Rheumatology  |
Dr. John Nitsche, MD
I was born and raised in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I have been married for over 45 years. I have two adult daughters I was educated at Virginia Tech, Hahnemann Medical College, Tulane Medical Center, Scripps Clinic, and Rush Medical Center. I have been practicing medicine in Louisiana for over 30 years.

4228 Houma Blvd Ste 600

Metairie, LA 70006

• Health Net
  • National Elevator

Learn about Dr. Nitsche

I  try to evaluate each patient in a kind and compassionate manner.  I spend the appropriate time interviewing and examining each patient.  I then may order appropriate laboratory and radiology studies to help secure the diagnosis.  Then I take the necessary time to explain my findings to the patient in an understanding fashion.  Together we reach a goal for a treatment plan.

Dr. Nitsche's Experience

Dr. Nitsche's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Rheumatology

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Gout
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Neck Pain
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

• Arthrocentesis
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal
  • Ultrasound-Guided Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Virginia Tech
  • Rush Med Coll-St Lukes Presby
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Scripps Clin/R&H Fdn
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1982
  • American Institute Of Ultrasound In Medicine-Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Accreditiation
    Other Education | Completed 2015
  • Rmsk Credentials By Ardms
    Other Education | Completed 2012

Dr. Nitsche has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nitsche does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nitsche and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nitsche's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nitsche to family and friends
Dr. Nitsche's Performance
New Orleans, LA |
I never won't to go to this office you wait 2 hours or more to see the doctor. My mother had a stroke and a mini stroke and if that is not stressful enough. If you ask a question you are accused of be defensive and have an attitude and if try to get an answer the staff Julie sticks up for him and your mom can't help so you are left leaving there saying I wish they never have to experience what you are going through. Trying to make sure you have everything right for your love one
in Marrero, LA |
Dr. Nitsche has kept my RA in remission for a couple of years now. He is always very kind and considerate of my wellbeing and always very professional. I am so pleased to have found an RA physician who works diligently to keep my symptoms at bay.
in Metairie, LA |
Dr. Nitsche is a good doctor. He is treating me for the arthritis in my right knee with injections of medication. My knees are feeling better and I am no longer using a cane.
in Pontchatoula, LA |
Dr. Nitsche has evaluated and treated the arthritis in my knees. The injection of Supartz into each of my knees under the guide of ultrasound has been wonderful and has given me my life back.
in Mandeville, LA |
Dr. Nitsche is a good Rheumatologist. He spends a lot of time with his patients and this might cause him to run late at times. However, he has always taken the time to listen me and helped me to solve my problems. He has been my doctor since 2010.
in Metairie, LA |
Dr. Nitsche has treated me for the last 12 years with kindness and concern. I have appreciated his care over the years.
in Metairie, LA |
I have been seeing Dr. Nitsche for the last three years for treatment of osteoarthritis in the knee. I do not want surgery on my knee. I am presently taking anti-coagulants and was fearful of injection therapy. Dr. Nitsche has treated my left knee with viscosupplement (rooster-comb) injections on several occasions without pain or bleeding problems. My pains are better
in Metairie, LA |
Dr. Nitsche has been my Rheumatologist for 17 years. He has carefully managed my arthritis during this period of time and I have been in remission for a number of years. He always takes the time necessary to evaluate my problems.
in Laplace, LA |
Dr. Nitsche has been my rheumatologist for eight years. He has helped me with my musculoskeletal problems. He is kind and has a sense of humor. His support staff is always helpful.
in jefferson la |
Had an attack over Christmas Holiday and called his office Ms Julie call back ,which i did not expect. Got me in on Dr Nitche's first day back. My shoulder felt so bad it felt like it was sinking in !!!! By the time i left his office the was no pain at all. Dr. Nitche is so professional and his staff is so sufficient they had everything ready for me to pass thru his office in a very organized way. I would not give him up for nothing. I highly recommend his office to all.
in New Orleans, LA |
I recently went to see Dr. Nitsche with a very complex problem. He was very patient with me and thorough with my evaluation. He helped me solve the problem and I am feeling much better now.
in kenner, la |
Dr Nitsche is so caring, thoughtful and helpful. I would highly recommended anyone to him. He takes his time with you, questions you about how you are. I have arthritis in my knee and have seen several orthopedic doctors with no real relief. Dr George recommended me to see him and I am so happy that I did. He suggested the gel injections into my knee but with the use of ultrasound so he could get in the joint. Not one of the orthopedic doctors ever did this. I totally trust him!
in New Orleans, LA |
I have had two office visits with Dr. Nitsche. However, he has consistently displayed qualities that I value in a doctor. His integrity, which is first and foremost, bedside manner, patience, compassion, communication skills, and overall knowledge in the medical are exceptional. If you're looking for an outstanding doctor, look no farther.
in metairie, la 70005 |
Great experience. I have been seeing Dr. Nitsche for about 10 years. I would not go to anyone else and wish he were a GP.
in Metairie, LA |
He has been my Rheumatologist since 2003. He is treating me for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis and I am doing well.
in Metairie, LA |
He has helped me with the osteoarthritis. He designed an exercise program that was helpful. He has treated my knee with local injections of Supartz, and used ultrasound guidance for the series of injections so that pain was minimized. I wish he could be my doctor for everything.
in Marrero, LA |
Dr. Nitsche has helped me with the arthritis in my knees with injection therapy using ultrasound guidance.
in Metairie, LA |
I just start it seeing him and, so far not happy at all.
in Metairie, LA |
Dr. Nitsche has taken excellent care of me for years. I have seen him since 2000. My Rheumtoid Arthritis is doing much better with his recommended treatment.
Have you seen Dr. John Nitsche, MD?
Are you Dr. Nitsche?