Dr. John Miklos, MD

Dr. John Miklos, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery  |

Dr. John R. Miklos is an internationally recognized expert in Laparoscopic, Urogynecologic, and Aesthetics Reconstructive Vaginal Surgery. He is the first fellowship-trained Urogynecologist/Laparoscopic surgeon to receive subspecialty training in Aesthetic Vaginal Reconstructive Surgery, and is one of the first board certified Urogynecologists. This unique melding of multiple fellowships and training has made Dr. Miklos one of the most sought after surgeons in the world for laparoscopic (mini-incision) reconstructive vaginal surgery as well as cosmetic vaginal surgery. Dr. Miklos is the recipient of many nationally and internationally recognized awards including: Castle Connolly ‘Top Doctor Award’ – 12 consecutive years America’s ‘Best Doctors Award’ – 10 consecutive years Consumer Research Council of America ‘America’s Top Obstetrician Gynecologist Award’ – 6 consecutive years American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopy – Kurt Semm Award- 2008 American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopy – ‘Jerome Hoffman Award’ American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopy- ‘Golden Laparoscope Award – 2001 and 2014.’ Dr. Miklos is a graduate of Medical University of South Carolina where he received his Master of Science Degree in 1985, followed by his Medical Degree in 1989. He then completed his traditional four-year residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA, in 1993. He then completed a two-year fellowship in Urogynecology and Reconstructive Vaginal Surgery in Cincinnati, Ohio. In 1995, after the completion of his fellowship, he came to Atlanta, Georgia, where he was named the Director of Urogynecology and Reconstructive Vaginal Surgery at Atlanta Medical Center. Despite being named an authority in his field that year, Dr. Miklos chose to further develop his understanding of minimally invasive surgery and female pelvic anatomy. In 1996, Dr. Miklos left Atlanta Medical Center and studied under internationally-renowned laparoscopic surgeon, William B. Saye, MD, (retired), and world-renowned pelvic anatomist/surgeon, A. Cullen Richardson, MD, (deceased). Dr. Miklos spent 2 years with this all-star team taking his training to an unprecedented new level among his peers. Dr. Miklos is the first Gynecologist to train in both of these two Fellowships: Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery (2 years) and Laparoscopic Reconstructive Surgery (2 years). In 1997, Dr. Miklos founded the Atlanta Urogynecology Associates, which is now Miklos and Moore Urogynecology. Dr. Miklos continues to pursue excellence in his field by searching worldwide for new, innovative and/or unique surgical and nonsurgical techniques. This commitment to research and development makes Miklos & Moore Urogynecology one of the busiest centers for teaching, research, and surgery in the country. Dr. Miklos has led the way in performing many laparoscopic vaginal procedures, and was one of the first surgeons in the country to perform procedures including: Sacrocolpopexy Paravaginal Repair Burch Urethropexy Enterocele Repair Vesicovaginal Fistula Repair Sciatic Hernia Repairs He was also one of the first surgeons to do the TVT Sling (1998), TOT Sling (2002), and Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation (2003). Many of these surgeries are now the “Gold Standard” in vaginal reconstruction today. The pursuit of a better quality of life for his patients has also lead him to investigate, research, study, and then employ surgical techniques for a much desired and requested line of therapy known as Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Vaginal Surgery, or Vaginal Rejuvenation. In fact, Dr. Miklos was the first Urogynecologist in the country to train with Dr. David Matlock (2002) in the discipline of Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation. This surgical training has allowed Dr. Miklos and Dr. Moore to round out their discipline of vaginal reconstructive surgery and offer all modalities of therapy for patients with various expectations and requests. Because of Dr. Miklos’ research and academic resume he is often asked to teach and write about cosmetic vaginal surgery in order to add legitimacy to the discipline.

Miklos & Moore Urogynecology

3400 Old Milton Pkwy Ste 330

Alpharetta, GA 30005

Learn about Dr. Miklos

ALL WOMEN DESERVE THE VERY BEST SURGEONS IN THE WORLD

We offer the very best surgical treatment for pelvic reconstruction and cosmetic vaginal rejuvenation. Drs. Miklos and Moore’s patients come from large and small town U.S.A. and all around the world.Patients from 50 states & 54 countries

Dr. Miklos' Experience

Dr. Miklos' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

• Microdermabrasion
  • Mini Tummy Tuck
  • Mommy Makeover
  • Neck Lift
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Plastic Cosmetic Surgery
  • Plastic Surgical Procedures
  • Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Wound Repair
  • Wrinkle Reduction by Injection
  • Wrinkle Removal

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Medical University of South Carolina
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Hahnemann University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Good Samaritan Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Miklos has no media or publications listed.

• American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Fellow

Dr. Miklos' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Miklos to family and friends
Dr. Miklos' Performance
in Twin Falls, ID |
My experience was amazing from the moment we walked in the door and were so warmly greeted, to getting released from the hospital we were treated so, so great! I have never had a consultation with a doctor for 2 1/2 hours, let alone with 3 doctors of their caliber. They asked so many questions and then they discussed course of action. Dr. Miklos, Dr. Lemos and Dr. Hawkins were caring, compassionate and understanding. Then they figured out how to help me and did. They are simply the best.
Atlanta, Ga |
Dr Miklos is an incredible surgeon. My complete reconstruction after my uterine, rectal, and bladder prolapse were flawless. He and his staff explained each step with extreme care and all results were as expected.
Farmington, CT |
I have suffered from symptoms of pelvic organ prolapse since I was 14 years old and have had multiple surgeries. Several months ago Dr. Miklos performed a hysteropexy and paravaginal repair on me; he has been the ONLY surgeon who has been able to provide me with symptomatic relief and I would recommend him to anyone.
Grovetown, GA |
Throughout my whole experience with Dr.Miklos and his staff, I've never felt more comfortable. All my questions and concerns were answered fast and clearly. They are all super nice and willing to help in every aspect.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklos is absolutely, hands down the best doctor I have ever seen. He answered all of my questions in depth and really took the time to make my needs a priority. You can tell how passionate he is about what he does. Also, Ashley, the nurse was just wonderful. She made me feel extremely comfortable in a seemingly uncomfortable situation. She even took the time to get to know me and my situation. I've never been treated so well by a doctor and his assistant. Overall these people are hands down
Atlanta, GA |
I would highly recommend Dr Miklos to anyone who is thinking about having this type of surgery. He spent extra time explaining everything about the procedure and answered all my questions thoroughly. I have never felt never felt this comfortable with any doctor and I have been to several. Susie was so friendly and helpful in making my appointments and his nurse Ashley was a breath of fresh air! He has an Amazing team!
in Loganville, GA |
Dr. Miklos is an excellent surgeon! I had a lot of vaginal repair procedures done. At my initial examination, Dr. Miklos knew exactly what was causing my problems and explained exactly which procedures he would use to fix it. He explained everything very well with diagrams and answered all of my questions as well as my husband's. My recovery went well, and I did not have near the discomfort or pain I had expected. It has been about 7 months since my surgery, and I am extremely pleased.
in Idaho Falls, Idaho |
Extremely satisfied with the results of my daughter's surgery. Dr. Miklos came highly recommended and he lived up to the recommendation.
in Opelika, Alabama |
Dr Miklos was great, he took his time in explaining everything really well. His staff is friendly especially his nurse Ashley she's awesome!!!!!!!
I highly recommend Dr. Miklos. After 2 years of pain, and contacting several doctors about removing my bladder mesh sling, none would do the surgery. I finally found a friend who had used Dr. Miklos and suggested I contact him. Now, the mesh is removed and I am on the road to feeling much better! Thank you Dr. Miklos, Dr. Moore and staff!!
in Oxford, PA |
Phenomenal warm, brilliant practitioner and teacher of his specialty. He is a true leader in Urogynecology as well as a humanitarian who provided a long appointment to figure out, diagnose, and plan treatment after 2 other MDs misdiagnosed me with Interstitial Cystitis. Dr. Miklos successfully identified the cause for my 3+ years of debilitating pain, removed the causative bladder sling, and I have been pain free ever since (3 months). Thank you, Dr. Miklos, for restoring my quality of life!
Atlanta, GA |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Miklos. He is a very skilled doctor and specialized surgeon. He thoroughly explained all aspects of my surgery to and was available to answer any questions (before surgerg and during recovery). I have been very happy with my results. His office staff are also excellent. They were extremely helpful before and after surgery.
Atlanta, GA |
Had 4 different procedures done in one surgery in Sept. 2016 (3 of them fully covered by insurance). So far, so good! Fingers crossed the success rate will stick for me. Staff is excellent and responsive. Dr. Miklos is very thorough and felt confident in his care. It is key you have an expert with these complicated procedures. I have uncovered two friends who went to him too and both are happy.
Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Miklos and his staff were absolutely wonderful. I had the neovagina surgery less than a month ago and feel great already. Everything went well and there were no complications at all. He is very knowledgeable, experienced and confident in what he does and that made me feel very comfortable. I wish I had heard about him years ago. He also went out of his way to answer follow up questions and make sure that I was feeling okay after surgery. I highly recommend him to anyone!
Dr. Miklos did an outstanding job on my Labia Minora Reduction! I experienced minimal pain with the procedure and the results far exceeded my expectation! I am very thankful I finally decided to move forward with the surgery. Well worth it!
