Dr. John Redwine, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Dr. John Redwine, MD
Dr. John Redwine, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Charleston, SC. He is 57 years old.

Dr. Redwine's Care Philosophy

The physicians and employees of Palmetto Primary Care Physicians facilitate healthier lives in the communities we serve. We engineer the practice of primary care to better fit the complex lives of today's family. We balance medicine and wellness to help you attain the healthiest life possible.

Dr. Redwine's Experience

See how Dr. Redwine's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Redwine

Dr. Redwine accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Redwine is now accepting new patients

Dr. Redwine's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Redwine to family and friends
    3.0
    Dr. Redwine's Performance
    Charleston |
    For the two years I have visited Dr. Redwine's office, the wait times have been ridiculous (often being up to an hour after the scheduled appointment time). Dr. Redwine also displays an extremely rude attitude toward his patients, seeming completely uninterested and showing little to no concern whatsoever.
    in N. Charleston SC |
    I selected Dr. Redwine as my teenage son's physician. I was referred to him by a co-worker that has been with Dr. Redwine since he was baby. He has a way of putting my son at ease that makes our visits a pleasure. His Staff could work on being more timely and proactive with requests and scheduling, but he is a friendly and knowledgeable professional.
    Summerville, SC |
    I started going to Dr. Redwine after my doctor left Primary. I found him to be very stand offish. He did go over lab results. He also does not refill prescriptions in a timely manner or prefer not to. When you call the staff, still nothing. I have been without one of my prescriptions for weeks even though I have submitted requests, CVS have call and nothing. I've decided to leave Palmetto Primary care due to him.
    Summerville, SC |
    I have some issues with Dr. Rewine. Like many reviews he doesn't respond on time with my prescriptions. I have had to call the useless staff office on refills every single time. I get calls from CVS stating 10 days no doctors response. I have had to reorder due to mistakes on original orders from doctor every single time. If you have an appointment 2 pm It will be 3 pm or later before seeing him. All 5 appoinemts have been this way. He seems to always be dealing with sales reps at this time.
    in Summerville, SC |
    I am 73 years old and those years I have NEVER had a better and more caring doctor than Dr. John Mark Redwine.
    in Summerville, SC |
    My Dr. relocated so I saw his office partner, Dr. Redwine. Not terribly impressed. He did take the time to talk about my lab results, which I appreciated. However, he did not seem to know my health history, as if he hadn't reviewed them before seeing me. Also, he does not renew prescriptions on time, I don't know if it's him or his staff. I use the military pharmacy which contacts him when a renewal is due, but it's ignored until I call them and run out of the meds.
    in Goose Creek, SC |
    Very uncaring and blunt PA who spent about 2 minutes talking with me. I felt very disregarded, like she had better things to move on to. I had a lot of questions, which she responded to in an unkind manner.
    Summerville, SC |
    The staff in the front office have no idea what they are doing. The office needs to hire quality people which would improve the overall experience. I am sure if Dr Redwine knew the lack of urgency and care the staff had he would rethink his hiring process.
    in N. Charleston, SC |
    I've only been to Dr. Redwine once, his partner, who had now moved upstate, was my PCP...I had contracted a stomach/colon infection from handling raw chicken, pretty common actually....he started me on an anti-biotic immediately and had appropriate blood and stool tests run...I recovered after about 5 or 6 miserable days but lost 10 pounds, good. My impression of him is that he's certainly not the most happy-go-lucky guy I've ever met, very serious, doesn't crack a smile but a damn good doctor.
    Have you seen Dr. John Redwine, MD?
    Are you Dr. Redwine?

Dr. Redwine's Care Philosophy

Dr. Redwine's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
    •  Board certified in Family Practice
    •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Dr. Redwine has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Redwine's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
    • Asthma
    • Parkinson's Disease
    • Pneumonia

Medical University of South Carolina
      Medical University South Carolina Medical Center

Dr. Redwine does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Redwine and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Electrocardiogram (EKG)