Dr. John Redmond, MD

Dr. John Redmond, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male

Telehealth services available

Dr. John Redmond, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Jacksonville, FL. Dr. Redmond has more experience with Hip/Pelvic Bones and Knee/Lower Limbs than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Memorial Hospital Jacksonville and Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Redmond to book an appointment.

Southeast Orthopedic Specialists

New Patient?
CenterONE Clinic10475 Centurion Pkwy N Ste 220 Jacksonville, FL 32256

Southeast Orthopedic Specialists-Riverside

New Patient?
Southeast Orthopedic Specialists- Riverside Clinic2627 Riverside Ave Ste 300 Jacksonville, FL 32204
    • Sat: closed

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Southeast Orthopedic Specialists

Dr. Redmond's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Redmond

Dr. Redmond?
My PCP recommended Southeast Orthopedic Specialists and I was set up with Dr Redmond. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I knew when I went in the first time that I was ready for knee replacements since I was bone on bone. Dr Redmond still took the time to explain more conservative treatment options. His staff was always very helpful and kind. I never had to ask more than once to have my concerns addressed. I had both knees done within 5 months of each other in 2019. When it was all said and done I wondered why I had waited so long. I give the Dr and the surgeries an A+++++! I am 70 years old and have better mobility than I have had in at least 10 years. I would encourage anyone having the surgery to listen to and faithfully follow all instructions including pre and post surgery PT and home exercises. I highly recommend Dr Redmond and his staff!
Sue S – Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Dr. Redmond came highly recommended and I see why. I too, now recommend him. He is very kind and will explain thoroughly what your options are and help you make the most informed decision regarding your medical needs.
Sandy – Aug 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Brief and informative...and if I needed further assistance call for an appointment
Jul 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Very pleased with my appointment with Dr. Redmond. In less than five minutes he had identified the problem I was having and offered a satisfactory solution. Happily, I will not need to return but if I did, I would not hesitate to see him again.
Mary Lyle – Jul 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Very personable and caring about my problem! Thank you!
Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
WHEN I CAME TO THIS DR HE ACTUALLY LISTENED & TOOK ME SERIOUSLY WITH THE CONCERN I HAD GOING WITH MY HIP. & THEY DIDN'T TREAT ME DIFFERENT BECAUSE OF MY EYE SIGHT I HAVE ROP & NYSTAGMUS WHERE MY EYES MOVE ON THERE ON THEY TREATED ME LIKE PATIENT THAT GOES ABOVE & BEYOND. NOW I WILL BE GETTING SURGERY TO GET MY ACTIVITIES BACK AM SO EXCITED AND NERVOUS BUT I NOW I WILL HAVE FABULOUS TEAM LOOKING OUT FOR ME. GOD BLISS YOU ALL XOXO .
Brandie hall – Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Set up and replaced my knee quick recovery and was done robotic.
Debra Geisinger – Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Dr. Redmond waa amazing. I had hip replacement with a different Dr. This Dr. broke my femur and did not fix it. Dr. Redmond had to fix the mess the other Dr. made, he did a great job, but I will never walk normal or be out of pain.
LAURA P RUSSELL – May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
I am Scheduled to have hip surgery in a month with him. I called his office and told them I was out of the pain medication that another doctor had given me and that that medication was the only thing that had helped me with the serve pain I have been in. I felt Daniel doctor Redmond’s PA didn’t know what was my history was. He told me that they don’t give pain medication before their patients have surgery. Well if I didn’t have pain why on earth would I be having surgery??? And if he knew my history I can’t believe that would hold true in my case. So what you said and my experience I’m getting very uncomfortable having surgery with this practice. My biggest fear is I won’t be kept comfortable after surgery and if what you said about not being able to get a call back from the doctor or nurse it’s giving me anxiety. I was also told last week I would get a email with the appointments regarding my surgery schedule. I Never received it.
May 04, 2020
I apologize for your experience. The state of...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Excellent. I had a robotic knee replacement and the recovery was amazing. Dr. Redmond is an excellent Dr. whom I would highly recommend.
Yvonne Mole – Mar 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
i was left limping and in significant pain after a routine procedure and none of the staff, including Dr. Redmond, cared enough to respond to my repeated requests for help over the course of 2 full days despite repeated attempts to reach him or any supervisor for help.
Dan G – Jan 16, 2020
Dan, I apologize for your experience....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
I am one week out from a full left hip replacement and am in awe of the results. I can perform virtually all daily functions, including walking, without assistance. Dr. Redmond's surgical abilities are incredible. In addition, he is extremely personable and professional. I highly recommend this physician.
Laurie S – Jan 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
From beginning to the rehab process (just one week out) Dr. Redmond has taken the "team" concept and made it exceed all expectations. He's clearly the leader and is on the cutting edge of replacement surgery. His team is "all in" on giving the highest level of care from the initial consultation to post-op appointments, even down to keeping your wait time down in the office. The cooperative relationship with St. Vincents Southside was ideal, creating a helpful and knowledgeable environment for prep and recovery. So many people to applaud and thank, I wish I knew all their names. Moh, my nurse, Tasiha, the office nurse and countless others are real pro's who are actual caregivers. As good as it gets. Highly recommended. Sam Kouvaris
Sam Kouvaris – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Very professional, excellent results!!
Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
I had a total right hip replacement September 2019, after probably a year of excruciating pain, getting injections and doing the duck waddle. I am pain free, (other than actual incision area), walking normally without assistance and getting the best sleep I have had in a long, long time! Dr. Redmond is one of the most dedicated and caring doctors I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He also has an amazing team that all work together to make sure you feel totally taken care of...Amy, the team care coordinator is awesome as is the PA, Allen Kent and Dr. Redman’s nurse, Tashia. I also felt like his surgical team at St. Vincent’s was absolutely the best. I would definitely give an A+ rating for Dr. Redmond. I see evidence of his work in my rehab...Dr. Redmond’s patients , myself included, have recovered much faster. My thanks him and to his team.
Donna Lemmond in FL – Oct 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
I did extensive research to find what I believe to be the best orthopedic surgeon to do my knee replacements. I sought out patient referrals, physician referral and read online reviews. Dr. John Redmond was at the top of my list. He did my right knee two weeks ago and he will do my left knee in two weeks. I’m presently walking without assistance in less than two weeks making great progress. I was told by another healthcare professional that Dr. Redmond had magic hands and his patients recovered quicker than normal. I’m not sure about the magic, but I feel blessed that he was able to take me as a patient. He mentioned to me that he loves what he does. How fortunate he and his patients are. I’ve seen his support staff referred to as “Team Redmond.” He has assembled a supporting cast that shares his professionalism, compassion, and a high degree of patient/customer service. I personally dealt with Team Redmond patient coordinator Amy, physician assistant Allen and RN Tashia. The
Bob Hines in Fleming Island, FL – Sep 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
I had a total hip replacement in July of 2019. My experience has been amazing. The quality of the implants are the best but the procedure still requires skill and experience. Dr. Redmond is the best option. He is one of the top surgeons for joint replacement in the U.S. and my experience has supported that fact.
Alan – Sep 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Dr Redmond is the best ortho surgeon in the area. He and his team are very professional. They answer all questions and are very kind and friendly. Dr Redmond practices at an orthopedic center of excellence and as expected the surgical outcomes are first rate. The total care and experience is first rate.
Sep 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
Dr. Redmond replaced my right hip on July 2nd. It was a great experience. From the 1st time I met him until my most recent follow up, Dr. Redmond and his staff were courteous, professional, deeply knowledgeable, and comforting. I was walking the same day and off of a walker and cane within 2 weeks. I am convinced my speedy recovery was largely attributed to Dr. Redmond's skillful surgical approach. I am free of pain and walking normal again. I would highly recommend Dt. Redmond and his tremendous supporting staff. My grade would be an A+.
Jim O'Leary – Aug 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?
In May 2019, I had my right hip replaced by Dr. Redmond and his team. They did a wonderful job. Their precision totally eliminated the pain I had been experiencing. Dr. Redmond was a very caring doctor who showed real l concern and took the time to fully explain the procedure. Now, after completing the prescribed therapy, I can walk with no limp and no pain. I would give Dr Redmond and his team A+++!!!
Pat O'Leary – Aug 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Redmond, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Redmond?

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. John Redmond, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Communicate via email?

Dr. Redmond accepts

Dr. Redmond accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Commercial Insurance Company
HealthPartners
Preferred PPO
Select HMO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Hip/Pelvic Bones

Hip surgery includes arthroscopy, fracture repair, resurfacing, and replacment to treat conditions affecting the hip, such as arthritis, dysplasia, and injuries.Compare with other Hip/Pelvic Bones specialists.

Typically treats 88% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)

Dr. Redmond treats Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis) more than 100% of their peers

Hip Sprain

Dr. Redmond treats Hip Sprain more than 100% of their peers

Osteoarthritis of Hip

Dr. Redmond treats Osteoarthritis of Hip more than 99% of their peers

Dr. Redmond treats this condition more than 99% of their peers

Knee/Lower Limbs

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.Compare with other Knee/Lower Limbs specialists.

Typically treats 79% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 14 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Runner's Knee

Dr. Redmond treats Runner's Knee more than 100% of their peers

Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Redmond treats Osteoarthritis of Knee more than 99% of their peers

Dr. Redmond treats this condition more than 99% of their peers

Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)

Dr. Redmond treats Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip) more than 95% of their peers

Dr. Redmond treats this condition more than 95% of their peers

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Runner's Knee
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Still's Disease
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Torticollis
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance

Dr. Redmond is a board-certified fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Redmond is a graduate of the University of Minnesota Medical School. He then completed his residency in Orthopedic Surgery at Mayo Clinic. Following residency, he completed a...Read more

2014
Mayo Medical School
2000
University of Minnesota / Duluth Campus

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Redmond communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Redmond offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Redmond offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Redmond have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Redmond offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Redmond offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (904) 634-0640