First and foremost, Dr. Miklos and his staff are second to none. Susan V was instrumental in this entire process with setting up a surgical date for my daughter. Dr. Miklos is a very detailed doctor that explained the procedure from start to finish. He answered everyone of our questions and made us feel at ease that the outcome would be just as planned. Nurse Ashely was amazing with my daughter. As a father, I'm pleased with the entire outcome and would highly recommend this practice to others
in Georgia |
Dr. Miklos was awesome. When I decided to have this surgery, I researched & found Dr. Miklos to be highly trained & knowledgeable in his field and I was not disappointed. He took time on my initial consult to find out my wants and needs and took time to explain each procedure thoroughly. Before surgery I was given a packet of preparation procedures & what to expect post surgery. I was encouraged to contact his office with any concerns or questions. Overall, 100% satisfied.
in Alpharetta , GA |
Dr. Miklos has been my hero. He took me on when several others wouldn't. His partners are just the same. I have spent a lot of time with Dr Hawkins as well. She has spent a lot of time helping me through my struggles. They both seem to be committed to remaining my physicians. Can't say enough about getting skill and bedside manner. Total package.
in Cumming, GA |
Having known Dr Micklos's reputation for excellence over the past five years, I had no hesitation in consulting him for my diagnosis., I was not disappointed. From the moment I entered his office, his vast experience became apparent, from the pertinent questions he asked, the gentle examination performed to a complete explanation of my very worrisome symptoms. We discussed non surgical & surgical choices with no verbal pressure. I would recommend Dr Miklos without hesitation.
in Chatsworth Georgia |
I love Dr Miklos and his staff they were so kind and generous. I would highly recommend.
Washington DC |
I was diagnosed with MRKH in the spring of 2012 and within weeks I had a set surgery date for August in Beverly Hills for a neovagina creation. Still confused and scared, Miklos and Moore made the entire process seamless and comfortable. The procedure and recovery went exactly as planned, and I've never had any issues as far as dilation or being sexually active are concerned. I can't say enough about the entire staff- they truly know how to make a tough situation comfortable. Thank you!
in Hanford, CA |
I was a 68 year old female desperately searching for a doctor that would hear me. After multiple surgeries from complications of a mesh sling, I was left with a extremely shortened vagina, and severe pain attempting intercourse. Dr. Miklos was able to correct my problems surgically and now I have a normal loving relationship. Don't hesitate ladies!
in Tallahassee, FL |
I have had many surgeries due to mesh with a few different doctors and Dr. Miklos is by far the best. From his office staff, nursing staff, his personality and knowledge, I am just blown away. I could hardly walk 5 weeks ago before my surgery and here I am able to walk better then I have in years. Forever grateful!
Jersey City, NJ |
Dr.Miklos completely changed my life! His staff was wonderful and very professional. He did everything I could have asked for and more. I would highly recommend Dr.Miklos to anyone diagnosed with MRKH! The Davydov procedure is life changing.
Tampa, FL |
One of the best doctors I have ever met. Attentive and extremely knowledgeable. After being so self conscious for years with the look of my labia I finally found Dr. Miklos. There was almost no pain after surgery and I couldn't be happier with the results!!!!
in Richmond Hill, GA |
I have absolutely no complaints like complaints about my experience with Dr. Miklos and the staff! Everyone was super friendly and open and really made me comfortable if in had any questions or concerns. They completely understood how difficult a major surgery can be and we're no nothing but patient and kind!
in TX |
-Being told (from my doctor in Texas) that everything looked FINE and that the complications and symptoms I was experiencing from a mesh sling and a posterior transvaginal mesh implant were ALL in my HEAD, had become hard to accept. He suggested that I go see a psychologist. I was not convinced. That's when I decided to do some research; I googled mesh complications and symptoms and came across Dr. Miklos and Moore Urogynecology website.
in Omaha, NE |
Dr. Miklos and his staff are incredible. At 42, I had an endometrial cancer diagnosis resulting in surgery, chemo and radiation which left me with a significantly shortened vagina. I found and contacted Dr. Miklos’ office about his vaginal lengthening procedure but initially was not a candidate because of the radiation. After having hyperbaric oxygen treatments to heal my tissue, I was then qualified for the procedure, and my results have truly been life-changing. I highly recommend Dr. Miklos!
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. Miklos is very attentive to surgical details that make a difference for best results.
in Fairbanks alaska |
Fabulous doctor took alot of pain away!!!
Have you seen Dr. John Miklos, MD?

Visit Dr. Miklos

Hospitals where Dr. Miklos has admitting privileges

Northside Hospital
1000 Johnson Ferry Rd
Atlanta, GA 30342

More Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists at Miklos & Moore Urogynecology

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist