Dr. John Redmond, MD

Dr. John Redmond, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Male

Dr. John Redmond, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Jacksonville, FL and has been practicing for 5 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.Read his story

Southeast Orthopedic Specialists

2627 Riverside Ave Ste 300

Jacksonville, FL 32204

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • HealthPartners
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Redmond's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Redmond's Top Procedures and Conditions

Hip Sprain

Dr. Redmond treats Hip Sprain more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Redmond treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)

Dr. Redmond treats Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis) more than 100% of his peers

Bursitis

Dr. Redmond treats Bursitis more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Redmond treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Elbow Bursitis

• Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Osteotomy
  • Runner's Knee
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Still's Disease
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Torticollis
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance

"Dr. Redmond is a graduate of the University of Minnesota Medical School. He then completed his residency in Orthopedic Surgery at Mayo Clinic. Following residency he completed a fellowship in advanced hip surgery and minimally invasive joint replace...

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

Dr. Redmond?
Dr. Redmond's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Redmond, MD
RecentMost Helpful
If you need your hip or knee replaced, Dr. John Redmond is Absolutely the best Orthopedic Surgeon in Northeast Florida. He replaced my right hip and left knee and if I did not know which hip and knee was replaced, I would not be able to tell you which was done. I'm now able to do the activities that I enjoy like boating and fishing. Dr. Redmond and his PA's Keven and Daniel are thoughtful, caring and sincere. Ferris Solomon
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Dr. Redmond did two TRH's a week apart a little over a year ago. He is an amazing surgeon. He takes his time to tell you what your options are and explained exactly what the surgery entailed. I was thrilled with the outcome. I was back playing tennis 12 weeks after the second surgery. I highly recommend Dr Redmond.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Dr Redmond did a total knee replacement for me using the Mako robot. I was amazed when he said I could have it done outpatient. The procedure was easy and I was home that very day. He and his PA Daniel Jose are skilled, knowledgeable and kind. The Physical therapy team at SE ortho Center 1 facility have been wonderful. It has been 12 weeks since my surgery and I am doing great. I would highly recommend Dr Redmond.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Total hip replacement. One day, in on Friday morning out Saturday before noon. Walking with no pain. It will be two weeks tomorrow. A great Doctor, a great surgical team and a great hospital. Totally pleased with the choice I made. Hope I don't need other replacements, but if I do Dr. Redmond is the guy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
A fantastic physician- so knowledgable and kind. My second hip replacement went beautifully after a nearly disasterous surgery on my other hip by another physician. I am exceedingly appreciative of this Dr. He changed my life back to being pain free and able to be active again. Jacksonville is most fortunate to have John Redmond!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Dr. Redmond performed my second hip replacement in Nov. I went home the next day, used a walking stick for a week just to make sure I did no harm. Let me just say that this was a SUPERIOR outcome especially compared to my first hip replacement by another surgeon (in hospital for 4 days, rehab facility for 5 days, used walker, suffered with anemia for months). I can't say enough about Dr. Redmond, and have referred friends, family & strangers to him. Recommend him w/o reservation!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
The Best! Incredibly knowledgeable, and current. Waited for Dr. Redmond specifically, as he had just come from Mayo Clinic and was trained on the Mako Robotics. Worth the wait! After care was amazing, and knee is 100%+. Recommend !! Thank You!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
I really can’t express the gratitude and admiration I have for these doctors who finally, after many other attempts, diagnosed my problem and fixed it in short order. I will be forever grateful to Dr. Hurford for the diagnosis and referral to Dr. Redmond for a hip replacement. I am so impressed with both of these caring professionals who have the skill and training to help people with chronic pain. The difference for me has been miraculous and life changing. Thank you SE Orthopedic!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
I am an 84 yr old female with osteoarthritis. I had my left knee replaced October, 2016 by Dr. Redmond. He did a total knee replacement robotically. He is one of very few doctors in Jacksonville, FL who does the surgery with this method. I spent only one night in the hospital. I have had NO PAIN. I am back walking two miles daily, going to Jazzercise 3 times week and dancing. My goal is 10000 steps daily and most days, I accomplish that!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Great Experience, easiest operation I have ever had. I recommend Dr Redmond and PA, Daniel Jose. I will return in the future if needed for other procedures/operations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
