Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMale

Dr. O'Brien Jr

St. Petersburg Center for Plastic Surgery

7855 38th Ave N St Petersburg, FL 33710

Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in St Petersburg, FL. He is affiliated with St. Anthony's Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. O'Brien Jr to book an appointment.

Compare with other Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. O'Brien Jr with our nearby Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists at Largo Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Largo Medical Center today at (727) 440-4823.

These providers are on the medical staff of Largo Medical Center.

Dr. O'Brien Jr's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. O'Brien Jr

Dr. O'Brien Jr

I could not be happier with the results. Dr. O'Brien and his staff were exceptional. The results far exceeded my expectations!
Drexey – Jul 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
Had a browlift performed. I was very disappointed in the results or lack thereof. A waste of 4000 dollars.
Apr 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
I recommend Dr. O'Brien and his staff. Friendly, Informative & Professional!
Patty Conroy – Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
When I decided to have a tummy tuck, I searched for doctors in my area. (Ocala, Gainesville.) I did not hear back from some and others just sent a generic email. I wanted to ask a real person questions. I decided to search St Pete, where I used to live. I not only got an immediate email from Dr O'Brien's office, I also received a call. I was treated with great respect and asked a few questions. I scheduled a tele-chat with Dr O'Brien who answered all of my questions and never made me feel rushed or pressured. I made the choice to use him based on his extensive background, No lawsuits in his career, photos and bedside manner. He made sure that I understood about results, healing time & expectation level. I had the surgery Sept 2020. I was immediately impressed with the results, and after swelling etc. has gone away, I am even happier! I continue to adhere to his advice for my body to heal. I can't say enough great things about the staff and their wonderful care. Fair price and worth it!
Tam – Feb 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
Dr. O'Brien is an excellent surgeon and I highly recommend him. I had a tummy tuck, very minimal scarring and no pain. I also had the deep laser on my face and the results of both procedures are fantastic
Feb 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
Dr. O'Brien and his staff are excellent. I have had 3 procedures done by Dr. O'Brien and my results are incredible. You receive concierge service at his surgery center and it was painless. I travel from out of state to have Dr. O'Brien do any cosmetic procedures I want done. My recent browlift, upper belpf and deep peel was virtually painless and a week after surgery I can easily be out in public. I look 20 years younger than my age. Dr. O'Briens education and training was why I initially visited him after having a botched tummy done in Scottsdale Arizona. Dr. O'Brien is an outstanding surgeon and I would recommend him.
Cindy A. – Oct 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. John O'Brien. I've had two separate occurrences of basal cell cancer on my ears due to too much sun over time. These were about 8 months apart and unrelated. The first occurrence: Dr. O'Brien performed surgery to remove it. The surgery was performed on the day that there was a mobile lab at his office and Dr. O was able to test tissue samples on the spot to ensure all the cancer was removed. Dr. O'Brien not only removed the cancer but did a fantastic job with the appearance of my ear such that one would never even notice any evidence of a surgical procedure. Eight months later: I had MOHS surgery of the ear at my dermatologist and Dr. O'Brien performed a complete repair the following day. Again, the appearance of my ear is such that one would never notice any evidence of a surgical procedure. I look great and am cancer free. Many thanks to Dr. O'Brien and his terrific staff. Highly recommended for any type of procedure. Absolutely first class!
Rick Brewer – Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
I am very disappointed in neck surgery, and lower blepharoplasty, and in his integrity.. He was trying to bully and intimidate me into paying for an unneeded procedure so I would cover his anesthesia redo costs as he admitted he needed to redo my necklift. He left deep scars from poor stitching and needed to also redo one blepharoplasty. If he cannot get it right, it would be foolish to let him try again!
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 25, 2020
Thanks for sharing your feedback. Due to privacy...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
Excellent surgeon and a truly caring physician.
Barbara Behrens – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
