Dr. John Pattaras, MD

Dr. John Pattaras, MD

Endourology  ·
Dr. John Pattaras, MD is an endourology specialist in Atlanta, GA and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from George Washington University / School Of Medicine and Health Sciences in 1992 and specializes in endourology, prostate oncology, and more.Read his story

5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd # 350A

Atlanta, GA 30342

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Pattaras

See how frequently Dr. Pattaras performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Kidney Cancer
Cancer
high
Kidney Stones
high

Dr. Pattaras's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Pattaras' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Pattaras "I started at Emory University School of Medicine in 2000 as Director of Minimally Invasive Surgery for the Department of Urology. I completed a 6 year residency and fellowships in Prostate cancer research as well as Laparoscopy/Endourology prior to moving to Atlanta. After 14 years at the University Hospital, I was chosen to start our Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital location in 2013 with a focus on building the robotics and prostate cancer programs. I have become the Chief of Emory services and Chief of Urology at Emory Saint Joseph's. I'n 2016, I was awarded the James C. Kennedy Chair of Prostate Surgery through Emory University and Winship Cancer Institute."

This content was provided by Dr. Pattaras "I stress patient education and shared decision making. Our prostate cancer multidisciplinary clinic focuses on reviewing the patient's status and helping them understand surgery, radiation or active surveillance options.

For kidney cancer I stress treatment of the cancer with as much preservation of the remaining kidney.

I am an educator and as an Associate Professor of Urology within the Emory University School of Medicine I have trained dozens of surgeons and continue to teach residents and seasoned surgeons."

• Endourology
  • Prostate Oncology
  • Urology

• Urology
    Accredited by: American Board of Urology*

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• George Washington University / School Of Medicine and Health Sciences
  • National Institutes Of Health National Cancer Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Saint Louis University / School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Pattaras has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pattaras does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pattaras and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pattaras' Reviews

3.3
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pattaras to family and friends

Dr. Pattaras' Performance

GOOD

GOOD

Dr. Pattaras scheduled an appoint with myself and my family to discuss my prostrate cancer prognosis and treatment options. He had NOT looked at my test results before entering the room. This is to be expected according to the nurse. While looking over my test results and finding that the booklet...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
My Mom passed away in September 2015 due to upper urothelial tract cancer that had spread all over her body. We had a terrible experience with the physician and I have waited until now to leave a review. My Mom was originally scheduled for surgery in February 2015 in Athens. She did not undergo...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Pattaras saved my life. He is exceptionally thorough and informative and always takes all the time I need to answer every question I have. He is as caring as he is skilled as a surgeon. I wish I could give him 100 stars. I could never thank him enough for all that he has done. I don't know of...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option6thumbs down icon option0