Dr. John Naus, MD

Dr. John Naus, MD

Psychiatry | Male

John Naus M.D.,P.A. 5017 Heritage Ave Ste 102, Colleyville, TX 76034 Get Directions

We are a multi-practitioner psychiatric practice centered on medication management with talk therapy. Our providers are physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other provider types. We work as an organized group in bringing our patients a caring and personal experience. Each person who becomes our patient is important to us. We believe that our collaboration together allows for a more fulfilling treatment experience for both patient and provider.Read more

Dr. Naus' Experience

See how Dr. Naus' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Naus

Dr. Naus accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Naus has admitting privileges.

Dr. Naus' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Naus to family and friends
Dr. Naus' Performance
in Fort Worth TX |
I love this place. Great people.
Salisbury, NC |
Getting returned phone calls is impossible. Renewal of critical medications is not a priority. Not recommended.
in North Richland Hills, TX |
It appears now they have decided to charge me full price ( $200), for follow ups, while my insurance says my fee should be $30. They will then file with my insurance & maybe I'll get my money back?! This for 10 minutes with a nurse. Let me add that no other doctor I see does this. Insurance is expensive by itself, and then they charge me full, uninsured fees?! I don't think so..avoid this practice. No one else does this.
Bedford, TX |
Have been seeing Dr. Naus since he opened his practice. He is very good at what he does. I have called in for medication refills, just leave the a message and they will call you back. The lady that does the refills is GREAT. There are always new ways to charge extra fees, $5.00 for keeping your charge card on file and wanting your security code. Charging you full price (cash) if you do not have your current health on file before your visit. you have to check the web site.
in Grand Prairie |
Dr. Naus and his wife Rhonda are wonderful people! I see Rhonda and my husband sees another NP there. We both love the treatment we receive from scheduling the appointment, reminders of upcoming appointments, refill requests, call-backs for appointment changes within 24 hours, in-person friendliness and the quality of life we live thanks to the listening skills and experience of this practice. I definitely recommend to anyone.
in Texas |
Dr. Naus himself is okay and saw me on my 1st visit. After that I have had to see a PA who has to ask me the same questions about why I'm there she will not take the time to look over my file prior to my appt. She tells me the same thing everytime, increases my meds and tells me to find a therapist. They NEVER answer the phone or return calls, I run out of meds and cannot get a reply for refills. The office staff is rude and lazy. It's a shame they get away with treating patients like this
in Grapevine, TX |
Absolutely terrible! Belittling and rude to patients. Office staff rude. Stay away from this supposed Doctor!!!
in Bedford, TX |
I followed my NP from another practice to Dr. Naus's practice. I have only met him once. I am very frustrated with trying to make an appointment or just to leave a message for my NP to call me. It may not even indicate a visit. Being an RN for 40 years and being able to contact medical professionals easily makes for being a dissatisfied patient who can't even leave a message for her NP to call her.
North Richland Hills, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr, Naus for quite some time. EVEN AT THE OLD BUILDING. HIM AND HIS WIFE DR. RHONDA NAUS ARE JUST FABULOUS PEOPLE AS WELL AS WONDERFUL DOCTORS. Staff are great as well
in Keller, TX |
My experience with Dr Naus was very successful. He took his time with my husband and me. He listened intently as I laid out my history. He talked out possible reasons for my issues and suggested a few paths for going forward. He considered my concerns and with the input from my husband came up with a plan. The medications have helped me tremendously. Now I see his nurse practitioner and she informs Dr Naus of my progress. I would highly recommend Dr. Naus to anyone seeking psychiatric care.
Irving, TX |
This was my first time seeing a specialist for my anxiety. I am a high functioning individual, and recently had some life changes that started to affect me. I met with Cheryl, NP and also had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Naus. I was started on a medication that has since changed my life. I am grateful for this practice and all the good that they do. They truly care about their patients and take the time (well over an hour each visit) to understand your dilemmas and plan the best care for you.
in TX |
Dr Naus knows his field. As a medical professional myself, it was abundantly clear at my initial visit that he need only listen to a little history and he was ready to diagnose something new, and thus so far, untreated. However, while he is knowledgable and has a gift for hearing the patient on a level that I was unaware of, he is by no means looking to change current therapy. He seems to walk a firm line right down the middle of aggressiveness of therapy & conservative management.
Fort Worth, TX |
I only met with him once, but I don't know how to review his 'facilities.' I waited over an hour many times. They often forgot I was there. The lady I always saw was suddenly not there anymore without any warning. Every time I went it seemed like they had new hidden fees. There was a $20 or something fee to fill out a paper that said Bad, fair, good on how I've been feeling... that I repeated directly to the person I met with! $20 to repeat myself?? No. I left.
in Fort Worth, TX |
Wonderful & thorough care from Diane Cammarata RN/NP!! I experienced an acute situation and she adjusted my meds and has me feeling much better. The entire office is friendly & willing to help. They never make me feel like I'm bothering them like some MD offices do. Thank you Dr Naus & staff for you extra quality care!!!
I'll nev go back now! Apparently panic attacks,severe anxiety to the point of pucking,uncontrollable anxiety that has worsened over the past six months between job loss,2 family deaths,loss of my best friend,still unemployed,complete new home environment,single parent dealing w/ teenager,& constant fear,worry constitutes LOWERING THE ANXIETY MED THAT I KEEP SAYING DOES NOTHING TO CALM ME DOWN OR GIVE ME ANY relief AT ALL!MAYBE NEXT PANIC attack I'll stroke out!New Practitioner doesn't listen.
in Euless, TX |
I love Dr. Naus I may have had to wait an hour to see him but it was worth the wait. I have been seeing him for over 2 years. I love the location and the staff. The office staff is always going the extra mile for the patients.
in Dallas, TX |
Had a wonderful experience. Office staff returned calls, filled medications in timely matter. Dr. Naus has a great bed side manner and showed compassion for my illness. He has helped me more then any other doctor. I cannot speak enough about him and his sweet staff. So glad I found his office. Thanks to him and his wonderful staff, I will recommend him to anyone that wants help and understanding of their illness.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Naus is very considerate of my issues and he works with me to fix them. His office staff is amazing and I know that they go above and beyond to help me. I don't mind having to call and leave a message because they always call me back by the end of day and are always apologetic if they call me back late in the day. I'm extremely grateful for everything Dr. Naus and his staff have done for me, I don't think i would be alive today if it were not for him.
in Euless, TX |
Dr. Naus has been such an important part of my life; I can credit him with saving my life. I have been to an internal med doctor, a neurologist, and my primary care physician, but none would really even listen to my issues. (I've attributed it to my age -- 55 - and doctors not really caring.) But Dr. Naus treats me with respect and has worked with me over the last three years to find a combination of medications that help with my issues. I feel better today than I have in decades.
in Fort Worth |
His staff is horrible there never made it to see Dr. Naus missed my new patient app due to inclement weather called to reschedule. Front desk person made error when setting new app. Office person Taylor waited until the day before my app after 2 weeks to call to tell me they wouldn't be able to see me after my work waiting to hear how app was for leave purposes given I was suppose to return days later. Spoke to office manager her attitude was just as bad as Taylor basically no apps a month out.
Have you seen Dr. John Naus, MD?
Are you Dr. Naus?

Compare Dr. Naus

Dr. Naus' Care Philosophy

Dr. Naus' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Naus has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Naus' Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis

University of Texas Medical School At San Antonio

Graduated in 2001

University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio

Completed in 2002

University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio

Completed in 2005

Dr. Naus does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Naus and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Group Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Testing
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)