Dr. John McElveen Jr, MD

Neurotology | Male

Carolina Ear & Hearing Clinic 5900 Six Forks Rd Ste 200 Raleigh, NC 27609 Get Directions
Dr. John McElveen Jr, MD
Dr. John McElveen Jr, MD is a neurotology doctor who practices in Raleigh, NC. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. McElveen Jr is affiliated with WakeMed Raleigh Campus, Greenville Memorial Hospital, Duke Health Raleigh Hospital and Rex Hospital.

Dr. McElveen Jr's Care Philosophy

Following my ENT residency at Stanford, I performed an Otology & Skull Base Surgery fellowship at the renowned House Ear Clinic. I was trained by Bill House,the father of cochlear implant surgery & acoustic tumor surgery.Jim Sheehy & Derald Brackmann taught me the surgical treatment of chronic ear disease & Howard House the delicate art of stapes surgery. The techniques I have learned have allowed me to provide the highest level of otologic care for my patients at Carolina Ear & Hearing Clinic.

Dr. McElveen Jr's Experience

See how Dr. McElveen Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. McElveen Jr

Dr. McElveen Jr accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. McElveen Jr is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. McElveen Jr has admitting privileges.

Dr. McElveen Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McElveen Jr to family and friends
3.9
Dr. McElveen Jr's Performance
in Fayetteville, NC |
My ear doctor in Fayetteville, NC had recommended Dr McElveen to do my right ear stapedectomy. He explained the procedure clearly, and answered all my questions. The surgery was very successful and I am very grateful for the results, I can now hear in my right ear. His staff was very helpful and courteous. I am now scheduled for stapedectomy surgery on my left ear after 4 months of my first surgery. I highly recommend Dr. McElveen because of his skills as a surgeon and his professionalism.
in Pinehurst, NC |
Dr.McElveen cares about his patients and their welfare.
in Mebane, NC |
Had to reschedule follow up surgical appointment because of doctor's surgical schedule. Got there 15 minutes early for my 11:00 appointment; was taken back for hearing test at 11:20. Went back out to sit in waiting room where there were several people who had come in way after I did. Every one was taken to the back before I was. I was taken back at 12:15, very frustrated with their procedure of getting patients to the doctor in order of their arrival. Only saw doctor for around 5 minutes.
in Raleigh, NC |
I went to 2 ear specialists in the Raleigh area who weren't able to help me before I found Carolina Ear and Hearing Clinic. Dr McElveen was highly recommended. I had surgery to remove a cholesteatoma from my right ear and a repair to my tympanic membrane which went extremely well. From the diagnosis, to the surgery, to the followup, Dr McElveen and his staff were very competent and caring. They helped to reduce my anxiety before surgery and gave me hope for improved hearing in my ear.
in Shallotte NC |
The doctor and staff were very professional and competent. I received excellent care.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. McElveen and his team are very professional and personable. Dr. McElveen performed a Tympanoplasty in my right ear 3 months ago (to repair a perforation left from a ventilation tube from a previous ENT doc's surgery nearly three years ago). Dr. McElveen and his team were reliable, helpful, and reassuring through the entire process from pre-op to post-op. My ear has properly healed from the surgery, and now I can swim, shower normally, and hear again!
Raleigh, NC |
I was on time. I had to wait one hour and forty minutes to see the doctor. I understand schedules get messed up. No one came to me while I was waiting to apologize for the delay and let me know when I would be seen. When Dr. McElveen came in he didn't say anything about the delay. I'm uncomfortable going to an office where the staff and doctor place so little value on my time.
in Fuquay Varina, NC |
Dr. McElveen and his entire office are professional, courteous, and keep their patients informed.
in Beulaville, NC |
I was well pleased with Dr. McElveen and his staff. I highly recommend Dr. McElveen and his staff to others. Great job!
in Shallotte, NC |
Dr. McElveen is an incredible surgeon and has perform operation on my left ear. After 58 years of persistent ear issues . I highly recommend Dr. McElveen and his staff.
in Cary, NC |
Great doctor, very thorough, surgery went well.
in Mebane, NC |
My daughter had a persistent perforation in her eardrum. Our local ENT was unable to repair it after two attempts and referred us to Dr. McElveen. Dr. McElveen repaired the hole which in turn restored her hearing in that ear. He is very good with children, and I am so thankful for his expertise.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. McElveen is an incredible surgeon and has performed many operations on my ear. After 10 years of persistent hearing issues, he was able to fully restore hearing in one of my ears by using an omega prosthesis during a tympanoplasty.
Have you seen Dr. John McElveen Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. McElveen Jr?

Compare Dr. McElveen Jr

Dr. McElveen Jr's Care Philosophy

Dr. McElveen Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurotology
      •  Board certified in Neurotology and Otolaryngology

Dr. McElveen Jr has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. McElveen Jr's Board Certifications

• Ear Disorders
      • Ear Infection
      • Earwax Buildup
      • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
      • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
      • Head and Neck Cancer
      • Otitis Media
      • Otosclerosis
      • Outer Ear Infection
      • Perforated Eardrum
      • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
      • Sinusitis

Completed in 1982

House Ear Inst/House Ear Clin

Completed in 1984

• German

Dr. McElveen Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McElveen Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurotology
      • Otolaryngic Skull Base Surgery
      • Otology

• Cochlear Implant Insertion
      • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
      • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
      • EMG (Electromyography)
      • ENT Surgery
      • Ear Surgery
      • Ear Tube Placement
      • Myringotomy
      • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)