Dr. John Redmond, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Southeast Orthopedic Specialists 2627 Riverside Ave # 300 Jacksonville, FL 32204 Get Directions
Dr. John Redmond, MD
Dr. Redmond is a graduate of the University of Minnesota Medical School. He then completed his residency in Orthopedic Surgery at Mayo Clinic. Following residency he completed a fellowship in advanced hip surgery and minimally invasive joint replacement in Chicago. While at Mayo Clinic, Dr. Redmond received the Joseph M Janes Award for compassion, competence, and devotion to the specialty of Orthopedics. He also received the Mayo Clinic Award for Knowledge in Orthopedics, the Mayo Clinic Award for Clinical Competency, and the Mayo Clinic Trauma Resident of the Year. During fellowship Dr. Redmond served as team physician for Hinsdale High School, the WNBA Chicago Sky, and the Joffrey Ballet. Dr. Redmond was formerly an assistant professor at Mayo Clinic Florida. He also served at Nemours Children's providing complex surgical care for hip disease. His practice specializes in adult reconstruction and complex hip disorders. He has been extremely active with research pertaining to hip disease, and has over 40 publications in the past four years on this topic. He lectures internationally on minimally invasive approaches to hip surgery. He has been voted best educator two years in a row.

Dr. Redmond's Experience

See how Dr. Redmond's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Redmond

Dr. Redmond accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Redmond is now accepting new patients
Riverside Clinic2627 Riverside Ave # 300
Jacksonville, FL 32204
(904) 634-0640Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Redmond has admitting privileges.

Dr. Redmond's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Redmond to family and friends
Dr. Redmond's Performance
in St Simons Island, GA |
Hands down the BEST!!! Dr. Redmond really listens to his patients. I had a total knee replacement on my left knee in early April. From start to finish, if I ever had an issue or question, he was there to do so. I just had my Right knee done yesterday and I feel pretty good. Less pain than the first one. I know I have a way to go but I am excited to see the final results. He actually called me the night before (not his assistant, him) to ask if I had any questions. Do yourself a favor! Choose Him
in St Augustine, FL |
10 years, three ortho docs and several years of online research brought me to Dr. Redmond. I had been told that no one would do surgery for a torn gluteus minimus. I discovered an article written by him and went to see him. He informed me of surgery risks, etc., and we decided to do the surgery. After 10 years of pain while walking, sleeping, etc., I am doing amazingly well. He also discovered an inflamed trochanteric bursa and removed it. He not only put me at ease, he did a great job!
in Jacksonville, FL |
I suffered at 49 with extreme hip pain for two years before seeing Dr. Redman. 90 days after hip replacement I am more active then I have been there n years. Dr. Redman and his team are exceptional and truly work to ensure his patients have a successful surgery and recovery. Highly recommend you see him !!
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Redmond is the best doctor I have ever had. His open form of communication is something I have not encountered with other physicians. His surgical talents are unmatched. He was able to get me back to my normal athletic routine sooner than I ever imagined. He also helped me get sponsored by Southeast Orthopedics by giving his recommendation.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Brilliant doctor. He performed surgery on my hip two years ago. My labrum was in very poor shape. He gave me a new one! He gave me a new life, for sure. I could barely walk before the surgery. Now, you should see me go! I am forever grateful to him.
in St Augustine, FL |
left hip replacement. anterior procedure. was walking next day pain free. It has been great to be adding things to my to do list instead of removing them. surgery was 2-16-17 released 5-10-17 to resume golfing and bowling. 65 years old.
Macclenny, FL |
Had I realized how easy the surgery and recovery would be, I would have had it done years earlier. My hip replacement made my life "normal" again and walking, getting in and out of cars, and putting on socks no longer were challenging. Dr. Redmond's technique and skill enabled my recovery to be without pain or even physical therapy.
in St Augustine, FL |
I did some research before I chose Dr. Redmond to do my total hip replacement. His schooling, background and specialty in doing hip surgery helped me make my decision. I am very pleased with the whole experience. Even with my complications of other hardware in my pelvis from a previous injury, he did a fabulous job of replacing the joint and evening up my leg length. I only used a walker for 3 days after surgery and never needed a cane. I would highly recommend Dr. Redmond for hip issues.
in St. Johns, FL |
Dr. Redmond did my two revisions on my hips over the past six months. Best I've felt over the past 18 years to seek relief.
in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL |
BRILLIANT!! AMAZING! Definitely a five-star surgeon! I chose Dr. Redmond to replace my hip based on his 5* reviews and the recommendation of my primary Mayo doctor. My surgery was initially scheduled for mid October 2016 but then he moved from Mayo November 1..I rescheduled for mid-November and was willing to suffer my aching hip for another month. It was worth it I was on opiods for 1 day & Iwalking with just a cane after one week! .He is very compassionate, and answers & questions thoughtfully
in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL |
I'm a Viet. vet. who needed both hips replaced. The left one done by the VA in 08/16; after surgery, I couldn't get the right 'til 01/17, so I went outside the VA, which scheduled me with Dr. Redmond's office, South East Orthopedic Spec. First appt. was in the mid Nov.; the office was like a well oiled machine - got in & out with a surgery appt. of 12/2/16. Dr. Redmond's professionalism was of the highest quality. He performed the anterior frontal approach - no PT & playing golf after 90 day
in Jacksonville, Fl |
I had a total hip replacement. Dr Redmond is an angel of all orthopedic surgeons! I absolutely love this man. I had surgery on Dec 1, in which I could barely walk prior. I was walking the day of surgery, with only a little post operative pain. Dr Redmond treated me like family. He called me the night before to ease my worries. If you want a great successful operation, call the best Doctor in town, John Redmond! I will always want him to operate on me, my family and my beloved dog, Duke.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I lived with severe hip pain for almost a year. After researching to find the best doctor, I was excited to see Dr. Redmond joining the Southeast Orthopedic group. In December I had a total right hip replacement. Dr. Redmond was extremely knowledge, professional and had excellent bedside care. Every step was explained thoroughly. I was up walking the next day and now walk two miles every day. In my opinion, he is the best doctor Jacksonville has to offer.
in Orange Park, FL |
I've suffered with hip pain most of my adult years with the past 3 being the worst. After seeing 3 different orthopedic specialists I was referred to Dr. John Redmond. My hip pain was so severe ability to ambulate, sit, sleep was becoming extremely difficult. Dr. Redmond diagnosed my condition & scheduled me for anterior hip replacement surgery. My recovery was unbelievably easy & I was back to work within 7 weeks. Because of Dr. Redmond I'm pain free and back living an active life!
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Redmond gets it done! Very pro-active approach. Very detailed rehab process after surgery. Efficient follow up process. Responsive assistance form P.A. Kevan Sharp.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I met Doctor John Redmond at the Mayo Hospital in Jacksonville. He said he could replace my left hip joint with a titanium replacement joint. Every step of the process was outlined verbally, with documents, imaging and follow ups with phone reminders. I entered the hospital for surgery @ 6 AM one day and was released 24 hours later. I could walk without crutches or a walker. Nine months later, I had the right hip joint also replaced by Dr. Redmond.
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL |
When I went to Mayo Clinic for severe hip pain, I was referred to Dr. Redmond, whose reputation as the "hip guy" preceded him. Dr. Redmond was thorough, a good listener, and patient, answering my questions about the surgery that he recommended. He was attentive during my recovery, and gave me specific instructions for my rehabilitation. Best of all, I am pain-free for the first time in two years and have resumed my regular activities. I have complete confidence in Dr. Redmond.
in Cape Canaveral, FL |
I had a total hip replacement in August at Mayo. I would highly recommend Dr. Redmond. I did a lot of research to find the best surgeon and I believe that I did!! I was up and moving right away and back to enjoying life!
Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Redmond is not only knowledgeable, he is caring and supportive. You cannot go wrong in choosing him as your doctor.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I had an extremely painful (bone on bone) knee for several years. Dr. Redmond answered all my questions and explained the details very patiently. He did my total knee replacement in April and I was up and about in just a few weeks. My surgery has been a great success! Not only is Dr. Redmond a phenomenal surgeon, but he has great bedside manners. He is compassionate and a very a good listener, which is so rare amongst surgeons. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Orange Park, FL |
Dr. Redmond performed my hip replacement at Mayo in April. The pain med prescriptions were a waste of money. There were no complications, pain or discomfort. The joint today is as tight as the day the good Lord made it. Dr. Redmond is a born artist.
in Atlantic Beach,Fl |
He is the greatest
in Jacksonville, FL |
The man is a miracle worker, a true artist. He fixed my hip when no other surgeon would go near it due to the complexity of my issues. I daresay my issue was not very difficult to fix in his eyes. He guaranteed 80% recovery, I'm 5 months in... And its at 120%. Dr. Redmond gave me my life back. Great bedside manner, truly compassionate. Phenomenal surgeon. He and his PA, Sarah, are a brilliant team. I would recommend them to ANYONE. The best hip surgeon around.
Have you seen Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Are you Dr. Redmond?

Compare Dr. Redmond

Dr. Redmond says...

Dr. Redmond says...

Dr. Redmond's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Redmond has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Redmond's Board Certifications

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Chicago Comprehensive Hip and Sports Medicine Fellowship

Completed in 2014

University of Minnesota / Duluth Campus

Graduated in 2000

Dr. Redmond does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Redmond and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Arthroscopy