I have had two partial knee replacements within the last three years on both knees. My first replacement was done with a different surgeon and done with traditional surgery. The second surgery was done by Dr. Redmond robotically and highly recommended this procedure if you are a candidate for this type of surgery. Having gone through both types of surgery, the recovery time from the robotic surgery was cut in half from the traditional surgery. I was back to work within four weeks! He is GREAT!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
After over 20 years of running regularly on hard surfaces my hip became arthritic and I had to quit running. Over the next 6 years the arthritis progressed. When I could no longer endure the pain I chose Dr. Redmond to do a hip replacement. The results far exceeded my expectations. There was no pain. I started working out at my gym after 2 weeks to the day post op, and I was discharged from physical therapy at 4 weeks and was then walking a quick 1/2 mile. Many thanks, Dr. Redmond.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Dr Redmond replaced both a hip and knee within a 6 month period. Having seen and heard stories of especially knee surgery, I was pleasantly surprised with the ease of both surgeries and the short recovery time. I would highly recommend Dr Redmond and his staff to anyone looking for the highest quality care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
I had a total hip replacement on September 21, 2018. The procedure he performed was the anterior minimally invasive THR. I am amazed, (so is everyone who has seen my recovery) at how quickly I've been able to return to some of my normal activities. The incision is only 3 inches in length. At 3 weeks post-op, I walk a mile easily and usually do 4-5 miles for the entire day. I would tell anyone who is having a hip replacement to have Dr. Redmond perform their surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
I went into Dr. Redmond's office crying I was in so much pain. I had not been able to do anything for over a year my knee hurt so bad. It was determined that I needed a total knee replacement. The day of surgery I woke up and was no longer in pain. I went home the next day and have not been in pain since surgery. I just had my 3 month check up with Dr Redmond and hugged him and told him thank you for changing my life. I can now do things that i have not been able to do in so long.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
The best surgical experience I could of ever hoped for. Had Total Hip via "Anterior Approach" and was like normal in only a couple days. No Physical Therapy, no pain, If you know anyone who is having a hip done, the "Anterior Approach" is the way to go, no muscles are cut and healing is so quick. Dr. Redmond is the Doctor's Doctor, and one of the most talented physicians I have met in my 40 plus years in Hospital and Medical Administration. I am referring any relative or friends to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Dr. Redmond is the most caring and personable doctor I have ever met. He did a revision on my right hip, which had been totally replaced before, fixed it and resolved my pain. Then he totally replaced my right knee, which had already been totally replaced before and made my whole leg bow over only three years. He made my leg perfectly straight and again, resolved my pain. I can't say enough about this doctor but I recommend him to everyone I come across that is in need of hip and knee work.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Dr. J. Redmond is a thoughtful, patient, and excellent surgeon. Dr. Redmond took the time to discuss the anterior hip replacement surgery and why the surgery was best suited to my needs. I am thrilled with the care I have had since my first visit with Dr. Redmond. My anterior hip replacement surgery was a success and Dr. Redmond and his team have expertly guided the appropriate steps to ensure my successful recovery. Dr. Redmond is brilliant!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Cannot say enough good RE Dr. Redmond!His warmth&concern BEFORE my surgery were shocking!(He called me several times from his private phone just 2help me w/some paperwork issues!)I cannot imagine having a better experience w/TKR! I am 3mnths out&have NO pain whatsoever! I’m sure this surgery is different for everyone,but I have encountered 4 random people who,upon finding out/name of my surgeon,said,”His patients always seem to heal so quickly!”I am ready to have my other knee done!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
I recently had my hip replaced by Dr. Redmond using the anterior hip replacement method. The entire experience from first visit with Dr. Redmond to one month post surgery has been nothing but positive. I was pain-free after two years of intense pain immediately post surgery in the hospital and discharged after the second day. Dr. Redmond’s skill as a surgeon is brilliant, his bedside manner is extraordinary and I can recommend him without hesitation. Thank you Dr. Redmond!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Redmond?

Southeast Orthopedic Specialists

Bluegrass Family Health
Worker's Compensation WC
Commercial Insurance Company
HealthPartners
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Redmond treats patients.

Memorial Hospital