Dr. John McKinney Jr, MD

Dr. John McKinney Jr, MD

Cardiothoracic Surgery  |
Dr. John McKinney Jr, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery doctor who practices in Port Charlotte, FL. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. McKinney Jr is affiliated with Fawcett Memorial Hospital.

3417 Tamiami Trl Ste G

Port Charlotte, FL 33952

• AvMed

Learn about Dr. McKinney Jr

See how frequently Dr. McKinney Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vascular Disease
Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery
Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)

Dr. McKinney Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. McKinney Jr "My goal is to provide comprehensive surgical care to our patients and their families in an emotionally supportive environment."

• Cardiothoracic Surgery

• Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Tumors, Benign

• Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Aortic Valve Replacement
  • Aortic Valve Surgery
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery
  • Heart Valve Replacement
  • Heart Valve Surgery
  • Impella Device
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Insertion of Epicardial Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Lobectomy, Open
  • Thoracoscopy
  • Thoracotomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Tricuspid Valve Surgery
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS)
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) or Thoracotomy

• University Of Louisville
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • The University Of Texas At Dallas-Master Of Business Administration
    Other Education | Completed 2007

• John W. Price Award, Undergraduate Teaching, University of Louisville, June, 1994
  • Beta Gamma Sigma honor society, University of Texas at Dallas, April, 200
  • Resident Research Award, Good Samaritan Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, June 17, 1
  • First in Florida for Cardiac Care, Health Grades, 2006

Dr. McKinney Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McKinney Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McKinney Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McKinney Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McKinney Jr to family and friends
Dr. McKinney Jr's Performance
in Punta Gorda, FL |
I went to emergency room with elevated blood pressure and chest pain. Received heart cath next day by cardiologist & double bypass the following day by Dr. McKinney. I am 6+ weeks post surgery and progressing well. Dr McKinney is very caring and has an excellent bedside manner. He is very open and thorough in his discussions. I am singing his praises to friends.
in Arcadia, FL |
Dr. McKinney is an excellent surgeon ! He truly cares about his Patients ! He is always very attentive to his Patient's needs and questions. Best Doctor I have ever been associated with ! Thank you Dr. McKinney for all of your expertise and consideration with my recent surgery !
in Port Charlotte, FL |
I had to have open heart surgery and Dr. McKinney was there for me as a human being, not just another patient. Not only is he a great heart doctor, he also has a heart and it shows. Thank You very much.
in North Port, FL |
He made me feel safe.
in Punta Gorda, FL |
Dr McKinney was very qualified and the surgery went very well and was out of ICU within 25 hours and discharged from, hospital in 5 days. His procedures are very updated and bedside manner great. I would recommend him to anyone who needs heart surgery Lewis Armstrong
in Punta Gorda, FL |
I consider myself very fortunate an blessed in having Dr. McKinney perform my triple by-pass surgery. Pre and post surgery care were in his good hands and his coordination with the ICU's staff. Dr. McKinney has very comforting bedside manners with his patients and equally while working with the patient's family members and making well-informed decisions. The entire office staff is highly skilled and professional. It's their top priority to ensure you receive quality administrative service.
in Port Charlotte, Fl. |
Dr. McKinney has a great bedside manner. He explained the procedure thoroughly, was extremely kind and caring. He visited daily to check on me. At the office, he was prompt and genuinely seemed interested in my healing progress. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. McKinney to anyone needing Cardiothoracic surgery.
in Port Charlotte Fl. |
I could not be more pleased with the care I received from Dr. McKinney during and after emergency heart surgery. He is kind and cares about his patents. He takes the time to listen and explain. I found his staff were helpful and pleasant to deal with. Thank you Dr. McKinney
in North Port, FL |
He is the most professional, caring doctor I've had the pleasure to know, and I am honored to have him as my doctor. I had complications after surgery, and he was always there to help us through whatever we needed at the time. He looks at the big picture, and understands how important family and emotions play in the healing process. He saved my life, and his love of life overflows in the care of his patients. HE IS THE BEST; they do not get any better than Dr McKinney!
in Port Charlotte, FL |
Dr. McKinney was extremely personal and honest. That was, of course, very important to us. We are so thankful that was chosen as my husband's surgeon. Explained everything and has seen us even though he was over with us! ;)
in Punta Gorda, FL |
Dr. McKinney goes above and beyond for his patients. He explained everything to me, answered all my questions and reassured me. He lisented to my concerns and handled them in a professional manner? Never rushed, he spent as much time with me as I needed. I would refer a friend or family member to Dr. McKinney before any other surgeon.
in Port Charlotte, FL |
I would highly recommend Dr. McKinney to anybody. He made a hospital room visit EVERY day prior to and after surgery. He was very compassionate, truly cared about the patient. Excellent bedside manners.
in Port Charlotte, FL |
I couldn't have found a better cardiac surgeon! He took his time explaining things and really listened when I had comments or questions. Also has a great bed side manner complete with humor. Felt very comfortable with Dr. McKinney and feel very blessed that he is practicing in the Port Charlotte area.
in Port Charlotte, FL |
I could not ask for a Better DR. I heal good no complication and no pain.Will recommend DR. McKinney to any one how need a hearth surgery R. Gil Laramee
in Westport, CT |
I needed emergency by-pass and valve replacement. I was transferred to Fawcett and Dr. McKinney. I lucked out to find a physician who is not only of the highest surgical ability but one who really cares about his patients and will go the extra mile to help them. He saved my life and I will never forget him.
ALWAYS AVAILABLE FOR QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
Have you seen Dr. John McKinney Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. McKinney Jr?