Dr. John Rau, MD
Contact provider for availability

Dr. John Rau, MD

Family Medicine | Male

I encourage all my patients to practice preventive medicine.

Dr. John Rau, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Greenwood, IN. He has been practicing for 7 years. Dr. Rau is affiliated with Franciscan Health Indianapolis .

Dr. Rau's Experience

See how Dr. Rau's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rau

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Rau has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rau's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rau to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Rau's Performance
in Indianapolis , IN |
Wonderful doctor! Intelligent, asks the right questions, great bedside manner!
in Indianapolis,Indiana |
Dr.Rau is an excellent doctor. Very thorough, and doesn't rush through a visit. Always takes care of our family! I highly recommend Dr.Rau.
in Indianapolis, IN |
Very inconsiderate/rude. Basically told me he thought I was crazy and told me I was wrong about what I thought I was feeling. He told me that the only reason he even addressed my concerns in the first place was because I was quote "freaking out". At that point, he told me I should go on anxiety medication and he could talk to me again in a few months. Went to another doctor who was a specialist, and that doctor said I needed surgery. The staff at this office are also very rude.
Indianapolis, IN |
worst doctor I have encountered in my life. He has 0 interest in his patients. I wouldn't recommend John Rau to anyone. If you are paying for a service at least go to the doctor where you feel welcomed. His nurse called me and was extremely rude and was screaming at me. when I asked her not too scream at me she replied by said sweetheart you would know if I was screaming at you. I have had it with them I have also reported this issue. Never going back there!
Indianapolis Indiana |
I had bronchitis. He told me to come back if I couldn't walk 5 to 6 feet without stopping to get my breath. On my 3rd visit because I was still sick, he told me he didn't know what to do for me and walked out of the room. I would never go back and never recommend him.
in Indianapolis, IN |
Prompt and courteous. Knows what he is talking about. Takes appropriate time. Always asks if there is any thing else before you leave. Never in a rush. Tries to help you minimize the number of medications you are on. Sets aside time each day for same day appointments when necessary. Office is organized.
Have you seen Dr. John Rau, MD?
Are you Dr. Rau?

Compare Dr. Rau

Dr. Rau's Care Philosophy

I encourage all my patients to practice preventive medicine.

Dr. Rau's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Dr. Rau does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Rau and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

In Univ Sch Of Med

Graduated in 2010

Dr. Rau does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rau and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Rau does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Rau and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.