Dr. John Powers, DPM

Podiatric Surgery ·  Male · Age 50

Dr. Powers

Dr. John Powers, DPM is a podiatric surgery specialist in Tucson, AZ and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from Ohio College Of Podiatric Medicine in 1997 and specializes in podiatric surgery, sports medicine, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Powers accepts

Dr. Powers accepts the following insurance:

Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
Health Net
Health Net PPO
Health Net of Arizona, Inc.
Health Net of Arizona HMO
PacifiCare PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Powers' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Powers' Top Procedures and Conditions

Ankle Sprains and Strains

Dr. Powers treats Ankle Sprains and Strains more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Powers treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture

Dr. Powers treats Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Powers treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Achilles Tendon Rupture

• Plantar Fasciitis
  • Sports Medicine Surgery
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Wound Care and Management

When it comes to my practice, I treat all of my patients like they are a member of my family. I spend as much time with them as needed to listen and explain conditions and treatment options in ways they can understand and ensure all questions are ans...

• Podiatric Surgery

4.4

Dr. Powers?
Dr. Powers' Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Powers, DPM
I NEVER write online reviews, but I believe that Dr. Powers has given me my life back after surgery on both feet/legs for nerve entrapment/tarsal tunnel after 10+ years of suffering. Now post surgery 120 days on leg #1, and 30 days on leg #2, I can say that swelling & hypersensitivity is immensely reduced, and pain/numbness is almost completely gone (I'm now planning a hike & joining a gym)! Dr. Powers is a caring & very knowledgeable doctor/surgeon. I thank him .... and highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
Dr. Powers explained every step before and after my surgical procedure. I was extremely satisfied with my foot surgery that he performed. His surgical staff was very caring and professional. I experienced very little pain and swelling. My recovery went very WELL.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
I had seen another podiatrist prior to Dr. Powers. All she recommended to rid the pain were some ugly shoes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
Dr. Powers helped me with foot and leg pain. He surgically removed a neuroma and corrected peripheral neuropathy in my legs and feet. I always trusted him and felt safe and well-cared for with his diagnosis and treatment. I would recommend him to anyone needing such help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
Having diabetic neuropathy can be very debilitating for someone who works on their feet 12 hours a day. Dr Powers gave me my livelihood back by simply being the kind of Dr. who listens, ask questions, talks with you straight and gives you options to review. After researching my options we decided on Tarsal Tunnel surgery. The results on the right leg and foot were so successful we did the left leg and foot. I highly recommend Dr. Powers and his staff, a great addition to my family. Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
He did Tarsal tunnel surgery on my foot. $2000 out of my pocket and a painful rehab. I went to two other podiatrists later on who told me they never do my type of surgery without first doing a nerve conduction study-which Powers never did. (they both said my type of surgery was rare). When I did the N.C. study it was found I had neuropathy-not tarsal tunnel syndrome! I trusted Powers. That was a mistake. He's in it to get money out of your pocket. If he recommends surgery, get another opinion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
Dr. Powers was very professional and gave me excellent patient care. He identified the bone spur on the big toe joint and hammer toe on adjoining toe. He was thorough and was very accurate in describing the healing process. He has a great sense of humor and was a pleasure to work with. The end result is no more pain!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
At my first appointment it became clear that Dr Powers was the first and only doctor who read all the previous diagnoses, and reviewed the x-rays, CAT scans, and MRIs of all the specialists I had been seeing for the previous two years. He speaks plain English and quickly and correctly diagnosed my foot drop problem as a nerve constraint issue while talking to ME, not a COMPUTER. He performed minor surgery, which has restored total control over my foot. I have full faith in Dr Powers' ability.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
I was very pleased with the amount of knowledge and caring Dr. Powers and his staff show their patients. The minute I walked into his office I had a good feeling. His MA was great, she was caring and listened to me about my issue. I saw how Dr. Powers interacted with another client before me and he was the same way with me. He was great informing me on what the treatment options were for my condition. At the time of my surgery he spent time with me and my husband answering all our questions
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
Dr John Powers was excellent. He and his staff were professional, courteous, on time. Dr Powers has full knowledge and ability in his care for my foot and subsequent surgery. I am happy to recommend him to everyone. Thank you Dr Powers!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
I recommend Dr. Powers without hesitation. He is caring, competent, and personable. Having had a number of surgeries on my foot since the age of six, I've experienced a number of physicians--orthopedists and podiatrists--and would rank Dr. Powers as one of the very best among them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
Dr. Powers removed a bunion and bone spurs from my left foot last fall. By following his directions and guidance, I am recovering successfully and fully satisfied with the surgery (the incisions look great). Dr. Powers always had time to answer my many questions, and his staff, no matter who you talked with, were helpful and made sure each visit was positive. I may need surgery on my right foot in future years and for sure I"ll go back to Dr. Powers!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
Dr. Powers is wonderful! He took care of my son with the best care possible. He is very professional and compassionate about his patients well being. He explains all details about the care needed and listens to every concern. Not only did he call the day after my sons surgery to check on him, he also called me back on a Saturday when I had a concern. Dr. Powers is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
Run the opposite direction if he wants to operate!! Operated about 4 yrs ago.. I've been in more pain than I ever was before the operation ..was told need nerve decompression, never helped just created my pain .. please get a good second opinion you'll be glad you did !! Do not let him operate!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
Dr Powers is wonderful and helpful. had surgery on Friday every thing went great very good Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
Not enough room to write review had to do again..lol sorry But now my sister is getting treatment my dad making appointment and my brother is on his way as well..so all my family is going because..they see a difference in me!. They see how much bettter i am walking & lil or no pain..so they are going as well..SO if you want to be bettter I would suggest you do what i did and go see DR.POWERS &HIS AWSOME STAFF believe me you wont regret it..& to be in hardly, anymore pain is worth every penny!!??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
Dr. Powers is someone I would recommend without hesitation because his down to earth!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
Dr. Powers is a great doctor. He was very professional, competent and effective! I had a morton's neuroma which he removed easily. The surgery was quick and painless. The recovery time has been quick. I am at 3.5 weeks and I walked over 3 miles yesterday. I would and have recommended friends and family to Dr. Powers. Matter of fact I was referred to him from my husband so yes great experience. Thank you Dr. Powers and caring staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
Dr Powers never acts hurried or bored with my questions. Appointments are on time. Staff is adorable competent. Before surgery Dr. Powers was very reassuring . After surgery he changed my pain pills without hesitation. First script was not effective for me. He really cares that I was pleased and satisfied with his responses. (drew pictures to help me). Do yourself a favor if you have foot or ankle problems! Thanks DOC!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Powers, DPM?
After going to 2 previous podiatrist, Dr. Powers was a breath of fresh air. I couldn't get over the time he spent with me, explaining what my issues were, the options that was available, and always asked if I had any questions. When I decided what to do, he made me feel very confident and was so supportive my fear just melted. The minute I woke up I knew it had worked! Pain was gone. He lives up to his bio, I truly felt like family, best experience I have ever had with a doctor in a long time!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Powers?

Northwest Allied Foot & Ankle, Tucson, AZ

• Tue: closed
    • Wed: closed
    • Fri: closed
    • Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Powers treats patients.

Oro Valley Hospital