Dr. John Pattaras, MD

Dr. John Pattaras, MD

Endourology | Male

EMORY CLINIC 5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd # 350A Atlanta, GA 30342 Get Directions

I stress patient education and shared decision making. Our prostate cancer multidisciplinary clinic focuses on reviewing the patient's status and helping them understand surgery, radiation or active surveillance options.

For kidney cancer I stress treatment of the cancer with as much preservation of the remaining kidney.

I am an educator and as an Associate Professor of Urology within the Emory University School of Medicine I have trained dozens of surgeons and continue to teach residents and seasoned surgeons.

I started at Emory University School of Medicine in 2000 as Director of Minimally Invasive Surgery for the Department of Urology. I completed a 6 year residency and fellowships in Prostate cancer research as well as Laparoscopy/Endourology prior to moving to Atlanta.

After 14 years at the University Hospital, I was chosen to start our Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital location in 2013 with a focus on building the robotics and prostate cancer programs.

I have become the Chief of Emory services and Chief of Urology at Emory Saint Joseph's.

I'n 2016, I was awarded the James C. Kennedy Chair of Prostate Surgery through Emory University and Winship Cancer Institute.

Dr. Pattaras' Experience

See how Dr. Pattaras' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Pattaras

Dr. Pattaras accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Pattaras has admitting privileges.

Dr. Pattaras' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pattaras to family and friends
3.6
based on 5 total surveys
Dr. Pattaras' Performance
Have you seen Dr. John Pattaras, MD?
Are you Dr. Pattaras?

Compare Dr. Pattaras

}

Dr. Pattaras says...

Dr. Pattaras' Care Philosophy

Dr. Pattaras says...

As Director of Minimally Invasive Surgery for the Department of Urology at Emory University School of Medicine, I specialize in robotic and laparoscopic Surgery. I focus on prostate cancer from low to high risk cases which are evaluated in our Multi-Disciplinary Clinic. Both myself and a radiation oncologist will evaluate your case and discuss treatment plans. I have been awarded the James C. Kennedy Chair in Prostate Surgery.

I also have one of the Southeast's largest experience in robotic kidney surgery which we remove just thenough tumor and save the remaining kidney.

I have published dozens ofor maunscripted and book chapters in the field of  urologic oncology and urology.

I am Chief of Emory Urology Services at Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital as well.

Dr. Pattaras' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endourology
  •  Board certified in Urology

Dr. Pattaras has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Pattaras' Board Certifications

National Institutes Of Health National Cancer Institute

Completed in 1995

Saint Louis University / School Of Medicine

Completed in 2000

Dr. Pattaras does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pattaras and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endourology