Dr. John M. Pool, MD

Dr. John M. Pool, MD

Cardiac Surgery | Male | 38 years old

25 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

John Pool, M.D. practices at CVT Surgical Associates. Services include diagnosis and treatment of the heart, lungs and esophagus.Read more

Dr. Pool's Experience

See how Dr. Pool's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Pool

Dr. Pool accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Pool has admitting privileges.

Dr. Pool's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pool to family and friends
Dr. Pool's Performance
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Pool is an incredible surgeon, and an even better man! He literally saved my life. I cannot sing his praises enough; I feel so blessed and grateful that he was my surgeon. I presented at the ER believing my asthma was just really bad, and ended up several days later on the operating table while Dr. Pool expertly replaced my diseased, horribly leaking, and failing aortic heart valve! Dr. Pool and his entire team were fantastic! And the care I received at Presby was first rate!
in Allen, TX |
I was air lifted from Allen to Dallas with an Aorta Dissection. Dr. Pool had been advised of the dire circumstances my life was in and rearranged his surgeries to get to me first. Dr. Pool graciously met with my family and prayed with them as Careflight landed. The surgery was a success. After two months, I was able to return home. On my post visit with Dr. Pool, he was excited to see how well I was doing and we closed with a word of prayer. What a special surgeon and man of God he is.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Pool was wonderful! No one really wants a Thoracic surgeon, but when you need one, you hope and pray for one like Dr. Pool. He explained my procedure, answered my family's questions, prayed with me before surgery, and was wonderful in the follow-up stage. I was operated on as the last patient of the day (really evening) on the day before Thanksgiving. He was kind and caring as if I was the first one on the list. He had been in surgery all day that day! You can't go wrong with Dr. Pool!!
in Frisco, TX |
Dr. Pool did a mitral valve repair and a 4-way bypass on me recently, and I am so grateful for his expertise and his compassionate support. Our pre-surgery meetings with him were great. as he took all the time we needed, drew pictures for us of the processes, explained things clearly. Going into surgery, he took my hand and prayed for me, which was so moving, it brought tears to me eyes. He is a wonderful man and I couldn't recommend him more highly!
in Frisco, TX |
This is one of the best surgeon/doctor that you will find. In my opinion. He is highly skilled, caring, and very patient when you ask questions. He gained my complete trust and went on to correct my aortic valve problems. I truly appreciated his prayers before and after the surgery. I can't say enough good things about him. Thank you Dr. Pool. May God keep blessing you.
in Sunnyvale, TX 75182 |
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, words could never express how we fill about you, and the wonderful job you did on my husband,I'm glade he sent us to you, what a blessing, GOD IS GOOD, and he not thru with you yet. and you are our ( favorite!) doctor. God Bless You. Willie & Diane Hutchins
in Carrollton, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr. Pool. He made me feel at ease in a scarey situation I had never had surgery before and I was faced with lung cancer. The surgery went well he explained everything to me. The thing that touched my heart also was his prayer before surgery. Yes I do highly recommend Dr. Pool!!
Lewisville, TX |
My husband was in horrific shape. Dr. Pool was incredible& helped in every way he could. He showed compassion, answered questions, didn't hold anything against him, or judge him. Dr. Pool even took the time to go the extra mile for him& the family. My husband was transferred. The surgeon there told us that anyone else would have just let him pass on the table. My husband did pass later on but it was Dr. Pool out of all the surgeons out there who tired to save his life. He's a blessing
in Denton, TX |
It was my good fortune that I became a patient of Dr. Pool. I was an emergency patient, in a life threatening situation with a ruptured esophagus and required two significant surgeries, both performed by Dr. Pool. I'm recovering well and very optimistic about reaching full recovery. Dr. Pool is not only a skilled surgeon, but connected with me personally in a very deep and spiritual way. Anyone would be fortunate to be under his care.
in Wichita Falls, TX |
He's the best and favorite doctor I've ever seen that provided fabulous health care......and the word "care" goes far beyond the norm. He listens and is supportive in every way, including my state of mind and my faith. He's a Godsend and I'm thankful he was the surgeon that saved my life. I feel I not only had the best care from him but made a wonderful friend also.
in Prosper, TX |
He is my favorite doctor. He has a wealth of knowledge and he can communicate effictively. He gave me information and then helped me process and assimilate the information. He was 100% on my side for my health and my family.
in Highland Village, TX |
If you are having heart surgery, you want a confident surgeon with a steady hand. Dr. Pool was positive and supportive through everything and I didn't come around immediately.
in Richardson, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Pool to ANYONE needing cardiac surgery. He is so very kind and he saved my life! Plus, he prayed with me and my family before and after surgery.
in Mesquite, TX |
thoughtful Christian man who prayed with us before and after surgery plus at follow-up doctor appointment
Have you seen Dr. John M. Pool, MD?
Are you Dr. Pool?

Compare Dr. Pool

Dr. Pool's Care Philosophy

John Pool, M.D. practices at CVT Surgical Associates.  Services include diagnosis and treatment of the heart, lungs and esophagus.

Dr. Pool's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiac Surgery
  •  Board certified in Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery

Dr. Pool has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Pool's Board Certifications

• Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Empyema
  • Endocarditis
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

Baylor University Medical Center
    Baylor University Medical Center
    Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
    University of Alabama

Dr. Pool does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pool and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiac Surgery
  • Thoracic Surgery

• Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Aortic Repair, Open or Repair of Arterial Aneurysm, Open
  • Aortic Valve Surgery
  • Arterial Catheterization With Robotic Assistance
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery
  • Decortication and Pleurectomy
  • Endovascular Repair of Aorta
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Esophagomyotomy
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Heart Defect Repair
  • Heart Surgery
  • Hernia Repair
  • Impella Device
  • Insertion of Epicardial Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Lobectomy of Lung With Robotic Assistance
  • Thoracoscopic Thymectomy
  • Thoracoscopic Wedge Resection
  • Thromboendarterectomy or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
  • Tricuspid Valve Surgery
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure