Dr. John McGowan, MD

Dr. John McGowan, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. John McGowan, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 13 years.

7777 Forest Ln Ste A337

Dallas, TX 75230

• HAP Insurance
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. McGowan

See how frequently Dr. McGowan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spondylosis
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Subarachnoid Hemorrhage

Dr. McGowan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. McGowan "We believe in customized care and a team approach to medicine with attention to careful selection of the least invasive and most effective form of treatment for each patient."

• Neurosurgery

Dr. McGowan does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acoustic Neuroma
  • Broken Neck
  • Cavernous Malformation Brain
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Glioma
  • Gout
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Meningiomas
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Microdiscectomy

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • McGaw Medical Center-Northwestern University Program
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. McGowan has no awards or honors listed.

• Surgical Treatment of Cranial Dural Arteriovenous Fistulas, 2004

Dr. McGowan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McGowan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McGowan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McGowan to family and friends
Dr. McGowan's Performance
in Texarkana, TX |
Dr McGowan is a great doctor. I trusted his opinion and had the surgery he recommended. Have had no issues since surgery. He will only do what he thinks is necessary to fix your issues. I highly recommend him for anyone who needs this type of surgery
Carrollton, TX |
Knowledgeable, articulate, great bedside manner, true professional, superb results from my surgery. These are just a few attributes that I would use to describe my dealings with Dr. Brad McGowan. I couldn't be happier with my results and have recommended him to several friends who have a similar situation with their back.
in ALLEN |
I have absolute confidence in Dr. McGowan. He is an exceptional surgeon and I have the scar to prove it. I would place my life in the hands of this Doctor any time with confidence of the best result.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. McGowan wears his intelligence and attentiveness well, and clearly understands the difference between hearing and listening to his patient. Eye contact is maintained with the patient as s/he explains the presenting problem and asks questions to which he thoughtfully responds. Confidence in this doctor's ability to help is inspired by these qualities.
in Carrollton, TX |
Dr. McGowan is a very caring and personable physician. I was very impressed with his demeanor and complete explanation of my problem. He answered all questions and did not rush. I was completely informed and pleased with our consultation. I would highly recommend Dr. McGowan.
in Seymour, TX |
Dr, John McGowan is a very easy person to be around. He was easy to understand about my medical problem and did not encourage me to do surgery unless I cannot stand the pain any longer. I appreciate his point of view for me. If I get to the point that I need the surgery I will return to his office for the help that I need. Thank you, Dr. McGowan.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. McGowan listened to my concerns and when I came in with an emergency he put me in the hospital & did surgery with Dr. McKane. I felt in I was in good hands.
in Bach Springs, TX |
My initial visit with Dr. McGowan, 3 years ago, was life changing. Prior to my visit with Dr. McGowan, I had gone to another neurosurgeon about my diagnosis of a meningioma brain tumor & because of the size and difficult location of the tumor, I left that appointment feeling hopeless. However, during and after my initial appointment with Dr. McGowan I felt hopeful of a good outcome. Dr. McGowan was confident and caring. He was informative & took the time to listen & answer my questions.
in Dallas, TX |
If all physicians were as dedicated, sincere, and capable as Dr. McGowan it would be a much better world to live while you are ill and incapacitated. He is truely what physician should be.
in Waxahachie TX |
The staff was so gracious from my first visit forward. It was such a relief to meet Dr. McGowan and hear his logical explanation of what was going on with my back. He is very warm, and showed a great deal of patience with me as I asked several questions. He laid out the different strategies, and we came to a decision as a team. My back is significantly better only 6 days after my surgery. I am excited to see how much better my quality of pain free living will be going forward.
in Dallas, TX |
Only praise for this warm and caring doctor. Dr McGowan takes the time to be with you if you to talk and get information. If I have to move away, I will take Dr McGowan with me.
Mabank, TX |
Dr. McGowan is a very caring doctor. He takes time to listen to the concerns his patients have. The office staff is very courteous, and professional. I have the highest regard for Dr. McGowan and would feel confident referring potential patients to him.
Dallas, TX |
I cannot say enough about the positive experience I had with my recent surgery with Dr McGowan and his team. He is an incredible Neurosurgeon who was also very involved with my recovery and well being. He and his team were responsive and caring!! I'd recommend them highly!
in Plano, TX |
I have always been proactive about my health, so when my cervical disk problem needed surgery, I took the same mri/radiological information to 4 top neurological spine surgeons and received 3 different opinions, a real eye opening experience. Dr. McGowan recommendation was the most conservative and was my choice. The entire staff and treatment that I received was the best I could ever have expected. James H. Moore
in Mckinney, TX |
Dr McGowan very knowledgeable in his area of specialties. He has commendable personality. He takes resolving patients issues personal. He took time to address my issues and explained everything in terms that a medically non well informed patients could understand. He has a very friendly attitude and made me very comfortable. I really appreciated his care and services, hence won't hesitate recommending him to my family and friends.
in Corinth, TX |
I have been dealing with the VA for many years with herniated disks and degenerative disk disease. I have gotten nowhere with them. I was referred to Dr. McGowan and I could not be more pleased with the outcome of my surgery. I have lived in constant pain for 15 years. I had surgery on 10/3/16 and I feel AMAZING! He listens to his patients! He takes pride in helping others! He's the best! Thank you Dr. McGowan for changing my life!!!
Thank you for the positive feedback and compliment of our physician! We appreciate the kind words.
Have you seen Dr. John McGowan, MD?

Visit Dr. McGowan