Dr. John Nowins, MD

Dr. John Nowins, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |

Dr. John Nowins, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Las Vegas, NV. He is 61 years old.

Associated Medical/Surgical Specialists

3380 S Eastern Ave

Las Vegas, NV 89169

Learn about Dr. Nowins

See how frequently Dr. Nowins performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breech Position
Pregnancy-Related Disorders
Gestational Diabetes

Dr. Nowins's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Hysterectomy - Open
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Our Lady Of Fatima University / College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Saint Francis Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • St Joseph Mercy Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Nowins has no media or publications listed.

• Tagalog

Dr. Nowins does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nowins and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nowins' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nowins to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Nowins' Performance
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Nowins is a wonderful doctor. He is very pleasant and very informative. I have never felt this comfortable with any doctor.
in Leesville, LA |
High Risk Pregnancy Dr. Nowins was an excellent Doctor very thorough kind and even funny. He delivered my youngest son a little over 16 years ago at Sunrise. WOW how time flies! I would recommend Dr. Nowins to anyone! who is looking for a great Doctor. I've had 5 children and I can definitely say He is by far one of the best!! Thanks Dr. Nowins would have loved to remain a patient but, I moved out of state
in Burlington,NC |
The best doctor in the World! I used to see him over 10 years ago until I left Las Vegas. I wish I were still seeing him, I think my life expectancy would be greater than it is now. I was asking him, so you are an OB-GYN, and you are sonograming my kidneys and EKG ing ? And checking for colon cancer at 30? He said some women only go to OB, he used to be in ED. He is like a detective. I wouldn't be going through this rectal cancer at 49 if I was still seeing him. Way ahead of his time. DPC
in Las Vegas, NV |
I am very pleased with the care I receive from Dr. John Nowins. He has been my Dr. for years now and I wouldn't change doctors. He is very thorough with all of my results and any questions I have for him. He always takes time to explain things to me in ways that I can understand. I always get copies of my results and he will even give me print outs of my diagnoses to read on my own to understand better. I also saw him for my pregnancy and it was my first pregnancy and he made the whole pregnancy
in Las Vegas, NV |
My experience with Dr. John Nowins has been nothing but pleasant. He is very kind and spends quality time with his patients. He is professional. And he will try to accommodate you if you are a new patient without you having to wait a month, before being seem. This is a great doctor.
Las Vegas, NV |
HE IS A GOOD DOCTOR..
in Las Vegas, NV |
He is the type of doctor that takes his time with you and listens to treat correctly. He always takes his time with his patients and is an overall very caring doctor.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Today was my first visit with Dr Nowins, I can honestly say I am so impressed with this doctor. He took his time to explain to me, and answer all my questions and concerns. Very caring and knowledgeable doctor who likes to share his knowledge with his patients After just one visit with Dr Nowins I can honestly say I have left his office having more knowledge of my health and feeling more positive towards my new health goals. I am looking forward to continuing my care with Dr John Nowins.
in Henderson, NV |
I made an appointment because I was suffering from asthma. I paid a co-pay and waited four hours for him just for him to rudely tell me that he can't treat me for asthma and to go to the hospital. Why would his staff let me make an appointment, pay, and wait four hours if he, as a primary doctor, can't treat my symptoms? Needless to say, I didn't get my money back. He is also very unprofessional and rude.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. John Nowins is honestly the best doctor that I have experienced in Las Vegas! He delivered my first child through cesarean and it was done flawlessly! Although the wait time to see the doctor can be a little long it is very well worth it. When you see him he is very thorough with information needed to have a successful pregnancy and he really makes sure you have an understanding with what's going on with your body and you baby! I'm so grateful for this man and the care he has for hispatients
North Las Vegas, NV |
I was a patient of Dr Nowins back in 2015 and a nurse that worked under him at one of his contracted sites. He took his time explaining everything to me and followed my birth plan. He was absolutely amazing when it came to delivery. Very attentive to my care and the care of my son. My insurance changed a month before delivery and his staff worked with me to help me pay what my new insurance wouldn't cover. Love, love, love Dr Nowins!
in Las Vegas, NV |
My father was visiting from CA and he got sick here in Las Vegas. My dad is an 81 year old taking a lot of medication (some of it unnecessary). I took him to see Dr. Nowins despite the fact that he didn't take Caremore (my father's medical insurance). He agreed to see my dad as a cash paying patient. Dr. Nowins spent a good amount of time examining my father and then discussed with me his findings and then continued to review my father's medications and gave me his recommendations in detail.
in Las Vegas, NV |
After visiting other doctors that couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, Dr. Nowins was able to cure my condition. He's the best!!
Have you seen Dr. John Nowins, MD?
Are you Dr. Nowins?