Dr. John Prather, DDS

• Guardian
  • MetLife
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Prather

Dr. John L. Prather is an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon serving the West Chester and Middletown areas for more than 30 years. Dr. Prather is experienced in Corrective Jaw Surgery, Facial Trauma & Reconstructive Surgery and Ceramic Implants. He is a professional member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the American Dental Society of Anesthesia and the American Dental Association.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Bone Grafting
  • Corrective Jaw Surgery
  • Facial Reconstruction
  • General Anesthesia
  • IV Sedation
  • Sinus Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Education data for Dr. Prather is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Prather has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Prather has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Prather does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Prather and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Prather's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Prather to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Prather's Performance
It was good. Everyone was really nice.
ok
The entire experience was delightful. well as delightful as possible when it comes to pulling teeth.
I was treated appropriately by all staff members.
Dr. Prather and the entire staff are both professional and very kind. Very, very satisfied. Would highly recommend.
Said what he needed to do and did it.
I always have a great experience with Dr. Prather and his office. Thank you for your great job!
im glad its done
waited 45min before i was even numbed. however the actual extraction was painless. thats the most important thing to me. he was great!
friendly
This is the first surgery i've ever had and it was wonderful. The doctor walked me through everything and answered all my questions . The staff was very comforting , made me feel like i was a priority the whole time i was there.
Very fast paced office!
excellent. much better and friendler than the last dentist who pulled one of my teeth.experience
staff friendly
DR.Prather made the surgery a breeze, the secretaries and assitants were all helpful in answering questions as well. Glad i came here for the surgery. 10/10
wonderful
VERY patient. More than willing to answer all my questions and alleviate my fears. I am very anxious with dental work and he and his staff did a great job of reassuring me. I would recommend to anyone!
Chelsea was our assistant, she was wonderful and very helpful. Everyone in the office was great.
I had to have a decayed wisdom tooth pulled. It had been several years since I'd had a tooth pulled so I was very anxious. But Dr. Prather and his staff were gentle and caring. My tooth was out before I knew it! I would definitely recommend Dr. Prather and his staff!
Dr. Prather did a wonderful job. I was surprised with how quick and easy the procedure was. I worked myself up over this surgery when really it was one of the easiest. Very very satisfied.
I was a very worried patient, who had never undergone any surgical experience prior to my wisdom teeth extraction. The entire staff was very comforting and explained everything very well. I always felt safe and well taken care of.
I think he is wonderful!
I was extremely apprehensive to have a tooth extracted without being put to sleep but was assured by the receptionist that the experience wouldn't be as bad as I was making things out to be. When I arrived to the office the receptionist was quite welcoming, remembering speaking to me on the phone and put me at immediate ease by again reassuring me that I was in excellent hands. Although my wait was a bit longer than I was used to, once I was called back, the staff was ve...
The doctor and staff were very helpful at explaining pre-op and post-op instructions. I received a follow up call from the staff the day of my surgery just to ensure that everything was going well.
I wouldn't recommend anybody else, a very genuine caring surgeon who goes out of his way to make his patients happy and accommodate their needs.
Dr Prather did great with my son. He was understanding, Quick, efficient and trusted.
in West chester, OH |
The staff was not welcoming during the consultation or day of surgery. I felt like I was bothering everyone by being there. Dr. Prather did not attempt to make me feel comfortable. I did not feel anything during my tooth extractions which is a plus. During the follow up, I had to ask the girl to wear gloves and she took the tools out of a drawer that did not look sterile. Monique at the reception desk was helpful over the phone easing concerns.
West Chester, OH |
It wasn't good especially the last appointment I had. They put the healing cap on too tight for my implant and during our dentist visit, we had to drive all the way down to his Middletown office for literally like a 2 second visit to get the cap loose. He wasn't too welcoming when I stepped in, and whenever I went up to the West Chester office I felt like everybody there only saw dollar signs. I was very disappointed....
in West Chester, OH |
To say I was terrified is an understatement. I had a molar extracted under local, and Dr. Prather made sure I was totally numb. I did not feel a thing. That was yesterday. Today, I am getting ready to go to a Pickleball tournament (observing) Feel great!!! He certainly instills confidence in his patients. I will never fear an extraction under local again.
Have you seen Dr. John Prather, DDS?

Visit Dr. Prather