Internal Medicine  |
Dr. John Pittman, MD
Dr. John Pittman is board-certified in internal medicine and has been in practice for over twenty-five years. After completing his medical degree at Mercer University School of Medicine in Macon, Dr. Pittman completed both his internship and internal medicine residency at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta. Dr. Pittman serves on the core faculty in ambulatory medicine for graduate medical education at Redmond. He is the site director for Redmond’s Internal Medicine Residency Program at the Redmond Medical Group East clinic. Previously, Dr. Pittman served in the role of Assistant Professor of Medicine in the department of Internal Medicine at both the Medical University of South Carolina and the Emory University School of Medicine.

Redmond Medical Group East

715 E 2nd Ave SW

Rome, GA 30161

• American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • CHAMPVA
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Pittman

At Redmond Medical Group East, our philosophy of care represents more than a viewpoint- it’s a commitment.  Every member of our team strives to provide compassionate, insightful and quality care in a professional and respectful manner.  Our goal is to partner with our patients and families through all aspects of their healthcare.  In doing so, we hope to provide ongoing education, direction and support while respecting their time, personal preferences, finances and religious beliefs.  We hold ourselves accountable in our pursuit of excellence as we endeavor to lead by example through our personal efforts and through our relationship with Redmond Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Pittman's Experience

Dr. Pittman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

• Well Woman Health Examination
  • Wellness Coaching
  • Wellness Examination
  • X-Ray

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Presbyterian College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1987
  • Mercer University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Emory University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Emory University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Pittman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pittman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pittman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pittman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pittman to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Pittman's Performance
Rome, GA |
Dr. Pittman takes time to listen to me and to answer any questions I have. He explains my conditions in a manner which is not patronizing. The staff is friendly, but more importantly, efficient and capable.
in Adairsville, GA |
Dr. Pittman has been my PCP for several years and I would rate him as an excellent, competent and caring physician. His staff has always been very helpful and sensitive to my questions and needs, as well as Dr. Pittman himself. I would recommend his practice to anyone with the utmost confidence.
in Rockmart, GA |
I can't think of a better Doctor and environment to handle my medical needs.
in Rome, GA |
Dr. Pittman staff are friendly and professional. Easily to get in to see him. Short wait times ,they don't over book patients. Dr. Pittman takes time to listen to my concerns. I highly recommend him if you are looking for a new doctor.
Rome, GA |
I have recommended him to friends that really like him. He makes sure you do all the Health test you need.
in Wedowee, Al |
Dr. Pittman is a very thorough and professional doctor. He puts you at ease ..making my visit pleasant. He asks questions to make sure each concern is covered. He listens intently. I'm a very happy patient.
in Rome, GA |
I've been a patient of Dr. Pittman for about eight years and my experience has always been excellent.
in Rome, GA |
My wife and I both use Dr. Pittman and are extremely happy with him as our doctor. He is attentive and always open to dialogue with us, and is more than willing to listen to our opinions and concerns. Wait time during appointments is very minimal, and making appointments is also very easy. We would highly recommend Dr. Pittman.
in Cleveland, TN |
My wife and I have gone to Dr Pittman for about 10 years now. We recently moved to Tennessee and still drive the 100 miles each way to see him for our semi-annual checkups.
in Rome, GA |
I am a retired physician and as such am sensitive to medical providers' office conditions and procedures. I am impressed with the office conditions, the professionalism of the personnel and the communication of Dr. Pittman and his staff.
Rome, GA |
I am very pleased with my experience with Dr. Pittman. All of the staff are very personable and attentive. Dr. Pittman listened to all of my concerns and explained everything to me so that I understood. I would definitely recommend to family and friends.
Rome, GA |
Pittman and his staff are very friendly. I feel like he is very receptive to my input.
in Rome, GA 30161 |
>>Dr. John Pittman, M.D., Is A Very Understanding Doctor, Whom Really Cares About His Patients Health Problems. Upon My First Visit, Dr. John Pittman, M.D., "Satisfied" and "Exceeded", "My Expectations" "Dr. John Pittman, M.D." and "Staff" "I Want To Sincerely", "Thank All Of You"!!!! "Scale", 1-10..... 10 Being The Highest Great Rateing", "I Give Dr. John Pittman, M.D.", and "Staff".....(10)+. ??????????
in Rome, GA |
Dr. Pittman is knowledgeable and easy to speak with. I have never felt rushed during my appointments. His staff is friendly and helpful, too. I definately recommend him and his office.
in Rome, GA |
A good listener! Appears to value your assessment of your current condition. Believes in labwork and subsequent reports. Reminds me of family doctor I grew up with! Very definitely recommend for all ages.
Excellent PCP
in Dalton, GA 30720 |
All members of the staff as well as Dr. Pittman were very professional in my most recent visit to his office. The lab technician was especially gentle as this is definitely not my favorite part of any medical experience. I would recommend this practice to anyone who is looking for a doctor who is not only knowledgeable about your condition, but also willing to explain and answer questions in a way that we (you) can understand.
in Rome, GA |
Dr. Pittman is an excellent doctor. He is very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. He has been my doctor for several years. He always answers all my questions and I recommend him to anyone who is looking for a good doctor.
Listens,answers questions,very knowledgeable
in Rome, GA |
I called his office and got an appointment that same day.He explained the steps clearly what the next steps were in treating my illness. I received a call the next day with the results of my test results and told what my next options were.
in Greenville, SC |
Excellent doctor and staff.
in Rome, GA |
A very compassionate group of healthcare professionals who desire a positive experience for their patients. I would recommend this group highly to anyone looking for adult primary care.
Rome, GA |
Dr. Pittman is very thorough with tests and follow-ups.
in Rome, GA |
Excellent experience. Wait was not long, staff was courteous, friendly and thorough. Dr. Pittman gives one confidence with his demeanor, knowledge and professionalism. Would definitely recommend his practice to anyone looking for medical care.
in Rome,Ga |
Appreciate
My husband and I can always depend on Dr. Pittman to answer our questions and explain things in terms that we understand. His staff is cordial and we have rarely had to wait to get in to see him. If you are looking for a new doctor, we recommend Dr. Pittman.
in Tallapoosa, GA |
As a new patient, Dr. Pittman took a lot of time going over my previous health history and current issues. He showed genuine concern for learning all about me and made several immediate suggestions of things I could do to improve my health.
in Rome, GA |
Dr. Pittman has been taking care of my healthcare needs for several years and I am very pleased with he and all the staff. Very through and responsive. Questions answered promptly and in language that I understand
Have you seen Dr. John Pittman, MD?
Are you Dr. Pittman?

Blue Choice HMO
    Blue Choice Option POS
    Blue Open Access POS
  • CHAMPVA
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA