procedure.
in Sevierville, TN |
I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Reynolds to my friends or family. My very first experience with Dr. Reynolds was during my initial consultation. From that point forward he made me feel very confident and relaxed that he had the experience needed to correct the problems I was having with my shoulder. My surgery, recovery and follow-up all went like clockwork better than I could have possibly hoped for. I am Now enjoying life stable and pain-free again. His staff did an amazing job as well.
Lawrence Latorre, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations!
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr reynolds was very nice and answered all my questions.
in rock hill, sc |
My husband had a meniscus tear in his knee repaired on Friday, September 8th, and he has already recovered and ready to return to his daily routines. Dr John Reynolds is such a fabulous surgeon that he didn't even need pain medications. I also have had rotator cuff surgery with great results. If you are looking for a great orthopedic surgeon with a great bedside manor. Dr Reynolds is your best choice.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Reynolds IV took care of my injury in a very professional manner. He is a friendly and knowledgeable doctor and cared about my injury. He listens and explains.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Reynolds provided care, and ultimately, performed rotator cuff surgery. I am very satisfied with those results. Now he has provided good consultation regarding the pain I am having in the other shoulder. He explains things well and provides appropriate advice and help.
in Knoxville, TN |
My experience with Dr. Reynolds was awesome! He is very caring, listens to any concerns you may have, and always has an answer to your questions. I am very satisfied with my surgery and did not have a long healing process. I would highly recommend Dr. Reynolds for any orthopedic surgery!
in Sevierville, TN |
Dr. Reynolds is very caring, freindly and has great bedside manners. He is very thorough and cares about his patients . Dr. Reynolds done a total knee replacement on my right knee on April 18th, in 4 months I was pain free. I highly recommend him, He is an awesome Orthopedic...
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Reynolds is a warm, compassionate and extremely skilled surgeon. I have had great outcomes under his care in the past.
in New Market |
I highly recommend Dr. Reynolds. I have had 4 surgeries with him and the outcome has always been excellent. He explains the procedure well and is very interested in a positive recovery.
Dr. Reynolds repaired my rotator cuff in January. I am very pleased with my experience under his care. Dr. Reynolds has an excellent bedside manor and his genuine concern for his patients to have the best possible outcome is most definitely is impressive. I highly recommend Dr. Reynolds.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Reynolds explained the procedure well and the surgery and rehab has been good. Good experience.
in Maynardville,Tennessee |
I had knee surgery, I was scared to death but Dr. Reynolds was very reassuring, I am recovering quickly and although it's sore, the pain from before is gone! I can walk better and I'm excited to be going hiking again. I haven't been in two years because of this bum knee! Thanks so much for getting me all fixed up!
Ella Parham, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us.
Knoxville, TN |
Superior orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Reynolds has an excellent bedside manner. He is patient and thorough. He clearly explains what to expect before, during, and after surgery. He spends as much time as necessary in order to be certain that he has answered any questions and/or addressed any concerns. Dr. Reynolds performed knee surgery on me and I would highly suggest him to anyone needing an orthopedic procedure.
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics. We're happy we could meet your expectations!
in POWELL, Tennessee |
Dr Reynolds has been my dr for many years and several surgies on me & my husband both. He has never failed to be an excellent physicIan and a good friend. He is a most excellent dr who shows much compassion and caring for his patients. No one could give me better care. I recommend Dr Reynolds & TOC to anyone who will stand still & listen. Thanks to all drs & staff for the great care I receive from all at TOC.
Patricia Gibson, we are so happy to read such a great review about John M. Reynolds, M.D.!
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Reynolds performed bilateral knee surgery on me in June 2017. He did an exceptional job and I would highly recommend him. The entire process was professional including the time he spent explaining the procedure and reviewing the results post surgery.
in Knoxville, TN |
Everything you want from a Doctor. Kind, knowledgeable, listens to the patient. He did my second shoulder surgery and things are going well. I trust and recommend Dr. Reynolds.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Reynolds took great care of me. He really has helped me get back to walking without pain. I can't recommend him enough!
Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Reynolds did my ACL replacement. I would recommend him to anyone. He takes proud in his work and explains every procedure. Excellent doctor.
Hello, thank you for the high star rating!
in Kodak, TN |
This may sound ridiculous, but within the last three years in our family circle six members of our family have been operated on by Dr. Reynolds. All were foot or knee surgeries. Obviously we think very highly of Dr. Reynolds, not only his surgical expertise but his integrity and personality. He has helped this family remedy a lot of misery.
Elaine Cutshaw, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated!
in Knoxville, TN |
Doctor Reynolds is the best I got 2 knee replacements. And both got back 100 percent. He listens and make sure I understand and make sure I'm good
Hi Teresa, thank you so much for your positive comments about John M. Reynolds, M.D.!
in WHITESBURG,TENN. |
DR.REYNOLDS DID SURGERY ON MY ANKLE PUTTING A PLATE AND 9 SCREWS IT HEALED REALLY GOOD THE SCARS IS BARELY VISIBLE I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM HE IS A GREAT DOCTOR
Melissa Hawkins, we really appreciate your positive review!
in Sevierville, TN |
Tore my ACL and meniscus on January 3rd around 1:30pm. Was in Dr Reynolds office by 4:30 pm. Had surgery January 13. I began therapy on the 16th. Had some complications from doing too much at home exercises. Dr. Reynolds got me back on track after a second surgery 14 days after the first. Dr. Reynolds provided excellent care, and will be my choice for orthopedic care from now on.
Tim Russell, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us.
in Knoxville, TN |
i went to see Dr. Reynolds after living with excruciating knee pain for almost a year, I could barely walk and I often would cry from the pain. I was not expecting much to be done when I went to see Dr. Reynolds but I call him my "Miracle Worker" now. After explaining what I was dealing with Dr. Reynolds ran test and found out the cause of my pain and set me up for surgery. Well since the day of surgery I have been knee pain free! Thank you Dr. Reynolds!
in Crossville, TN 38555 |
Dr. Reynolds is an excellent physician and surgeon. I would recommend Dr. Reynolds to anyone for any surgical procedure they might need. My torn rotator cuff surgery was very successful and my recovery and therapy were handed to my complete satisfaction.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Reynolds has done several surgeries on my left knee, the most recent one on Jan. 30, 2017. After having an MRI, he patiently explained what a torn meniscus was and how the surgery should fix the problem. I was walking the day of the surgery. He is very patient and easy to talk to. He explains everything thoroughly and answers all your questions. I couldn't be more pleased with the care I received from Dr. Reynolds and his staff. TOC also has an excellent therapy office next door.
Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Reynolds is knowledgeable, compassionate and has a great bedside manner.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Reynolds repaired my left knee in 2010 and I have had no issues with it. He repaired my right knee 12 days ago and the recovery is going well. I had full range of motion back within 2 days and have already started strengthening exercises in PT. I run 40 to 50 miles per week and expect to have a full recovery and return to my previous mileage. I would highly recommend Dr. Reynolds.
Thanks for the feedback, Guy Giles. We strive to provide excellent service to our customers at Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics!
in Powell, TN |
He did a great job replacing both my shoulders. He replaced my left shoulder over ten years ago and my right shoulder last January. I experienced no pain with either operation. I have highly recommended him to several people who have complained about joint pain.
Sevierville, TN |
After two rotator cuff surgeries, Dr. Reynolds has proven to be a very knowledgeable, professional, and compassionate doctor. I have recovered 100% and would highly recommend Dr. Reynolds for orthopedic surgeries.
in White Pine, TN |
Dr. Reynolds has performed surgery on my shoulder (Rotator Cuff), repaired Meniscus tears in both knees, and replaced the right knee. I cannot begin to explain how impressed I have been with Dr. Reynolds' knowledge, performance, communication, and over all treatment. His demeanor and bedside manner is exceptional, and he always places the well being of his patients first. I am grateful to Dr. Reynolds for all he has done for me. Without him, I would not be able to enjoy the life I now have.
in Knoxville, TN |
I had two knee surgeries with KOC which ended with Dr. Reynolds doing a third one on it. I couldn't be more pleased with the care I received from Dr. Reynolds.
in KNOXVILLE |
TAKES THE TIME TO EXPLAIN THE PROBLEM AND HOW HE CAN FIX IT. WE WERE VERY PLEASED WITH SURGERY AND OUT COME. HIGHLY RECOMMENED BY BROTHER IN LAW WHO HAD KNEE REPLACEMENT.
in Vonore, Tn. |
Move to the Knoxville area from Massachusetts, needed a Dr. for my Rotator Cuff. Found Dr Reynolds thru the clinic at the Hospital. After researching him on the internet, I called for an appointment. They got me in right away, After scheduling an MRI within a couple of days, Dr Reynolds read them right away,we made an appointment for my surgery and did it soon after. Dr Reynolds is an easy guy to talk to and he explained the surgery so you could understand everything you'd be going thru.
Thanks for the feedback, Robert O. We strive to provide excellent service to patients at Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics
in Sevierville |
Had a GREAT experience with Dr Reynolds. He explained the problems with my knee thoroughly. He gave me several options for treatment. He was patient and knowledgeable with our endless questions. I would highly recommend him!
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with! We greatly appreciate all feedback!
Knoxville, TN |
Incredibly knowledgeable with a great bedside manor, There is definitely a reason he is so busy, yet always available.
in Knoxville, TN |
Easy to talk to and explains what's wrong and how he is going to fix it in a way you can understand. I would recommend him anytime.
Thank you!
Have you seen Dr. John Reynolds IV, MD?

Visit Dr. Reynolds IV