Dr. John Powe, DDS

Oral Surgery | Male

Dr. John Powe, DDS
Dr. John Powe, DDS is a dentist who practices in Bridgeport, CT. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 7 years.

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Powe's Care Philosophy

Upon entering the practice a Comprehensive Evaluation and Treatment Plan is created after communicating with the patient and helping them to understand where they currently are in their Dental Health and achieve a clear understanding of where they wish to reach and define a clear path to get there. I believe an educated patient is the best patient and they are much more invested in their care. I never treat a patient/perform a procedure on a patient if we are unable to show them on Xray or with intra-oral cameras, why the procedure is necessary or provide them the scientific literature. The best care is to provide prevention over cure and we help patients to overcome previous dental phobias to become proactive rather than reactive in their own care.

Dr. Powe's Experience

Visiting Dr. Powe

Dr. Powe accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Powe is now accepting new patients
FAMILY DENTAL GROUP468 Clinton Ave

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Powe to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Powe's Performance
in Windham CT |
Was a pleasure to meet and be taken care of by this man. He took the time to see me at a moments notice to help me through my troubles. He talked me through everything and was extremely efficient and quick with the procedure. The man was like a majestic unicorn whilst working on me and a great conversationalist. He's very deep and moving and truly cares about his patients. As I was very glad to be one of them.
I find that Dr. Powe takes time to explain all the procedures with concern and utter most professionalism. He explains all the pros and cons of the treatment, so that I can make an independent and informed decision for my dental health. His staff is also extremely helpful and educated. Dr. Powe has a great an excellent rapport with his assistant and hygienist and they work very well together which is comforting. I would recommend anyone with any dental issues to be treated by Dr. Powe.
San Jose, CA |
Dr. Powe was fast, painless and well trained. He explain the discomfort I may feel as pressure and it was over before I knew it. I would highly recommend his service. Great bed side manner.
in Bridgeport, CT |
I had an extraction with Dr. Powe. He's kind and does great work... no pain. I would go back.
in Norwich, CT |
Dr. Powe was very gentle, surprisingly quick and thorough in preparing and extracting my wisdom teeth. When warning him of my anxiety with Doctors and sensitivity to needles, he listened and spoke to me in a way that I could understand and that made me feel comfortable. His technique of using music to help ease the tension was REALLY helpful. I trusted he knew what he was doing, and before I could wonder if he'd even started, HE WAS DONE! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Powe to anyone seeking dental work
in Stamford, CT |
This young man was gentle and knowledgeable in dealing with my son. He walked us through the care to fix my little ones teeth, and he made sure we understood what was going to be done and what to expect. He also was very sweet and checked on him days later to see that there was no complications.
in Bridgeport, CT |
I couldn't believe he was done with my wisdom teeth!! He plays music and is really nice!!
in Fairfield, CT |
Dr. Powe couldn't be nicer and as a physician myself he has an excellent way of easing patients. Very knowledgeable and affable!! I have recommended 3 of my family members to him.
Ruined my mouth. Terrible dentist Ego driven
in Stamford, CT |
Excellent bedside manner, couldn't be more pleased. Dr. Powe placed and implant on me and outside of the initial numbing I didn't feel a thing. It was super fast and completed before I knew it.
in Lebanon, CT |
I needed a badly damaged tooth pulled (#4). I was expecting a painful dentist visit. Dr. Powe pulled this tooth with no pain. He's very personable and the follow up care instructions were thorough.
Have you seen Dr. John Powe, DDS?
Are you Dr. Powe?

Compare Dr. Powe

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Powe's Care Philosophy

Dr. Powe says...

Having performed over 27,000 Surgical Extractions largely impacted wisdom teeth, the comfort in the surgical environment never prevents me from treating each patient like the very first one and taking utmost care to ensure that the patient has an excellent and tpainfree surgical experience, whether they are having and extraction, apicoectomy, sinus lift, bone grafting, or implant placement. Additionally, having been fortunate enough to complete one of only 9 Dental Anesthesiology residencies in the United States, being able to truly provide my patients a painless experience is my greatest joy.

Dr. Powe says...

Having performed over 27,000 Surgical Extractions largely impacted wisdom teeth, the comfort in the surgical environment never prevents me from treating each patient like the very first one and taking utmost care to ensure that the patient has an excellent and painfree surgical experience, whether they are having and extraction, apicoectomy, sinus lift, bone grafting, or implant placement. Additionally, having been fortunate enough to complete one of only 9 Dental Anesthesiology residencies in the United States, being able to truly provide my patients a painless experience is my greatest joy.

Dr. Powe's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral Surgery

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Bad Taste in Mouth

University of Maryland

Graduated in 2003

• French Creole
  • Russian

Dr. Powe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Powe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral Surgery