Dr. John Michels Jr, MD

Dr. John Michels Jr, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. John Michels Jr, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Read his story

8222 Douglas Ave Ste 890

Dallas, TX 75225

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Self Pay

Learn about Dr. Michels Jr

See how frequently Dr. Michels Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
high
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)

Dr. Michels Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Michels Jr' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Michels Jr "Dr. Michels is a former First Round Draft Choice and Super Bowl Champion with the Green Bay Packers. After a knee injury ended his NFL career, Dr. Michels decided to go to medical school to prevent injury from stealing others' passions. Dr. Michels focus is on using minimally invasive procedures, physical therapy, life-style changes, and non-narcotic, non-addictive medications to help people get back to living out their passions pain free. "

This content was provided by Dr. Michels Jr "An injury stole my ability to live out my dream of playing in the NFL. The focus of my practice is to enable people to live out their passions, pain free. "

• Pain Medicine

• Baylor College Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • University Of California At Irvine / California College Of Medicine & Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Michels Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Michels Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Michels Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Michels Jr' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Michels Jr to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Michels Jr' Performance
in Dallas |
Experiencing pain on a daily basis, is no walk in the park. This Doctor is amazing, he understands your concerns and incredibly knowledgeable about helping you through the process. Most of all he is extremely personable and listens as though you are his only patient.. I cannot say enough praises about Dr Michels and his great staff.! So far above most medical offices.
in Forney |
Highly recommend Dr. Michels. He and his staff are very courteous and go beyond what I expect from a doctor to make sure you are being taken care of. Explained everything in detail and was a great listener to all of my concerns and was able to answer them in a language I understand! He has helped me a lot with my pain and discomfort...
in Granbury, TX |
Dr. Michaels is awesome! From his bed side manor, to his physicians skills. coming from a pro football career and dealing with a career ending knee injury he knows first hand what it is like to live with pain. The guy flat out gets it. He is the only doctor in 30 plus years of dealing with severe back pain that has really been of any help to me. As great of a doctor that he is, it is only superseded by the person that he is. If he weren't my physician, I would still want him as a friend.
in Cedar Hill, Texas |
Excellent doctor. Answered all of my question and exhibited a genuine concern of my experience under his care.
in Richardson, TX |
I can't say enough about this guy... He has made a marked difference in my quality of life. I was spending every day in pain. I couldn't walk more than 1/4 mile, couldn't enjoy a show because sitting for any length of time generated pain and stiffness. Enter Dr. John... After several treatments I am now 98% back to normal. I have my life back!!! Thanks Dr. John..
in Bonham TX |
Dr. Michels and his staff were extremely professional. All appointments were taken at the time designated without any long waits. The staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. Dr. Michels answered all my questions and exhibited a sincere interest in my well being.
Dallas, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Michels for spinal injections to keep me - the Energizer bunny - ticking as a preschool teacher, Nana, and lifelong walker. My lower back pain was making life difficult at times to enjoy life to the fullest. Dr. Michels listens and in doing so you know he cares about what you have to say and is very easy to talk with. Three injections later I am getting ready for a 'walking' vacation! The office staff and nurse are so friendly, too. A reflection of him.
in Ft Worth, TX |
In October, 2011, I had a total knee replacement. The replacement didn't give me the relief from pain that I was seeking. Since then I've been through multiple cycles of drs and physical thrpy. In April of this year my orthopedic surgeon recommended Dr John Michels. He performed a knee block and I was informed that the block might last a day or two. Almost a month later, I remain free of the knee pain. I would highly recommend Dr Michels. His bedside manner is exceptional.
in The Colony |
Dr. Michels (Packer) as I nickname ALL my dr's. He is a caring doctor that is NOT a doctor that just pushes PAIN MEDS on his patients. He listens to his patients and treats them as individual cases! I have been lucky enough to come across Dr. Packer, he has kept my migraines at a point, where I can enjoy my grandchildren. He might BE A PACKER...BUT I LET HIM KNOW HE IS IN COWBOY TERRITORY!!
in Mesquite, TX |
I discovered Dr. Michel's after years of pain and discomfort. He saw to it the pain and conditions are gone forever! I have to say Dr. Michel's is the only doctor I have ever requested to call that has in fact called me back the same day I left my message. I have already referred friends and family to Dr. Michel and will continue to do so in the future as he truly cares about his patients
Dallas, TX |
Excellent physician. I was pain free for 5 months following spinal injection, first one to work for me.
Dallas, TX |
He listens actively, explains his recommendations, good follow up. I never felt rushed for time when he listened to my long medical history.
in Wylie, TX |
Dr. John Michels comes with the best bed side manners I've ever met in a doctor. I believe in the heart he brings each appt and shot operation I've received in such a short about amount of time. I have found out that I trust his judgment when it comes to me as his patient in his past location in Plano, Tx. I just wish he was also a general practitioner as well that's how good a Doctor he is in my honest opinion. His professionalism comes close to no other doctor I have EVER needed help with.
in Carrollton, TX |
He was very professional, intelligent, and got right to the point of my problem.
Have you seen Dr. John Michels Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Michels Jr?