Dr. John McDonald, MD

Dr. John McDonald, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. John McDonald, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 38 years old. Dr. McDonald is affiliated with Seton Medical Center Austin, Seton Northwest Hospital and St. David's North Austin Medical Center.

Texas Orthopedics Sports and Rehabilitation Associates

4700 Seton Center Pkwy Ste 200

Austin, TX 78759

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. McDonald

See how frequently Dr. McDonald performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bursitis
Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)
Knee Disorders

Dr. McDonald's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. McDonald "Dr. McDonald encourages a team approach with each of his patients. When patients, their families, physical and occupational therapists, and physicians all work together, the patient can achieve a quicker recovery and the success that they desire through both surgical and nonsurgical means. Patients enjoy his friendly, open, and personalized approach to care. He encourages questions and always takes the time to get to know his patients and thoroughly understand their concerns."

• Non-Surgical Orthopedics

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Ut Southwestern/Parkland Hospital
  • Steadman Clinic and Steadman-Philippon Research Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

• Upper-Extremity Deep Venous Thrombosis Associated wtih Proximal Humerus Osteomyelitis in a Child, 2010

Dr. McDonald does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McDonald and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. David's North Austin Medical Center

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McDonald to family and friends
4.2
Dr. McDonald's Performance
El Paso, TX |
I have been in horrible knee pain. Sleeping maybe 5 hours a night due to waking. He looked at my knee gave me an injection and voila! I am walking pain free! AMAZING! His staff was helpful & professional. He actually ran ahead of scheduled.
Austin, TX |
I made an appointment with Dr. McDonald. He was not present for my appointment. As Kate, his PA, is a competent assistant, I didn’t make an appointment with her. This has happened before and I expect to see the doctor whom I made the appointment with.
Austin, TX |
I really liked Dr. McDonald. First time I have ever needed an ortho doc. I needed a leg immobilizer, and the staff did not fit it or the crutches properly. A slightly more experienced ortho Tech helped re-fit it a little better, but it is far from tolerable…
in Copperas Cove, TX |
Dr. Mcdonald was referred to me by one of his patients. He came across as very intelligent and straight to the point, and he was able to answer all of my questions thoroughly. While he did not feel that I currently needed hip arthroscopy, I did not feel that I was left off the hook as he made recommendations on who to see who could better address the entirety of my medical issues, and gave the assurance to return to him if I continued to have hip issues.
Austin, TX |
Such an excellent doctor! He truly cares about his patients. He is very thorough and listens to all of your concerns. He is amazing!!
Austin, TX |
I am 78 years old and have numerous physical problems. Dr McDonald and his staff are the best practice I have encountered anywhere. They manage to combine warmth, kindness, intelligence, listening, proficiency, and promptness that are astonishing. He advised other measures than surgery and explained treatment to me clearly and optimistically. I have hopefulness and knowledge that I had not expected. I am grateful to be a patient in that practice.
in Austin, TX |
Everything with Dr. McDonald was excellent. He was very up front with the information which I appreciated. His PA, Kate, is the most down to earth and approachable person I've encountered in my years in the medical field. Together, Dr. McDonald and Kate went beyond my expectations , after being referred to him from a competitor in Austin. The fact that this other organization sent me to Dr. McDonald speaks volumes about his reputation here in Austin as being the hip guy.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. McDonald took the time to explain my injury and all the possible approaches to fix it. I was completely informed of the possible advantages and disadvantages with each approach and all my questions were answered, which gave me the confidence to make the right decision. My surgery was very successful and I am well on the way back to doing what I love!
Georgetown, TX |
Dr McDonald is very professional and his communication skills are superior. He is an outstanding diagnostician.
in Austin, TX |
Waited for an hour and ended up with few minutes discussion with doctor. He examined the same was as that of my FP/GP and charged me $200 (for 5 min probably). Nothing different from GP in terms of examination, but billing is totally different from GP. Not worth of the service/visit
Texas Orthopedics and Dr. McDonald take great pride in providing the best possible care and experience for each patient, and Dr. McDonald endeavors to spend an appropriate amount of time with each patient. However, we are unable to comment on your experience specifically due to federal privacy laws. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding your visit. As we do not have your contact information, please call 512-439-1000 and ask to speak with an administrator.
in Austin, TX |
I would like to pass on my sincere gratitude to Kate Deford for her unsurpassed compassion and spot on care she has provided throughout my surgery and recovery. Dr. McDonald hit the jackpot when he brought Kate on as his Physician Assistant and I want all to know what she brings to this first class practice. She is a true professional with the knowledge in her chosen field and the people skills to make her patients feel secure in the direction and decisions of the healthcare they are receiving.
in Austin, TX |
Let me start by saying that Dr. John McDonald is a truly exceptional professional and his attention to detail is unsurpassed in his field. Not only do I believe in the surgical skill of Dr. John McDonald but also his sensitivity, kind charm and gentle demeanor. Dr. McDonald cares about a quick recovery and absolute perfection in his procedures. I would highly recommend Dr. McDonald for any and all knee, hip, & shoulder concerns. His PA, Kate is outstanding & his entire staff are warm & friendly.
Austin, TX |
Dr. McDonald is obviously very well-trained and has great bedside manner. I am very active and had been working out on a torn meniscus for several years. I felt very anxious and upset at the idea of surgery, but Dr. McDonald explained why surgery was the best option, and took the time to answer all my questions. Part of my meniscus was removed, but I only have 2 tiny scars and I'm already back at the gym! My knee feels great and it's been just under 3 weeks since my surgery! So thankful!
Have you seen Dr. John McDonald, MD?

Hospitals where Dr. McDonald has admitting privileges

Austin, TX 78705
Seton Northwest Hospital
11113 Research Blvd
Austin, TX 78759

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. McDonald at Texas Orthopedics Sports and Rehabilitation Associates