Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. John Oglesby, MD
Dr. John Oglesby, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Salt Lake City, UT. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Oglesby is affiliated with Salt Lake Regional Medical Center.

82 S 1100 E Ste 305

Salt Lake City, UT 84102

• Altius Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Oglesby

See how frequently Dr. Oglesby performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hysteroscopy
Chronic Pelvic Pain
Rh Incompatibility Screening

Dr. Oglesby's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Low Back Pain During Pregnancy
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease

• Cholesterol Screening
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Total Salpingectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Medical College Of Ohio
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center

Dr. Oglesby has no media or publications listed.

• Portuguese

Dr. Oglesby does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Oglesby and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Oglesby's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Oglesby to family and friends
Dr. Oglesby's Performance
Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr Oglesby was polite and but extremely busy. Breezed through our appointment and spoke so fast I couldn't follow what was going on. Left the appointment feeling disappointed. I think he just has too many patients to really give the time I'm looking for. His office also told me lab results would be ready in 10 days and they would call me. It has now been 16 days and I cannot get them to answer the phone.
Phoenix, AZ |
I am a registered nurse and Dr Oglesbys patient and he is one of the best doctors ever.
in Utah |
Dr Oglesby is absolutely amazing. His staff is so awesome and caring. Everyone goes above and beyond especially Dr Oglesby. He has done three surgeries back to back on me and I couldn't be happier that he was my Dr for the whole ordeal. He checked on me daily. Remembered my birthday and celebrated it with me just to make sure I celebrated since I was so sick. He always made sure my family understood what was going on and that they were at ease with everything that he did. Best Dr ever!
in Utah |
The BEST Dr. I have ever had!! Dr. Oglesby is one of the kindest men you will meet... truly a one in a million Dr. Very intelligent and knowledgeable.. He approaches each patient with treatment as individual as they are.. I am sooo lucky to be his patient.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Oglesby's surgery on me FAILED. My insides fell back out immediately. He said "sorry, I do not have very many failures but on you I did." He refused to redo the surgery and he refused to pay me back my out of pocket expenses, let alone the thousands that he took from Altius.
in Park City,UT |
Not only a great doctor but a.very kind individual. He has a wonderful bedside manner and is the only Doctor I trusted doing my hysterectomy. He uses robotics so your down time is minimal. His staff is great too.
in Tooele, UT |
Dr. Oglesby is the most caring Doctor I have ever been too. He puts you first in front of everything he has going on. He delivered my twins and was professional and Caring about my needs and my twins. Everytime I wold go in for a appointment he would make sure my 2 year old was happy. He even cut his vacation short to make sure he would be here to deliver my twins. I would recommend Him to everyone. I had a rough pregnancy with Hypermesis and he was there every step of the way.
in Delta, UT |
Dr. Oglesby is very personal but professional in his practice. He took care of my problem and continues to follow up on my condition. He worked with my other doctor to make sure I had the best care. He is very popular among his coworkers and his peers. I have and will recommend him to others. Good job Dr. Oglesby!
in Bountiful Utah |
Love this guy he is the most amazing and caring Dr that I have ever found. He has helped me tremendously. I would recommend him to anyone who needs prenatal and delivery care etc, bladder, endometriosis, polycystic ovarian disease, and a hysterectomy. These are just what I have seen him for so anything else he can do absolute faith in him.
in Riverton, UT |
Dr. Oglesby is wonderful! The best OBGYN I've ever had. I was nervous to have a male gynecologist, but he never makes me feel uncomfortable. His staff is great too! He really listens and does everything he can do to make things right. I wish more doctors were like him. Overall, Dr. Oglesby is a fun loving, down-to-earth, kinda guy. Okay, so he may be a little eccentric, but that's a part of his charm. His staff is also very caring, and great at getting back to me.
West Jordan, UT |
Dr. Oglesby was the first doctor to determine that I had a thyroid condition. All of my thyroid tests were in the normal range but he gave me Armour Thyroid. It has completely changed my life. The swelling in my face is disappeared and my eyes are no longer completely swollen. I didn't realize that my vision was so blurry until I realized that now I can see the houses up on the mountains in Utah. Also I was depressed and now I feel excellent. I was so tired when I got home. Saved my life.
Salt Lake City, UT |
He is the absolute best! I am so glad I started going to him! He makes you feel so comfortable and like he has known you forever!!
South Jordan, UT |
Dr. Oglesby is one of the kindest and most concerned doctors I have been to. He definately puts your well being ahead of everything else. I listens to what you are feelings and is proactive in his care for his patients. I drive 50 minutes to his office and he is worth every mile.
in Kearns, Utah |
Dr. Olgesby is the best. He is very knowledgable. When presented with a problem he did EVERYTHING in his power to help me. He took a serious interest in me as a person, my health overall and within his field. His energy and kind nature makes an uncomfortable pap smear much easier. I refer him to everyone I know.
Have you seen Dr. John Oglesby, MD?
Are you Dr. Oglesby?