Dr. John Mathewson, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Atlanta hand specialist, Johns Creek, GA 10730 Medlock Bridge Rd Ste 200 Johns Creek, GA 30097 Get Directions
Dr. John Mathewson, MD
As a hand surgeon who specializes in minimally invasive surgery I aspire to provide my patients with the cutting edge technology that allows for minimal disruption to their lives. My goal is to restore function minimize or eliminate pain and allow for faster recovery. I believe that an experience with a surgeon is not limited to the doctor but the whole staff and I am pleased to be surrounded by both courteous and competent staff.

Dr. Mathewson's Care Philosophy

Dr. Mathewson's Experience

See how Dr. Mathewson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mathewson

Dr. Mathewson accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Mathewson is now accepting new patients
ATLANTA HAND SPECIALIST JOHNS CREEK10730 Medlock Bridge Rd Ste 200
Johns Creek, GA 30097
(770) 333-7888Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Mathewson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mathewson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mathewson to family and friends
Dr. Mathewson's Performance
in Alpharetta, Georgia |
I'm so happy to find Dr. Mathewson!!!!!! He is a fantastic doctor and professional with the upmost care for his patients, with fantastic bedside manner, fantastic nurses and staff and hospital, all would be rated a 10 for me the experience was stellar!!!!!!!!!
Alpharetta, GA |
Dr. Mathewson and his staff were all extremely friendly and professional. He spent a great amount of time with my wife and I and answered all my questions in terms I was able to understand. I was able to schedule a surgery in only 2 days due to my unavailability. I would definitely recommend this doctor and staff to anyone!
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Great initial visit. Was able to schedule same day appointment. Receptionist greeting me when I arrived, and showed me the forms I needed to fill out. Was then met by Heather the technician, who took my health information, and took the necessary x-rays. Dr. Mathewson has an excellent manor, explaining exactly what part was broken, and outlined my options. Heather then applied my cast, and Dr. Mathewson checked my cast and told me when to come back to check on healing progress. Excellent!!!
Duluth, GA |
I was anxious at my office visit but Dr. Mathewson made it very pleasant, he is very kind. He took his time to answer all of my questions.
in San Antonio, TX |
This is the most awesome Dr. I have ever worked with. I went to Dr Mathewson for a 2nd opinion on an injury I sustained to my predominate hand. Wow, is all I could say. He took the time to explain the MRI results in English, showed me an x-ray of my good hand and the injured one so I could see the extent of the damage and made sure I was comfortable with the surigical approach we chose. I flew from TX to GA for post op check up because because i didn't want anyone else touching my hand.
in Floresville, TX |
Never met a doctor like Dr. Mathewson. Excellent bedside manner, professional, extremely knowledgeable. Such a terrific doctor!
Have you seen Dr. John Mathewson, MD?
Are you Dr. Mathewson?

Compare Dr. Mathewson

Dr. Mathewson says...

Dr. Mathewson's Care Philosophy

Dr. Mathewson says...

I am a minimally invasive hand wrist and elbow surgeon and I am honored that I have been able to take care of my patients in San Antonio for the last six years of my practice. I have now moved to the Atlanta metro area and I look forward to offering my patients a holistic approach to hand wrist and elbow conditions. If conservative treatment is exhausted I will be able to offer them an alternative to invasive surgery with minimal downtime faster recoveries and potentially no sutures.

Dr. Mathewson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Mathewson has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mathewson's Board Certifications

• Hand Pain
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

Completed in 2009

Minnesota Hand Fello

Completed in 2010

Schiller University England

Dr. Mathewson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mathewson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery