Dr. John Musser, MD

Dr. John Musser, MD

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation  |
Dr. J. Tobias Musser is a board certified Physiatrist (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Physician) with specialty fellowship training in Interventional Pain Management (IPM) and a specific interest in spine and musculoskeletal conditions. IPM is an area of medicine devoted to the diagnosis and treatment of pain-related disorders. Residing in the Atlanta area he is active in pain management advocacy and healthcare education outside of his clinical duties at the Shepherd Center. He also has a keen interest in biomedical engineering. "As a Pain Management Specialist, I'm concerned about my patients' ability to function and their quality of life - facets of life which can be limited by pain. One of my roles is to help develop a treatment plan to relieve, reduce, or management my patients' pain and to help them return to everyday activities quickly without surgery or heavy reliance on medication. I typically coordinate care through an interdisciplinary team of health professionals. However, I see my main role is to provide health education to my patients and EMPOWER them to become more involved with their care, to make lifestyle, diet, and fitness changes, and to become more involved with becoming/remaining healthy. I consider the patient as the star player of their team." -- Dr. J. T. Musser

2020 Peachtree Rd NW

Atlanta, GA 30309

(404) 352-2020

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Musser

See how frequently Dr. Musser performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
Chronic Pain
Nerve Block, Sympathetic

Dr. Musser's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Musser "Mr. Musser provides a multi-disciplinary approach to treatment. He works with a dedicated team of interventional and rehabilitation physiatrists, nurse practitioner, nursing staff, psychologists, physical therapist, and case managers. He specializes in the evaluation, diagnosis and application of interventional treatment for the management  of pain and related disorders.

He utilizes a three-step approach for the comprehensive management of pain and related conditions. The process consists of identifying the diagnosis, rehabilitation, and advanced non-surgical interventions and/or medications.

He encourages patient involvement in the medical decision-making process and invites questions regarding treatment options. He works with the patient to develop an integrated treatment plan tailored specifically to the patient's needs to restore and maintain function and wellbeing."

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

• Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Postoperative Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Tension Headache
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Torticollis
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epidural Steroid Injections
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Stellate Ganglion Block
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• TEMPLE UNIV SCH OF MED
    Medical School | Graduated 2005

Dr. Musser has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Musser does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Musser and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Musser's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Musser to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Musser's Performance
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Musser has been an excellent practitioner who has meticulously investigated any pain related issues that I have had. As a testament to this Dr. Musser was the first to discover that my cancer had spread to my spine, despite my neurosurgeon claiming it was only a lesion. Apart from his skills as a professional Dr. Musser has also demonstrated wonderful bedside manner, and makes sure to keep me up do date with any recent solutions and/or discoveries even beyond my pain issues (i.e. cancer).
in Calhoun, GA |
Dr. Musser is one of the most impressive doctors I have ever met. He is very professional while having great bed side matters. Any suggestions, I may have he will tell me pros and cons. Dr. Musser is such a advocate on fighting patients pain management, I feel that I am very lucky to have him as a doctor for my pain management.
in Lilburn,Ga |
Dr Musser is the ultimate professional. I have total confidence in his abilities and decisions about my care.
in Lilburn, Ga |
Dr Musser is just an incredible doctor. He spends whatever time needed to really listen and discuss options so I know I am getting the best possible care. Dr Musser has kept me mobile at 87 with severe arthritis and two terriIble knees. He keeps my arthritis pain at a minimum and my confidence in him keeps me from being afraid of future pain and immobility. He is always on top of the latest research and medical developments. His personal concern for his patients is unmatched.
in Atlanta, GA |
My experience with Dr. Musser has been exceptional! He is an excellent Dr. who cares about his patients, has empathy, and listens. He actually reads the MRI you bring him, then compares it to the report to make sure nothing was missed. He is very comprehensive and was the first pain doctor who every expressed concern for me as a whole, not just about my pain. We are working together on a wellness program and have set GOALS for 2017. Very excited to be working with him!
in Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Musser has gone out of his way to help me. He takes his time with me and explains everything to me, if I need him to. I am so happy I have found him. I drive from out of town to see him for appts. His staff is also super nice and attentive. I would highly recommend him. He is one of the best docs I have seen since my accident almost 10 years ago.
Have you seen Dr. John Musser, MD?
Are you Dr. Musser?