Dr. John Ott Jr, MD

Dr. John Ott Jr, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Specialty Healthcare & Wellness 6750 West Loop S Ste 425 Bellaire, TX 77401 Get Directions

Dr. Ott graduated from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas in 1987 and is Board Certified in Internal Medicine. He brings 25 years of experience as an Internist and strong diagnostic skills to the preventative and regenerative approach of Specialty Healthcare and Wellness. Enjoying all aspects of Internal Medicine, he holds particular interest in metabolic and gastrointestinal disorders, including such topics as diabetes, weight management, and gastrointestinal motility issues. In his free time, he runs marathons and sprint triathlons.

Dr. Ott Jr's Experience

See how Dr. Ott Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ott Jr

Dr. Ott Jr accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Ott Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ott Jr to family and friends
Dr. Ott Jr's Performance
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Ott was very nice and seemed to genuinely care about his patients. He didn't rush me and he was very thorough.
in Houston, TX |
I was one of his first patients when he started seeing patients at Dairy Ashford. We liked him a lot. I had been to several doctors before him and didn't get the same attention and good diagnoses that me and my husband got from him. He listened well and took notes. Unfortunately, he stopped taking patients on Medicare. We still went to him as paying patients until he closed his practice and moved back to his original practice on Bellaire. Thank you doctor Ott. We miss you.
in Houston, TX |
Awesome! He's the best! Helped me out quite a bit!
Sugar Land, TX |
Dr. Ott is a very rare doctor in our modern fast pace society. Dr. Ott is a very well respected physician he took time to listen to his patients and do the right things to treat his patients. Obviously he is not in the medical field to make ton of money. He is in the medical field to care for his patients and we love Dr. Ott for what he does..
in Houston, TX |
I love Dr Ott! He has been my internist for decades. He treats my sister, as well as several friends. He gives you his full attention, returns calls after hours & texts. Great staff. Free parking. There are too many positives to list here, but there's good reason why he was chosen for the cover of Inside Houston magazine, "TOP DOCS...Physicians Who May One Day Save Your Life." My sole suggestion is to schedule your appointment early mornings. (He probably knows who is writing this;-)
in Houston, TX |
Extremely knowledgeable, freely shares as much knowledge as the patient wants to know. Understands obesity as an addiction to (carbs/sugar), the primary role of the limbic system (esp the hypothalamus) - AND how to help patients lose weight safely and not re-gain. Listens carefully, respects my knowledge and experience, and he is as KIND as his picture suggests he is. He is a marathoner and willing to help me with my desire to get back into running. I can tell he enjoys interacting w his pts
in Missouri City, TX |
I have never had a doctor spend such focused time with me. He doesn't rush in and then rush out to maximize the number of patients he will see that day. And I realize that the insurance companies and managed care has created an environment where providers need to see more to make any money, but he takes the time to review your chart, ask you pertinent questions, and offer sound solutions. He asks "Is there anything else?" Rare to hear that these days. He actually handed out his cell phone #
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Ott busts the myth of the 15-minute "wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am" office visit. I may have to wait awhile to see him, but see him I will, and not just for 15 minutes. If you are sad, he will listen, and if you are in pain, he will believe you.
in Houston, TX |
In an age where professionals in every industry are taught to make as much money for the company as possible, Dr. Ott is refreshingly old-school. He does things the right way, with the patient's well-being in mind, and I can tell that he cares more about fixing what is wrong with me than he cares about how much he can get paid. I would recommend Dr. Ott to anybody!
in Houston, TX |
Intelligent, kind MD with common sense. Very pleasant man with a dry sense of humor. I think he is able to see the big picture and not get lost in the details of a diagnostic workup & am always interested in listening to his line of reasoning as he gives me recommendations. I feel comfortable in his care.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Ott has been the most caring doctor I have ever had. I want to hug him every time I see him for helping me through unhealthy times in my life. I love his stories which help ease in and end the appts. I always leave feeling relieved and stress free.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Ott and the office staff are all excellent! Best Dr. experience I've had, office is clean and nice, staff polite and cheerful, Dr. Ott takes his time with you and is sharp. So glad I found Dr. Ott.
Have you seen Dr. John Ott Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Ott Jr?

Compare Dr. Ott Jr

Dr. Ott Jr says...

Dr. Ott graduated from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas in 1987 and is Board Certified in Internal Medicine. He brings 25 years of experience as an Internist and strong diagnostic skills to the preventative and regenerative approach of Specialty Healthcare and Wellness. Enjoying all aspects of Internal Medicine, he holds particular interest in metabolic and gastrointestinal disorders, including such topics as diabetes, weight management, and gastrointestinal motility issues. In his free time, he runs marathons and sprint triathlons.

Dr. Ott Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Ott Jr has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ott Jr's Board Certifications

• Testosterone Deficiency

University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas

Graduated in 1987

• Vietnamese

Dr. Ott Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ott Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Medical Practice