Dr. John Nicasio, DO

Endocrinology, Diabetes & MetabolismMaleAge 57

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. John Nicasio, DO is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Springfield, MA and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Nicasio has extensive experience in Osteoporosis & Screening, Thyroid Disorders, and Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring. He graduated from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2000. He is affiliated with medical facilities Baystate Medical Center and Holyoke Medical Center. His office accepts telehealth appointments.

Dr. John Nicasio, DO

Bhsma-baystate Medical Center

759 Chestnut St Springfield, MA 01107
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists

Compare Dr. Nicasio with our nearby Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists at Hartford Healthcare.

Make an appointment at Hartford Healthcare today at (860) 294-9155.

These providers are on the medical staff of Hartford Healthcare.

Dr. Nicasio's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nicasio

3.5

Dr. Nicasio

This doctor will yell at you and give you bad information. A danger to your physical and mental health. Stay away!
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Sasha Auer – Dec 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nicasio, DO?
Nicasio is part of the Cooley Dickinson Medical group in Northampton. This doctor put me on 60 mg of methimazole and I had an allergic reaction to the medication. I tried calling their on-call number and no one ever answered. I ended up in the ER. During open hours, I never got a call back about my allergic reaction and a request for a change of medication was never answered. I found a new endocrinologist and he couldn't believe that I was on such high a dose (they never prescribe their patients more than 20 mg a day). My primary care provider had ordered an ultrasound of my thyroid and he didn't seem to care whether I should get one or not. He had said verbatim that had he been the doctor, he would've never ordered thyroid testing for me, even though she was right that I have Graves Disease. It's very disappointing to think we can trust doctors with medical advice. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone with a thyroid problem. If I could give zero stars I would.
Mar 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nicasio, DO?
He does not listen to the patient and the problems. He seems to be rather unknowledgeable for being a doctor. Towards the end of the first visit he documented I was hypothyroid even though it was in front of me l him the entire time in the records. Really did not want to hear what I was saying. I got a bit aggressive and almost walked out and he told me if I was not going to listen to him, he could not be my doctor. It would be nice if he actually listened to my issues which I don't feel I ever got across. Supposed to go back in two weeks. Will see if he gets back to me about test results. Very disappointing as I had high hopes for answers. I can't believe he is in this group of doctors???
Ps – Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nicasio, DO?
I had such high hopes initially for this doctor. At my first appointment a few years ago, Dr. Nacasio was brand new to the practice, and although he seemed confused (about everything), he was amiable and attentive—he even walked me out to the lobby! I cut him some slack for being new, and looked forward to my next appointment a year later. What a difference a year made! He was still confused (about everything), but gone was the kind and considerate doctor, and instead he was irritable, and ranted on about the patient before me. He was snippy with me throughout my appointment. The following year when I saw him he wasn’t quite as annoyed but seemed distracted and confused (about everything). He hardly looked at me, mostly the computer screen. After 3 visits I’ve seen enough. As soon as the practice hires another endocrinologist I’ll be moving over, and hope things will finally go properly. He’s a terrible doctor who appears to dislike his patients. I wish things had improved.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nicasio, DO?
Doctor is arrogant and rude. Terrible bedside manner. Felt rushed because his staff didn’t schedule enough time for the visit. That wasn’t my fault, but he was impatient with me. I have a wonderful doctor at Joslin Diabetes Clinic, but was hoping to find someone closer to home especially with the COVID crisis. It is NOT WORTH seeing Dr. Nicasio. He attacked me for asking him to communicate with my doctor (since I have complications and bad side effects with many medications—dozens across all types of medications not just diabetes—for more than 25 years) and he said he didn’t have the time. Seriously, what kind of doctor wouldn’t want input from another professional willing to give it? A self-important jerk. Was not kind or understanding, but rude to me for not remembering every medication I’ve tried in the past. Was incredibly rude to his staff too. UNKIND!!!
Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nicasio, DO?
Didn't give me the results of a test for weeks- even though I was calling the office every once in a while to check. After discussing my financial needs (I'm a student), they called me, gave me the results of my test, didn't schedule an appointment and I never heard from them again. I had gone three times to this office to figure out why my hormones were off. Dr. Nicasio needed me to explain what an ectopic pregnancy was which was weird...but he also didn't know how to use his own software, so many of my symptoms never made it to my original paperwork. I finally called my PCP to refer me elsewhere.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
Jun 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nicasio, DO?
Dr. Nicasio treated me like a whole person and was willing to work collaboratively with me in my treatment plan. He listened to everything I had to say, was very thorough in reviewing my symptoms/ history, and he ran all of the tests that my GP wouldn't do. He also asked me what I wanted to do, what treatment I wanted, and let me ask questions. He looked at the whole picture: my financial needs, my lifestyle, my history, etc. The receptionist is also super nice and helpful. Go see Dr. Nicasio!
Jamie W. in Easthampton, MA – Jul 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nicasio, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Nicasio?

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Suny Downstate Med Center
Suny Downstate Med Center
2000
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine

Does Dr. John Nicasio, DO offer telehealth services?

Dr. Nicasio has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

Does Dr. John Nicasio, DO accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Nicasio accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. John Nicasio, DO's top areas of care?

Dr. Nicasio frequently treats Osteoporosis & Screening, Thyroid Disorders, and Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring. See all practice areas where Dr. Nicasio specializes.

Where is Dr. John Nicasio, DO's office located?

Dr. Nicasio's office is located at 759 Chestnut St, Springfield, MA 01107. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages does Dr. John Nicasio, DO speak?

Dr. Nicasio speaks Spanish and English. View profile to see all.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. John Nicasio, DO?

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Frequently Treated by Dr. Nicasio

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Nicasio treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Nicasio treats other conditions, please contact the office at (413) 794-0000.

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. Nicasio is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Osteoporosis
Osteopenia

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Dr. Nicasio is experienced in the area of Thyroid Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 17 conditions and procedures

Thyroid Goiter
Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
Hyperparathyroidism
Thyroid Nodule

Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring specialists.

Dr. Nicasio is experienced in the area of Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Diabetes Type 2
Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Continuous Glucose Monitoring
Diabetic Ketoacidosis

Gonadal Endocrine Disorders

Gonadal endocrine disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the reproductive and sex glands, including polycystic ovary syndrome, Turner syndrome, and gynecomastia, most often through hormone replacement therapy.Compare with other Gonadal Endocrine Disorders specialists.

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Dr. Nicasio's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Pain
  • Abnormal Thyroid
  • ACTH (Cosyntropin) Stimulation Test
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Constipation
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dexamethasone Suppression Test
  • Diarrhea
  • Dynamic Endocrine Function Test
  • Dyslipidemia
  • Dysphagia
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Female Infertility
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastroparesis
  • Hypoparathyroidism
  • Hypopituitarism
  • Hyposmolality and Hyponatremia
  • Hypotension
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Male Infertility
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Mineral Metabolism Disorders
  • Nausea
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Oral Glucose Tolerance Test
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Overweight
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Tremor
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • VAP Lipid Testing
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Vitamin B Deficiency
  • Vitamin D Deficiency
  • Water Deprivation Test
  • Wheezing

Dr. Nicasio accepts

Dr. Nicasio accepts the following insurance:

Select