Dr. John Mathews, MD

Blood & Marrow TransplantMaleAge 50

Blood & Marrow Transplant

Dr. John Mathews, MD is a Blood & Marrow Transplant Specialist in Dallas, TX. Dr. Mathews has extensive experience in Skeletal System Neoplasms, Blood Cancers, and Lymphatic System Disorders. He is affiliated with Medical City Dallas Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. John Mathews, MD

Texas Oncology

7777 Forest Ln Ste D220 Dallas, TX 75230 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Blood & Marrow Transplant Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Mathews is affiliated with Medical City Dallas Hospital Dallas, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Mathews

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Mathews treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Mathews treats other conditions, please contact the office at (972) 566-7790.

Skeletal System Neoplasms

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers in the bone, both primary, such as sarcoma, and those that have spread from other parts of the body.Compare with other Skeletal System Neoplasms specialists.

Dr. Mathews is experienced in the area of Skeletal System Neoplasms. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

Bone Marrow Biopsy

Blood Cancers

Blood cancer specialists diagnose and treat cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma that affect the blood cells, bone marrow, or lymphatic system.Compare with other Blood Cancers specialists.

Dr. Mathews is experienced in the area of Blood Cancers. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 19 conditions and procedures

Acute Leukemia
Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Myeloma
Acute Lymphoid Leukemia

Lymphatic System Disorders

Lymphatic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the lymphatic system, including lymphedema, lymphadenitis, and lymphangitis.Compare with other Lymphatic System Disorders specialists.

Dr. Mathews is experienced in the area of Lymphatic System Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 14 conditions and procedures

• Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Bone Marrow Transplant
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Erythropoietin Test
  • Hemophilia
  • HPC Transplantation (Stem Cell Transplant)
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Leukocytosis
  • Pancytopenia
  • Plasmapheresis
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Sickle Cell Disease
  • Thalassemia
  • Thrombocytosis
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Vitamin B Deficiency
  • Vitamin B12 Deficiency

Dr. Mathews accepts

Dr. Mathews accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Preferred PPO

Dr. Mathews' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mathews

Dr. Mathews

Excellent doctor, great man.
Pam and Zeev – May 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?
Always has the right answers to my questions and is always ready to help me when is needed
Soledad Ortiz – Apr 20, 2022
Extremely Well-Qualified Oncologist/ BMT Dr
Dr. Mathews is an exceptional oncologist & bone marrow transplant specialist. He is usually behind schedule, but you will not regret the wait. He is very thorough & knowledgeable, & takes time to address any questions or concerns. As the BMT process is foreign to most people, he does an excellent job explaining the process & outcomes. In the more than 50 office visits & multiple hospital stays, including a BMT, I never felt rushed & always felt Dr. Mathews had my best interest in mind when making medical recommendations. Additional, Dr. Mathews has referred me to other great specialists to address both preexisting and residual medical conditions that fell outside of his expertise. I could not be more pleased with the care I have received from Dr. Mathews & the Drs he has referred me to. I would absolutely recommend him to any oncology patient, especially those who are in need of a transplant. FYI, check-in, eat lunch, & return 2 hours after your scheduled appointment to avoid waiting.
Jeff G. – Mar 20, 2022
Dr. Mathews
Dr. Mathews is an excellent doctor! He is very caring and takes time to answer questions! He makes sure you are well taken care of in the hospital too! I would highly recommend Dr. Mathews.
Mary H Surber – Mar 17, 2022
Brilliant and Caring Physician
I saw Dr Mathews for a follow up on my bone marrow transplant. He was great as always.
Seena Ferguson – Mar 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?
Dr. Mathew's spends time with his patients unlike the 99% of Dr's I've seen in my life. He's a very calm natured individual, he's professional and I would give him ten stars if I could.
Adam Frank – Feb 24, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?
From the beginning of my treatments, Dr. Matthews has been reassuring, informative and very professional. I feel I am in good hands and trust him to guide me through this journey to the best of his ability. I am grateful for his knowledge and warm demeanor. Indeed, the entire staff have been incredibly inspiring.
Feb 24, 2022
Thank you Dr. Mathews
Dr. Mathews is an amazing doctor. We feel so blessed that Dr. Mathews was there to take care of my husband. We cannot say thank you enough.
Jan 31, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?
Dr. Mathews was very professional and explained everything and all treatments I was to receive. He addressed all my questions and made me aware of upcoming procedures. He followed me closely in the hospital as well as in office visits after my release. He informed me that he would release me back to my primary doctor only when I was medically ready, which he did. I was impressed with his ability to treat me and my wife as individuals in need of compassion and support along with excellent treatment. He made dealing with the horrible disease tolerable and hopeful for a good outcome. He is an extremely knowledgeable doctor using all his skills to provided excellent treatment to his patients. I appreciated his treatment and care of me and my wife while at Medical City Dallas. He gets five starts for his care and treatment of me. Thank you Dr. Mathews!!
Alvis R. Wright – Jan 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?
Dr. Mathews is possibly the best, no-nonsense oncologist i've ever seen. He was one of the only doctors to accurately diagnose me and put together a holistic treatment plan that gives me a good quality of life while actively treating my cancer. He is a rockstar bone marrow transplant doctor and is thoughtful, kind, considerate and most importantly throrough. He leaves no stone unturned and I trust him with my life. I'm so lucky to have found him and highly recommend anyone with blood bone marrow disorders see him.
Jan 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?
Absolutely, the best doctor for my needs. Very compassionate in every way. He is very thorough with his explanation of the patient's circumstances and very patient while answering questions. Never makes patient/family feel rushed. I cannot say enough good things about him. In addition, staff members connected with him are the tops. I'm always treated like royalty by everyone.
Donna Fitzpatrick – Dec 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?
Dr Mathews maintains the highest level of compassion and commitment to his patients I have be ever seen in the medical profession in all my 67 years. He has answered all of my questions clearly and succinctly. Made prompt amendments to my treatment plan and inspires confidence in his practice among his colleagues and many patients. I am blessed to have found him
Stephen O'Meara – Nov 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?
Excellent doctor he listens to what I say and explains everything to me where I understand
Katrina Bailey Washington – Nov 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?
Was a very compassionate dr who explained and drew on a whiteboard all of my treatment plan in detail. His nursing staff is exceptional at staying on top of me. Making sure I never missed an appointment. Dr Matthew’s was so very kind and genuinely concerned how I was feeling.
Beverly Duran – Aug 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?
Dr. Mathews is the BEST! He is kind, funny and extremely attentive to his patient's needs and well being. He always goes the extra mile to help his patients understand their diagnosis, treatment, options and how to be the best they can be throughout this difficult journey. I would HIGHLY recommend him!
C Morris – Aug 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?
My visits have always been pleasant, and professional. from the outset of my relationship with Dr. Mathews i have been so appreciative of his concern and his ability to fully explain my illness to me. he described, in detail just how the stem cell transplant would be done, and what i could expect following. i am so pleased that i chose him and the bone marrow transplant for my treatments. i have nothing but PRAISE for him. I look forward to having him as my Stem Cell Transplant Doctor for the rest of my life. Thank you for the opportunity to give my Special Physician a five gold star. Ronnie L. Daniell DOB 08/27/1947
Ronnie L. Daniell – Aug 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?
Dr. Mathews is an amazing oncologist who exhibits a personal and caring manner towards his patients. I have always feel that I receive the best of care from him for managing my cancer. Dr. Mathews stays in touch with the latest research and findings so that I can be offered the most relevant options. He is a major reason why Medical City Dallas is a regional leader in services for blood cancers.
Nzinga – Jul 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?
Dr. John Mathews is extremely knowledgeable, personable, and helpful. His bedside manner is excellent. I would trust him with my life. However, I would not trust him with my time. I don't understand why he always runs so late. It is not unusual to wait in his office with other immune compromised patients for over two hours. The office does a good job of spacing the seating arrangement so that we are six feet apart.
Norma W – Jul 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?
It was thorough and on target. Team is excellent to work with
Jul 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?
Dr Matthews is a caring and competent oncologist.
Jul 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mathews, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mathews?