Dr. John Meyer, MD

Dr. John Meyer, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. John Meyer, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Louisville, KY. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Meyer is affiliated with Norton Audubon Hospital and Jewish Hospital.

1536 Story Ave

Louisville, KY 40206

• AARP
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • Mutual of Omaha
  • Teachers Retirement System (TRS)

Learn about Dr. Meyer

See how frequently Dr. Meyer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chorioretinal Scars
Senile Cataracts
Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)

Dr. Meyer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Cataract
  • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

• Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy
  • YAG Laser Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Naval Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Anheuser Busch Eye Institute
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Emory University School Of Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Meyer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Meyer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Meyer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Meyer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Meyer to family and friends
Dr. Meyer's Performance
in Louisville, KY |
Dr Meyer is always positive and friendly, and very thorough in explaining eye problems and putting them in a way that is easy to understand. In my opinion the best corneal surgeon in the area.
louisville, ky |
Absolutely the BEST !!!!!!!! My life changed beyond words when I decided to get LASIK. With such a big decision, I was so thankful that my vision was in the hands of the best in the industry !!!!!!! Hands down, this is the only office that I confidently send all my friends and family too. The ease of making appointments, getting answers to all my questions and feeling like a person not a number is why The Eye Care Institute will always be "my place"!
in Louisville, KY |
I have been a patient at the Eye Care Institute for about 10 years, first as a contact lens wearer, then as a LASIK patient. The staff are always friendly and knowledgeable. The office is clean and inviting. And, the doctors are top notch; I couldn't be more pleased with my LASIK results. I recommend the Eye Care Institute to all my friends considering LASIK or just wanting a thorough eye exam.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. John Meyer performed my LASIK Surgery the first week of May 2017. The procedure was quick and painless and the results were amazing. I now have 20/20 vision!! Dr. Meyer’s calming disposition and his remarkable bed-side manner, along with his courteous staff, were greatly appreciated. If you are tired of wearing glasses and/or contacts, I would highly recommend having LASIK with Dr. John Meyer.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Meyer did my LASIK surgery at The Eye Care Institute and I couldn't be happier with the results! The whole process from my initial screening, to my post-op exams went very smoothly. The staff was knowledgeable, professional, and prompt. I love not having to wear glasses!
in Louisville, KY |
The Eye Care Institute is absolutely amazing, from the front office staff smiling when you walk through the door, to the technicians who go above and beyond to care for your every need! Dr.Meyer is so patient and understanding, you won't find care this exceptional anywhere else!
in Louisville, KY |
I had LASIK with Dr. Meyer and my results have been amazing. My vision is 20/20! He talked me through the whole procedure and never left me wondering what was going to happen next. The Eye Care Institute staff was very professional and caring during my LASIK procedure as well. I would highly recommend the Eye Care Institute to anyone!!
Louisville, KY |
I had Lasik two years ago. I was so impressed with Dr. Meyer as well as the staff. They even gave me a stuffed teddy bear to hold during the procedure. Dr Meyer and the Lasik staff was always available to answer my 100 million questions and concerns. My eyes are seeing perfectly and I'm so glad that I chose Dr. Meyer to do my Lasik surgery!
in Louisville |
Dr. Meyer, as well as the rest of the Institute's doctors, are doing a wonderful job every day for the care and recovery of people's vision in louisville, where they can find a relative more capable of reaching the deepest lobbies of human feeling. Sufficient knowledge to diagnose, treat and give back many people the possibility of a visual recovery and development of their daily life. Thanks to these doctors, I have been able to experience the satisfaction and recognition of their hard work.
in Louisville |
I have been working in Eye Care Institute since August last year, I really apreciated the hard work in this place to provide the best Heath service in Louisville, all doctors make this place better every day and also many people said with this words " I love Eye Care Institute " and now I can understand why, because I'm feeling the same . Thanks Eye Care Institute
in Louisville, KY |
Dr Meyer is one of the best physician of I have ever met, truly concerned for the well being of his patients he owns an extremely oustanding surgical skills, he is extremely caring, and knows how to make disappear any fear or concern, he treats one and every one like human beings, close to them. Under doctor meyer's hands you will have more than the greatest surgical hability, you will get a friendly, honest close to you and your family, He will explain to detail every condition you may have.
in Louisville, KY |
I had cataract surgery in April and have returned to Dr Meyer 17 times with the same complaint that it constantly looks like I am looking through a windshield that needs defrosting. dr Patar did the initial surgery and it was a miserable experience. The pain was excruciating during the surgery and after. I switched to Dr Meyer 4 visits in and he has been unable to fix the problem...very unhappy with The Louisville Eye Care Center. I think either my lens is faulty or the incision is faulty.
Have you seen Dr. John Meyer, MD?
Are you Dr. Meyer?

Visit Dr. Meyer

Dr. Meyer accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • Mutual of Omaha
  • Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
    TriCare for Life