Dr. John Prunskis, MD

Dr. John Prunskis, MD

Pain Medicine  |

Dr. John Prunskis, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Lake Barrington, IL. He is 61 years old. Read his story

Illinois Pain Institute

22285 N Pepper Rd Ste 302

Lake Barrington, IL 60010

• Anthem
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Community Care
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Prunskis

See how frequently Dr. Prunskis performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Spondylosis
Nerve Block, Somatic

Dr. Prunskis's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Prunskis' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Prunskis "John V. Prunskis, M.D. FIPP, is one of Illinois’ most esteemed pain management specialists. Dr. Prunskis is an eight-time winner of the Castle Connolly Top Pain Doctor Award as voted by his peers (1999, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014), and has been honored as a US News and World Report Top Physician (2014). Board certified in anesthesiology, pain management and achieving the highest distinction for an interventional pain physician as a Fellow in Interventional Pain Practice (FIPP), Dr. Prunskis is founder and co-Medical Director of the Illinois Pain Institute and is a Clinical Professor at Chicago Medical School. He earned his medical degree at Rush Medical College of Chicago and went on to complete his anesthesiology residency and fellowship training at the University of Chicago. He is an examiner for the interventional pain certification examination. A frequent lecturer, Dr. Prunskis is Secretary of the Illinois Society of Interventional Pain Physiciansand is an active member of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, American Pain Society, McHenry County Medical Society (past president), the American Academy of Pain Management, the International Spinal Injection Society and the Illinois State Medical Society (Delegate)."

This content was provided by Dr. Prunskis "Welcome to the Illinois Pain Institute, Chicagoland’s leading and longest-established, multi-site pain management practice. Our doctors specialize in the precise diagnosis and treatment of neck, back, sciatica, headache and other painful conditions."

• Pain Medicine

• Botox® Injection
  • Discography
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Injection
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epidural Steroid Injections
  • Facet Block
  • Facet Joint Injection
  • Injection
  • Intercostal Nerve Block
  • Intradiscal Electrothermic Therapy (IDET)
  • Joint Injection
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Stem Cell Therapy
  • Vertebroplasty

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Undergraduate School | Graduated 1977
  • Rush Medical College Of Rush University
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University of Illinois
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

• Medical Society President, 2004
  • 5 time winner Top Pain Doctor Award as voted by his physician peers and published in Chicago Magazine, 2010

Dr. Prunskis has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese
  • French
  • Hungarian
  • Japanese
  • Lithuanian
  • Polish
  • Russian

Dr. Prunskis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Prunskis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Prunskis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Prunskis to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Prunskis' Performance
Overall an incredible doctor. Multiple issues he has treated each and everyone of them. Highly professional. I got my life back the minute I became a patient of his.
Hands down, one of the best I've ever had medical wise.
Dr. Prunskis is improving my health
I have had a good experience doctor and staff have been very good to me again trying to fix all my pain issues.
he has taken care of some painful areas so i can contiue to live my life
direct to the point with fantastic results. the doctor listens well and i have excellent results with all treatments he has provided. l believe this is because he actually listens and reasses prior to each treatment . number one care.
Long time patient with great results of his care and diagnosis
pleased with explaining thingd refills r not a problem acts professionally excellent at going over areas
He is wonderful. He listens, cares and really helps to make me feel better/less pain.
eases my pain
good
Its been punctual and on target
I have had several procedures with Dr. Prujskis and understand that if the pain or other discomfort excsts, I can rely on the doctor to evaluate and treat the problem.
I've been seeing him for years and he's one of the few doctors that not just takes the time to listen but also explain things.
He is very kind and knows exactly how to treat a person with chronic pain. I trust him to help me relieve my back pain and decrease my use of pain medication.
Dr Prunskis has been a life-saver for myself, my husband, and our son! All with different issues, all really positive results. I appreciate his on-time professional scheduling, his listening and questioning skills, and of course his procedures that have given me back my normal daily activity! So very grateful!!!!
I got injured at work over a decade ago, and have suffered with chronic pain the forced my quality of life to become a daily struggle. I've been to several doctors and pain clinics, been put on several medications to alleviate pain, always with a barely livable result. There was no hope for recovery or encouraging news from any doctor I saw, that gave me any hope of my live been anywhere near normal like it was before my injury.
in Dundee, IL |
When I started with Dr Prunskis, I was unable to stand when getting out bed. I'd crawl on hands & knees to a table to stand up. I limped & waddled when I walked. I went downstairs backwards & up stairs using both arms & legs. Now I go up & downstairs normally. I get out of bed & stand up. Distance walking is still a little difficult but II walk normally, stop & rest a few seconds, walk normally, stop & rest a few seconds.... Now I can push through it & I don't walk like a penguin anymore!
Mchenry, IL |
Upon arrival the front desk staff said you have co payment of.., not hello, good morning. Doctor was nice but condescending, I will admit I was emotional (due to pain) but he didn't listen when I tried to speak, he repeatedly interrupted me mid sentence. I was only trying to correct his information in regards to my situation. I felt he had an agenda before even listening to entire situation. Office was NOT chartless which I found surprising since they have several locations and physicians.
in Elk Grove Village, IL |
Had a bulging disc in my neck about three years ago. Got 3 cortisone shots within 6-7 months. No pain ever since. Knows his stuff.
in Huntley, IL |
After being treated by the Illinois Pain INstitiute and Dr Prunskis, I found the staff slow and incompetent and the staff very ready to perform costly and painful; procedures without a real plan in place.
Have you seen Dr. John Prunskis, MD?

Visit Dr. Prunskis

Dr. Prunskis accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • Anthem
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Cross