Dr. John-Michael Stewart, DMD

Dr. John-Michael Stewart, DMD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  ·
Dr. John-Michael Stewart, DMD is an oral & maxillofacial surgery specialist in Dallas, TX and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from University of Texas Sou in 2002 and practices oral & maxillofacial surgery.Read his story

8611 Hillcrest Ave Ste 235

• MetLife
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Stewart

Dr. Stewart's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Stewart "Dr. John-Michael Stewart is a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. He attended Boston University's School of Dental Medicine, graduating magna cum laude in 1998, after completing his undergraduate studies at Southern Methodist University in his native Dallas, Texas. For the SMU Mustangs, he was the place-kicker on the football team and was awarded Kodak All-American in 1993. He completed specialty training in oral and maxillofacial surgery at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Parkland Memorial Hospital in 2004. During this time, he received a medical degree from the U.T. Southwestern Medical School, in 2002. From 2004 to 2012, he was in private practice in the Berkshires of Massachusetts and in southern Vermont. He opened John-Michael Stewart Oral Surgery at Hillcrest and Northwest Highway on July 1, 2012. His training at U.T. Southwestern and Parkland was extensive and comprehensive, providing a firm foundation to practice full-scope oral and maxillofacial surgery. More than a decade in private practice has afforded him the opportunity to meld his practice and interests. Besides traditional oral surgery surrounding the extraction of simple to extremely complex teeth, he has a love of being part of a dental team that creates and supports beautiful smiles with dental implants, whether single tooth restoration or full-mouth rehabilitation is the patient's goal. Continually seeking to learn about cutting edge techniques and technologies in the world of oral surgery, Dr. Stewart has been elected as a Fellow of the International Team of Implantology. He is the coordinator of the Park Cities ITI Study Club of Dallas and has lectured on the subject of dental implants among other relevant oral health issues. He is also the coordinator of multiple SPEAR Study Clubs which bring together general dentists and various other dental specialists to discuss, collaborate, and provide optimal treatment outcomes for patients with challenging dental and oral health issues. Dr. Stewart has been honored with inclusion in D Magazine's list of Best Dentists of Dallas. He was elected as a Mom-Approved Dentist in DFW Child Magazine and as a Texas Super Dentist in Texas Monthly Magazine. He has also been featured on The Dr. Oz Show as a Top Rated Doctor. Office hours are Monday - Friday, from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Dr. Stewart is a network provider for several dental PPO insurance plans, and accepts payments via cash, check, major credit card, CareCredit, and Lending Club. Outside of work, he loves spending time with his family. Three sons keep his wife and him very busy. When time allows, he enjoys the occasional round of golf."

This content was provided by Dr. Stewart "We strive to treat each individual patient as if they were a close family member. Dr. Stewart and our staff are dedicated to offering quality treatment in a caring environment. We have focused on building our practice with a strong commitment to patient care and fostering close relationships with referring dentists."

1  Practice Areas

• Parkland Hosp-U Tex SW MC
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Boston Univeristy Dental
    Other Education | Completed 1998

Dr. Stewart has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Stewart has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stewart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stewart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stewart's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stewart to family and friends

Dr. Stewart's Performance

Dr. Stewart Says:
"

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.  We appreciate the trust you place in our practice, and for choosing us to be your oral surgery provider.  Please contact our office with any questions or concerns.

"

So grateful for Dr. Stewart and his staff. They worked me into their already packed schedule the Monday after Thanksgiving and I walked out pain free. He took the time to answer all of my questions and his staff was absolutely wonderful throughout the entire visit.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I was nervous about having my wisdom teeth extracted and a dental implant placed, but Dr. Stewart put my mind at ease. He explained my options, gave his suggestion and walked me through the process step by step. I had a great experience.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I am a 69 year old man. I recently suffered a stroke and fell down a flight of stairs. I landed on my face. I was badly cut on my lower lip and was holding a handful of terth when I regained consciousness. On discharge from the hospital, I visited Dr. Stewart on the advice of my regular...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0
Cannot say enough good things about Dr. Stewart and his staff. Staff is friendly and professional. Dr. Stewart took time to explain everything and I was at ease throughout the process. Unbelievably after having wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago, I have had virtually no pain. If you need oral surgery,...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option0
my husband, a Vietnam & 20+ yr vet has many health issues, but needed a tooth removed. we looked up this doctor/dentist, we had a wonderful experience, we can't say enough about this dentist. he took him off of blood thinners for a week prior surgery, went in and tooth out in about 15 min's from...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option0