Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation  |
Dr. John Qian, MD
Dr. John Qian, MD is a physical medicine & rehabilitation doctor who practices in San Diego, CA. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

5395 Ruffin Rd Ste 204

San Diego, CA 92123

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Sharp Health Plan
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Qian

Dr. Qian's Experience

Dr. Qian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

• Cerebral Palsy
  • Chronic Pain
  • Heel Spur
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for California.

• Bengbu Med Sch
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • University Ark Med Scis
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Loma Linda University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Qian has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Qian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Qian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Qian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Qian to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Qian's Performance
in Nixa, MO |
Dr. Qian is one of the most exceptional doctors that I have had the pleasure to be a patient of. I had to move to Missouri and I have been trying so hard to get ahold of him as I need his attention. I have called the office many times and ask them to please have the doctor call me at my home line or my cell phone. I was told they would make sure Dr Qian would get the message. So I have gone to lengths to try to reach out to him. But as a patient of his for the last 13 years he is just awesome.
in Coronado, CA |
every one is nice and attentive and the Dr (s) are genuinely attentive to my issue and provide a number of pain management options. I am content with my diagnosis that they have come up with it all makes perfect sense and helps me be careful not to aggravate it more. Thank you all
san diego ca |
I have no idea who he is and can not judge his quality of care, but I can judge the experience i had with the rudest staff i have ever encountered. I was referred to him by the VA and they had no clue what that was. I arrived 30min early and 1hr and a half later I still was not seen. When I asked how much longer I was told they don't know, it's always a long wait. Well I'm not sure if that is acceptable in your world but not in mine.
Poway, CA |
The worst clinic I ever visited. Rude staff. They are very unprofessional. After three visits, one worst than the other, I decided to go elsewhere.
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. Qian Is an excellent pain specialist. He has kept me alive for over ten years my due date. I avoided pain management like the plaque until backed into a corner hospice or take the referral ; but knew a day would come that my tolerance would exceed the amount needed to keep me stable. That could be another 10 years if not for the new laws. He will do his best to help you.
in lakeside |
Horrible!! I've written reviews already,my poor mom just had hip replacement surgery and see's wound care every week for debriement and just got a stent put in. The staff is EXTREMELY rude, didn't give a heads up that ALL new patients have to have a psych eval. And staff complains about doing paper work.. then get out of the medical field. We came prepared and they treated my mom like crap. She's new to all this. And now she's out of meds because his staff doesn't know how to do their jobs!
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. Qian is the best doctor I've received care from regarding chronic pain. I've been seen and treated by almost ten in the same field here in San Diego and New York. Dr. Qian revised my poorly implanted Spinal Stimulator and I was able to reduce my opiate intake by 60%. He listens, cares and is well liked by his patients. He is remarkably qualified, I would recommend him to anyone who is dealing with chronic pain.
San Diego, CA |
I was very disappointed with Dr. John Qian, MD as well as staff. They do not call to remind for appointments, nor do they return calls. Wait times to see the doctor has consistently been greater than an hour, followed with rushed visits. On my first visit, which was less than 5 minutes, he took no notes. I've even experienced where his verbal recommendations to me made no sense and after questioning him, it became obvious to me he was reading someone else's records.
in San Diego, CA |
I have been seeing Dr Qian for several years for chronic pain issues for a couple different ailments. He is the best for finding the source and alleviating pain. He is a get to the point doctor, dry sense of humor,skilled advocste of pain relief.
in Poway, CA |
Hires incompetent personnel that answers the phone, can't send orders to MRI office. Than wants you to find MRI fax number to send orders. Dr. Qian you really need to hire competent personnel, instead of having your patients do their job for you. Jeffrey Romeo
San Diego, CA |
I have been seeing Dr. Qian for several years and his office staff only gets worse. He was firing everyone every month there for awhile. His newest Receptionist is rude, unapologetic and lacks compassion. They never return calls, so if you ever get a return call, consider yourself privileged. Dr. Qian doesn't care what my problems are, he just wants to give me meds. He always says "get injections". He runs his office like a cattle call...move em in, move em out.
in El Cajon, CA |
I was referred to Dr. Qian 2 months ago and since that time I have been trying to get scheduled but they do not answer their phone at all, I sewear I left 5 voice messages asking them to get back to me and they never did. Finally today someone answered ... she was so rude when I asked her why you do not get back to me as I left too many messages... she almost screamed and was not professional... I will never go to him. He should know understand that he is lossing patients because of bad staff
in Anaheim, CA |
He is very cold and sarcastic and imtimidating.
in San Diego, CA |
This doctor treated me for almost a year and when my conditions turned worse, they discharged me from their care under false assumptions without ever consulting with my other doctors and acknowledging hospital reports, nor my own report of pain. When I broke down and told the doctor that my life was getting difficult to get through, day by day, he assumed it as a suicide threat, reduced my medication and literally kicked me out of his office. I didn't even ask to increase my medication.
in San Diego |
Dr Qian is an excellent listener. He is my husband's doctor and we are happy with the level of care and professionalism at his practice. Particularly like the efficiency of his office staff in scheduling the follow-up appointments before leaving. His pain management contract is completely reasonable and self-explanatory. Bottom line, if you follow the rules and are honest and upfront about your health habits between appointments, the doctor-patient relationship will be rewarding.
in Chula Vista Ca. |
The most unprofessionally run office I've ever experienced! They never answer their phone, they say they'll submit something for approval but won't, they'll set up an apt to do a procedure (have you get the day off from work as well as your driver) then unapologetically say you're not on their schedule. It's shocking how little they care for their patients! Go anywhere else but here!
in San Diego, CA |
Referred to Dr. Qian by my PCP. Spoke with his admin assistant who asked that my primary send over copies of my medical records so the doctor could review my history before seeing me. All good so far. Then suddenly Qian received a huge amount of referrals as a result of new rules limiting prescription writing of controlled substances to pain mgmt specialists. Consequently, his staff will call me back in 2-3 months to schedule me in another 2_-3 months! NOT ACCEPTABLE! Staff says he sees 100/day!
in San Diego, CA |
I would recommend Dr. Qian (pronounced chain) to others. Dr. Qian is knowledgeable, experienced, and has a very warm demeanor. He is top notch giving injections and vigilant in prescribing proper meds. His current office staff (2016) is very good as well, however they are very busy and (IMHO) could use 2 more staff members to answer questions and return calls. One caveat; waiting room times are lengthy due to rapid growth in his practice at new location. Bring a book for appt..
Have you seen Dr. John Qian, MD?
Are you Dr. Qian?