Dr. John Qian, MD

Dr. John Qian, MD

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation | Male | 59 years old

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Qian specializes in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and practices in San Diego, CA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Qian? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Qian's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Qian's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Qian

Dr. Qian accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Qian has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Qian
Dr. Qian's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (30)
in El Cajon, CA |
I was referred to Dr. Qian 2 months ago and since that time I have been trying to get scheduled but they do not answer their phone at all, I sewear I left 5 voice messages asking them to get back to me and they never did. Finally today someone answered ... she was so rude when I asked her why you do not get back to me as I left too many messages... she almost screamed and was not professional... I will never go to him. He should know understand that he is lossing patients because of bad staff
in Anaheim, CA |
He is very cold and sarcastic and imtimidating.
in San Diego, CA |
This doctor treated me for almost a year and when my conditions turned worse, they discharged me from their care under false assumptions without ever consulting with my other doctors and acknowledging hospital reports, nor my own report of pain. When I broke down and told the doctor that my life was getting difficult to get through, day by day, he assumed it as a suicide threat, reduced my medication and literally kicked me out of his office. I didn't even ask to increase my medication.
in San Diego |
Dr Qian is an excellent listener. He is my husband's doctor and we are happy with the level of care and professionalism at his practice. Particularly like the efficiency of his office staff in scheduling the follow-up appointments before leaving. His pain management contract is completely reasonable and self-explanatory. Bottom line, if you follow the rules and are honest and upfront about your health habits between appointments, the doctor-patient relationship will be rewarding.
in Chula Vista Ca. |
The most unprofessionally run office I've ever experienced! They never answer their phone, they say they'll submit something for approval but won't, they'll set up an apt to do a procedure (have you get the day off from work as well as your driver) then unapologetically say you're not on their schedule. It's shocking how little they care for their patients! Go anywhere else but here!
in San Diego, CA |
Referred to Dr. Qian by my PCP. Spoke with his admin assistant who asked that my primary send over copies of my medical records so the doctor could review my history before seeing me. All good so far. Then suddenly Qian received a huge amount of referrals as a result of new rules limiting prescription writing of controlled substances to pain mgmt specialists. Consequently, his staff will call me back in 2-3 months to schedule me in another 2_-3 months! NOT ACCEPTABLE! Staff says he sees 100/day!
in San Diego, CA |
I would recommend Dr. Qian (pronounced chain) to others. Dr. Qian is knowledgeable, experienced, and has a very warm demeanor. He is top notch giving injections and vigilant in prescribing proper meds. His current office staff (2016) is very good as well, however they are very busy and (IMHO) could use 2 more staff members to answer questions and return calls. One caveat; waiting room times are lengthy due to rapid growth in his practice at new location. Bring a book for appt..
Have you seen Dr. John Qian, MD?
Are you Dr. Qian?

Compare Dr. Qian

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.