CoolSculpting Resulting In Revision Tummy Tuck Surgery It has been two years since my Coolsculpting revision process began with Dr. O'Brien. I want to thank the Dr. and his staff for the professionalism, support, and love I felt during this process. It was the little things they did that made me think that they cared about me as a person and not as just a patient. The Tummy Tuck and later Liposuction I received from Dr. O'Brien was the result of two Coolsculpting procedures, which caused me to have a condition known as adipose hyperplasia. This happens when, instead of your fat-melting it grows. Mine was an advanced case where you could see the large blocks of fat in the shape of the Coolsculpting paddles on my stomach, flanks, and thighs. I could cross my arms and lay them across the block of fat sticking out of my stomach. I found Dr. O'Brien after the first doctor who did the Coolscuplting told me that he couldn't help me; don't contact him again, and oh, by the way, you now need
Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
I had a Basal Cell Cancer on my nose. Dr O'Brien did a fabulous job of Removal with the Mohs procedure. The staff was also very Professional and Efficient. I would return to Dr and his office staff, if needed. The surgical site can barely be seen, and it has only been 3 months, Thank you Dr!!
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
Professional, proficient and personable. I would highly recommend.
Roy Stringfellow in St. Pete, FL – Jan 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
After many years of, I should, I want, I wish, I finally said I WILL get a tummy tuck. Several referrals later I went to see Dr. O'Brien and I was very pleased with the warm, professional welcome I received. Instantly I felt confident that I was in excellent and caring hands. Dr. OBrien's surgery was faultlessly smooth, my recovery was closely monitored by him and his staff, my scar is minimal and I can't stop looking in the mirror at the NEW ME. I am now confident.and proud of my new body.
St Petersburg, FL – Jun 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
I had a very disappointing experience with Dr. Obrien, and I feel that now there is nothing I can do now. After over 15 years looking forward to a breadt revision, Dr. Obrien performed my surgery and I wasn't happy with the results. I was told by Dr. Obrien that he would review his surgery for just the price of anesthesia and OR fees. After a few months, he did not keep his word and wanted to charge me full rice for another surgery stating he did a great job, even though I'm the one not happy.
St Petersburg – Apr 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. O'Brien...I left my consultation with him with all of my questions answered about the procedure I was contemplating. His staff is exceptional...I am extremely happy with my results... S. Hanson St. Petersburg
SL Hanson in St Petersburg, FL – Dec 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
I am so blessed to have found Dr. O'Brien!!!! I actually found him first online and then once I started asking friends if they heard of him -- everyone gushed with compliments. I had been thinking about breast aug for YEARS and Dr. John fit me right in, at the price that beat others, and he is an AMAZING Doctor! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my natural looking boobs! I love his staff, his professionalism and personableness. I am so grateful I finally did it and he was my doc. Go for it!!! :)
OTF Jess in St. Petersburg, Fl – Sep 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
Dr. O'Brien and staff are fantastic. He is very knowledgeable and explains things perfectly, and a very skilled surgeon.
AG in Tampa, FL – May 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
Dr. O'Brien takes the time to listen to your concerns and is very knowledgeable in the field of plastic surgery. He takes the time to explain the process and really cares about his patient's. I would recommend him and have to many people who are looking for a great surgeon.
Jackie Davison in Saint Petersburg, FL – Mar 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?
Dr O'Brien is very much a professional with a confident approach that he can find realistic solutions to meet a person's desires and goals. He is intuitive to the needs of his clients and takes the time to explain the entire process. Dr O'Brien and all staff members seem to truly care about their patients and are driven to achieve the best results for everyone that is fortunate to have Dr O'Brien as their Doctor. Dr O'Brien's sincerity, integrity, honesty and skill level is beyond question
JK in St Petersburg, FL – Feb 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John O'Brien Jr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. O'Brien Jr?

I take a "hands on" approach and try to educate my patients as much as possible about all of their options while also providing them with realistic expectations....Read more

Dr. O'Brien was born and raised in Niagara Falls, New York, receiving his undergraduate degree from Syracuse University with honors. He attended the State...Read more

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery