Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. John McGarry, MD
Dr. John McGarry, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Plano, TX. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. McGarry is affiliated with Methodist Hospital for Surgery and Baylor Medical Center at Frisco.

Plano Orthopedic Sports Medicine & Spine Center

5228 W Plano Pkwy

Plano, TX 75093

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthSmart
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. McGarry

My philosophy is to treat the patient with respect and discuss all options with the patient which includes surgical or non surgical. Most of my patients are treated without surgery. Patients must be the one to make the decision after having all the facts.

Dr. McGarry's Experience

Dr. McGarry's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Complex Fractures
  • Compound Fracture
  • Compression Fracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Extra-Articular Fracture

• UT Southwestern
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Plano Orthopedic and Sports Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. McGarry has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McGarry does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McGarry and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McGarry's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McGarry to family and friends
4.5
Dr. McGarry's Performance
in Mckinney, TX |
I had a total knee replacement 9 months ago by Dr. McGarry and the over-all experience has been much better than I could have ever expected. I was in tremendous pain prior to the surgery and now I don't even think about my knee. The attention to detail Dr. McGarry and staff gave was exceptional. They all explained everything very well and made the diagnosis in stages to ensure I got the best care possible. I would highly recommend Dr. McGarry and Team.
in Plano, TX |
I had a problem with my right shoulder for years, but it was not going to get better with out additional medical attention. Over the years several doctors treated the problem with little success. Then I went to Plano Orthopedics where I received outstanding care. I highly recommend Dr. McGarry and his staff. They were there when ever I need care from the start to finish. I could not have been better treated.
in Leonard, TX |
Dr. McGarry has helped me twice, and both surgeries were highly satisfactory. The most recent was a total right knee replacement, and everything has gone according to plan (I am 72 and plan to continue to ski until I am at least 80). In a previous surgery, Dr. McGarry fixed my rotator cuff and torn bicept and it is now also 100%. He is an excellent surgeon, an excellent in-office physician, and fun to be around.
in Mckinney, TX |
Dr. McGarry did my shoulder surgery, including rotator cuff repair, and did a great job. I am finishing rehab and shoulder is doing great. Thank you Dr. McGarry.
Frisco, TX |
I have seen multiple orthopedic doctors and had continued to look for one that I felt took the time to talk to me and explain the X-rays, the issues, and what could be causing them. In the past, every doctor I have seen has made me feel like my 60 seconds are up and they need to move onto the patient in the next room. I have seen McGarry twice and have been very happy with the time and effort he has put forth.
in Plano, TX |
I had a very good experience with Dr. McGarry. He explained what was going on, even though I was not 100% sure. Definitely recommend him to new patients.
in Frisco, TX |
Dr. McGarry and his assistants Meghan and Marvin are the best. They are professional, caring and go above and beyond in helping their patients. Dr. McGarry successfully rebuilt my right wrist after an auto accident in 2008. When I started having knee pain, Dr. McGarry performed a total knee replacement on my left knee in 2015 and he performed a total knee replacement on my right knee in 2017. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
Southfield, MI |
The staff is rude and the most thoughtless I have ever encountered. Even to my insurance provider. Run from this one. The staff represents the doctor and based on this staff, this doctor is one to stay away from. There are too many in the area to choose from. Even my insurance provider found them to be unacceptable and beyond rude, as well as unprofessional. I suggest seeking care elsewhere.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. McGarry did two excellent joint repairs for me, one on a rotator cuff and the other on my ACL. They were bad injuries and my recovery has been successful. Very efficient with helpful bedside manner, wonderful support staff, and I always get right in and out. Good follow-up program. They'll see you through the whole repair and recovery.
in Richardson, TX |
Very pleased with my total knee replacement surgery. Followed all doctor and PT orders and now have full motion. My quality of life is drastically improved. Now I'm wondering why I put it off for 10 years. Dr. McGarry did a great job.
in McKinney |
Dr. McGarry operated on my shoulder, and all went well. But my entire experience with Dr. McGarry from the very first appointment to the follow-up appointments was handled so professionally as well as personal and friendly. Dr. McGarry never seems rushed and always answered all of my questions. Any surgery is a big deal to the patient - and Dr. McGarry was always quick to respond to any concerns. I would highly recommend Dr. McGarry to family and friends.
Plano, TX |
A few years back had shoulder surgery, all went great and shoulder is better than ever. October I had a full knee replacement and am already back on the golf course. Great surgeon.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. McGarry was very professional and direct. Everything he told me about the ACL surgery, recovery time, and the time off work was exactly right. He was always kind and friendly and his assistant was great. I would definitely recommend him to anyone contemplating knee surgery in Plano.
in Richardson, TX |
Dr. McGarry was quick and thorough in diagnosing my shoulder problem. He explained what was happening with my shoulder and the most common ways of treating it. He prescribed a shot and then physical therapy, and now my shoulder is much better and on the mend. I never had to wait very long, and the staff were friendly and efficient. I highly recommend Dr. McGarry.
Allen, TX |
The most positive experience I have ever had in a medical facility. He is professional, personable, informative and answered all of my questions. He kept his word.
in Carrollton, TX |
So i went in for my appointment i told Dr. McGarry my friend did MRI & saw a torn meniscus. He scheduled a X ray (i even asked why he wouldn't schedule a MRI because a xray wont show tissue tears) After he examined me he said he had seen this several times and it was a torn MCL. suggest 6-8 week therapy. 3 months & 4 apt. later he finally did a MRi and said it was a torn meniscus and i needed surgery. Alot of money and time wasted. Was very unhappy with the treatment or lack of that i received
Plano, TX |
My experience with Dr. McGarry and his staff was excellent and my return from my rotator cuff surgery and post physical therapy has been better than I could have imagined.
in Texarkana, TX. |
I found Dr. McGarry to be professional and enthusiastic about his work.
in Carrollton, TX |
Dr McGarry is a surgeon but recommended an injection and physical therapy first to see if I could get range of motion back and I did! Dr McGarry explained my ouches and drew pictures so I have a good understanding of the problem. I will have to continue to do my part with physical therapy on my own when my sessions are done or the ouches will go back to where they were. I'm willing to do my part. Very thankful I found Dr. McGarry!
Have you seen Dr. John McGarry, MD?
Are you Dr. McGarry?

Visit Dr. McGarry

Dr. McGarry accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA